Oral hygiene is one of the most important things when it comes to health and fitness. Nowadays, people are more and more interested in physical appearance. Teeth are a crucial area when it comes to the first impression we leave on others.
Although we all know that brushing your teeth every day is a must to have healthy teeth, sometimes we have to do more than that.
Brushing your teeth regularly with an ordinary toothbrush is not enough to have the cleanest and neatest teeth.
Studies have shown that electric toothbrushes are much more effective in removing food debris from interdental spaces. More and more buyers are turning to these electric toothbrushes.
Let’s not forget that we must periodically consult a dentist to maintain good dental hygiene in addition to a good electric toothbrush.
There are many products of this kind on the market in our country, but this only makes your decision more difficult. We have made the ultimate guide to help you choose the best electric toothbrush.
Oral-B PRO 1000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates and pulsates to break up and remove up to 300 percentage more plaque along the gum line than a regular manual toothbrush
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in handle timer helps you brush for a dentist recommended 2 minutes
- 1 Mode, Daily Clean, rotates to break up and sweep away plaque
- Included in pack: 1 Oral B Professional Handle, 1 CrossAction Brush head and 1 charger
- Compatible with the following replacement toothbrush heads: CrossAction, 3D White, Sensitive Clean, Precision Clean, FlossAction, Deep Sweep, Ortho and Dual Clean
The Oral-B electric toothbrush is a very affordable one. It has a very good quality-price ratio, which makes the toothbrush very appreciated and bought.
It has only one made of brushing, which makes brushing unprofessional. It is a small disadvantage compared to other electric toothbrushes that have several ways of brushing.
This electric toothbrush model is intended for adults. It is very easy to charge with the help of the stand in the package; the charging is done wirelessly.
The discharged battery is announced with the help of an LED that warns you that you need to charge it. Thus, you avoid the unpleasant situations in which you want to use the toothbrush, and you wake up in the middle of brushing because you no longer have a battery.
The fact that it has a battery makes it much better than a toothbrush on batteries.
The integrated timer helps the brushing to be done exactly as recommended by the dentists, the 2 minutes. Also, it has a stopwatch in the handle that vibrates every 30 seconds. This warns you that you need to change the brushing dial.
The Orab-B PRO 1000 electric toothbrush model has a great advantage when it comes to brushing heads. All the Oral-B heads are suitable for this model, which makes changing the brush heads at 3 months not difficult at all. You can choose any brush head that you think suits the brushing you want to do.
Unfortunately, this model does not have a pressure sensor. This causes the brushing to be done as everyone feels they have to put pressure on the teeth and gums. It is a minus for this electric toothbrush, but it is not such a big minus that to make it undesirable.
More: The Best Beard Trimmers
Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries
- Real-time feedback with the Oral-B app focuses brushing on your most important areas, tracks habits over time, motivates with helpful oral care tips, and senses when you brush too hard. A full charge can take up to 24 hours
- Made of different high-tech materials like silicon. Cross Action round brush head with perfectly angled bristles for a precise clean
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
- Rechargeable with 6 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner
- Speed, Up to 800 brush movements per second , Features, Specially designed seals and gaskets keep the Oral-B 7000 water tolerant to 500 millibars of pressure and it removes 300% more plaque along the gum line than a regular manual brush
According to the manufacturer’s past characteristics, this toothbrush promises to remove tartar like a professional brush. Built of good quality materials and the design, it has made it a special toothbrush.
The Oral-B Pro 7000 electric toothbrush offers a 3D cleaning with the help of 40,000 pulses and 8800 oscillations per minute. Oscillations are the ones that help the most to remove plaque and fight gingivitis.
The fact that this toothbrush cleans the teeth very well is felt from the first uses. After a few weeks of daily use, you can see improvements in your teeth and gums’ health.
The complete package consists of a toothbrush, 5 heads, a clock timmer, a wireless charging stand, and a travel kit. All these accessories make this model a perfect one for a book-like cleaning.
If too much pressure is put on the teeth or gums during brushing, the pressure sensor with which this toothbrush is equipped warns you clearly that the pressure is too high. At the same time, this sensor reduces the rotation speed, thus protecting the gums.
Bluetooth technology makes it easier to use this electric toothbrush model. It can easily connect to any smartphone and can provide real-time information about brushing. You can also access a brushing history, and thus you can see certain statistics related to daily brushing.
The built-in timer warns you every 30 seconds that it is time to change the brushing part and at the end of the 2 minutes that the time is over.
For the brushing to be perfectly done by anyone, the 5 brush heads that come with the Oral-B Pro 7000 toothbrush are completed by 6 brushing programs. Cleaning programs are dedicated to each type of brushing: daily cleaning, deep cleaning, sensitive, whitening, gum care but also tongue cleaning.
To make everything perfect, all Oral-B brush head models fit this toothbrush, which makes brushing more enjoyable than ever.
Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Gum Health
- Improve your gum health up to 100 percent with a safe and gentle experience vs. a manual toothbrush
- Protect your teeth with a pressure sensor that gently pulses to alert you when you're brushing too hard
- Always know when to replace your brush head for an effective clean with the brush head replacement reminder
- Personalize your brushing experience with 3 modes: Clean, White and Gum Care; Voltage: 110-220 V
- 2 minute Smartimer with QuadPacer helps ensure Dental Professional recommended brushing time and a consistent clean throughout your mouth
The electric toothbrush from Philips promises to bring a big plus in teeth whitening. The W Optimat White brush head helps to remove stains from the teeth and gives a pleasant result after only one week of use.
Customizing the brushing according to your own needs makes you choose one of the 3 brushing modes.
In addition to the natural protection of the teeth when brushing, this electric toothbrush promises maximum attention for seals, braces, and veneers. Philips sonic technology does all these things and helps prevent cavities and protects gum health.
Philips Sonicare, with brush strokes, removes bacterial plaque and offers exceptional daily cleaning.
During brushing, you do not notice that you put too much pressure on your teeth or gums. This is immediately noticed by the Philips Sonicare HX6850 / 34 electric toothbrush through the pressure sensor it is equipped with.
Changing heads at the 3 months recommended by dentists, you no longer have to worry. This toothbrush model comes with very advanced technology, BrushSync. This technology clearly indicates on the handle that it is time to replace the brush head. It monitors how long you used it and how intense the brushing was.
The timer is also a great addition to this electric toothbrush. It makes daily brushing the recommended 2 minutes and changing the brushing area at the right time.
To make everything perfect, the electric toothbrush from Philips comes with premium storage and transport kit.
Buying Guide for the Best Electric Toothbrush in 2021
How do we choose the best electric toothbrush?
When choosing the best electric toothbrush, the most important thing is to choose one with brush heads with various textures and shapes to ensure the best cleaning. Classic toothbrushes usually have only one type of shape or texture, but electric ones come with a wide range to choose from. At first, you will feel overwhelmed because you will not know exactly what you are looking for or what would suit you best, but everything has a solution.
It all depends on personal preferences, especially on the problems you want to solve or would like the toothbrush to be “attentive.” For example, suppose you have problems with bleeding gums. In that case, you will want the electric toothbrush not to aggravate this problem but to help you brush your teeth without feeling discomfort.
Dentists recommend that people with sensitive teeth or gums use a soft toothbrush to avoid aggravating the situation. When it comes to medium-textured brushes, they are perfect if your main goal is to effectively remove plaque. Oval or round brushes, which have brushes of different lengths, will be your best friend when you want a better cleaning of the spaces between the teeth and, especially, those between the teeth and the gums.
The brushing method is extremely important for electric toothbrushes because the user can no longer change it if he does not like it or causes discomfort. It is best to choose a toothbrush that gives you the option to choose between various speeds or pressure levels on your teeth and gums. Thus, you will be able to choose between firmer or faster oscillations that will help you get that deep cleansing you are looking for.
However, suppose you know that you have sensitive gums or teeth that have pain when brushing. In that case, it is best to use electric toothbrushes with slightly slower oscillations that will not give you too much pressure during deep cleaning. When we talk about the best electric toothbrush, it should give you the personalization of the brushing experience, depending on your teeth’ situation and implicitly the problems you already know.
Any electronic device has a certain level of performance, and the results provided will depend on it. For example, the Oral-B toothbrush is the only one on the market that will offer you a 3D cleaning through the oscillating rotational movements. An independent study found that this will remove 22% more bacterial plaque than other toothbrushes, 32% more effective in improving gum health, and 33% more effective in reaching those food scraps from inaccessible spaces…
Electric toothbrushes that work with side vibrations are appreciated by buyers. Still, in the end, the best evaluation of the performance of an electric toothbrush is the general health of the teeth and gums.
Ease of use
The electric toothbrush should make brushing easier and more efficient, especially if we are talking about children who are just learning how to brush their teeth. The electric toothbrush should be easy to use, comfortable, and does not require much maintenance. For users on their first brush with this device, the first experience may seem strange. Usually, electric toothbrushes are quite strong and should be used with greater care to not injure the teeth or gums. The best models have smart programs that will make the transition from traditional to electric toothbrush much easier.
Adults or children
Electric toothbrushes are different for adults or children in terms of their use. They are usually intended for use by adults. Still, They can also be used by children if their brush head is changed to a soft one and a delicate brushing program is selected.
Electric brushes usually come with special functions and features, which help you have a brush as comfortable as possible and which cleans your teeth and interdental spaces as well as possible. One such useful feature is the timer that will help you know when you have brushed your teeth for two whole minutes. Usually, this timer warns you by making a distinct sound every 30 seconds to know that you have to change the brushing area. Thus, you will brush the whole mouth evenly, which is recommended by all dentists.
The most professional electric toothbrushes come with accessories that will personalize your experience and give you more freedom. Usually, the accessories will help you to travel with an electric toothbrush safely wherever you go. You will need a protective cover and especially a portable charger. Most electric toothbrushes contain several additional brushing heads, which will help you enjoy the professional brushing experience for 6 to 9 months. After you consume them, you will have to buy other brush heads separately.
The purpose of electric toothbrushes is to improve your health and help you have a healthier tooth enamel, and the best in the field will help you with both. Although they are more expensive than the traditional toothbrushes that you will have to handle, the best electric toothbrush will be worth the money, and you will never regret the investment made.
Also, as an accessory, we can pass the heels specially created for storage and transport. Just as we take an external battery or epilator with us on our travels, so we must think of taking an electric toothbrush. And how can we do this better if not in a specially designed heel,
As in any other field, the brand, e.g., the company that produces and sells in most cases electric toothbrushes, has its say. Users can know from the beginning whether or not they want to buy from a brand. The fame and national or even international recognition of a brand is a direct indicator of its buyers’ quality guarantee. Most of the time, a big brand will not fail to sell products that are below the quality standard already established in a certain market.
The most popular brands on the Romanian market are Oral-B, Philips, Dr. Mayer, Panasonic. These brands come with a wide variety of products that will personalize your experience. Each will offer you something that no other product has. When it comes to dental and oral hygiene in general, it is best to use the best quality products from nationally recognized companies. Rather than regret and have an accident because of a no-name product that no one has heard of, you better stick to what is known and recognized as being of high quality, even if it is an investment.
Any portable electrical device will operate on batteries. Therefore, the battery is another element that deserves to be evaluated and quantified accordingly. The most efficient electric toothbrushes will offer us an enviable autonomy that can reach a month of use in the conditions of brushing twice a day.
The last criterion by which you should choose a product is the price. Very often, the price is a direct indicator of the quality of a product or device. Hence, high quality comes with a high price, while a low one comes at an affordable price.
Considering that we are talking about the hygiene of an extremely sensitive area of our body and our daily appearance, it is best to invest in quality products, even if it costs more than we were willing to pay. An electric toothbrush is a long-term investment and will be worth the money when you see the differences from the normal, classic toothbrush.
We hope that the information presented was useful to you to make the best choice. Choose what suits you, and you will find the experience you are looking for!
The best electric toothbrush for you must be comfortable in your hands, easy to manipulate, gentle on the teeth and gums, and it must keep your mouth feeling fresh at all times. Electric toothbrushes employ high-frequency vibrating, oscillating, or rotating brush heads that loosen up food and other oral plaque and mineral deposits with relative ease. However, an electric toothbrush can become dirty over time and will need to be cleaned. Here are some cleaning tips for manual toothbrushing:
- Using good quality water flosses – For your teeth to stay clean between brushings, you need to use good quality water floss. Water flossing is a breeze because it doesn’t use any suction. Simply wet your finger with water, place it in the flossing part of the brush head, and run the motion. While water flosses can be uncomfortable and a little uncomfortable, not to mention a little messy, the best electric toothbrushes make use of water flossing heads that swivel and allow you to access even the back of the teeth with ease.
- Using an oral-buddy – If your teeth are so dirty, it may take more than just using your best electric toothbrush to get them clean. If there is too much buildup on the teeth’ inner linings or the gum line, the toothbrush will not be able to reach it. Using an oral-buddy will double the cleaning power of your brushing and eliminate that tough-to-get junk on your teeth. Oral-buddies come in different shapes and sizes, depending on the size of your mouth. A large oral-buddy will cover a large area in one brushing, making for easy cleaning. The only drawback to this type of oral Buddy is that it can get costly to refill.
- Using super strong gel – Oral-Buddy and other electric toothbrushes are good. Still, some oral-buzzes and toothpaste are just too much. These high-end oral-bros are very effective, but they require that you use much more than just regular toothpaste. Some oral-buzzes and products are made of special materials that provide an extra amount of cleaning power, like the Oral-B Genius X Limited. This is one of the best electric toothbrushes and toothpaste on the market and is recommended by many professionals.
- Switch to manual brushing – Although electric toothbrushes give great results, they have a few negative aspects. Most manual brushes have less suction power, which means that they take longer to clean your teeth. They also can’t reach hard-to-reach areas like the teeth’ back, sometimes resulting in miss cleaning because the bristles will not reach. On top of these, some people like to manually brush their teeth with their mouths open. This can cause many discomforts and lead to more tooth decay if you don’t open your mouth fully.
- Ask your dentist for advice – If you have any doubts about the best electric toothbrush or brush head for your needs, you should consult with your dentist. Your dentist knows your personal dental needs and can recommend the perfect brush head for you. Not all people have the same oral cavity shapes or widths, so your dentist may have specific recommendations based on those factors. Talking to your dentist will help you ensure that your brush head gets the proper amount of suction power, length, and girth so that your brush ends up where it’s supposed to be.
A quality electric toothbrush is how to effectively and efficiently clean teeth. With regular cleaning sessions and correct brushing techniques, brushing your teeth at least twice a day will help reduce tartar and plaque build-up on your gums and teeth. You must also avoid certain foods and drink, which will only increase plaque formation and inflammation in your mouth. Some of these are soft drinks, grapes, tobacco, coffee, chocolates, alcohol, teas, and aerated drinks. Suppose you know that you often experience gum problems. In that case, it is important that you immediately consult your dentist to prevent gum infections.
There are three basic types of electric toothbrushes: the pressure sensor, electronic ionizer, and water losses. Pressure Sensors come at varying strengths and prices. The best electric toothbrush to purchase depends on the type of brush you prefer. You can purchase a cheap one if you do not care too much about the features. On the other hand, you can go for an expensive but durable one if you are after features such as auto shut off, extended warranty, the travel distance between charging and use, etc. The cheaper ones tend to have blunt edges, which can hurt your gums quite a bit when brushing.
An electric toothbrush should have a quip head. The quip head is essential because it allows you to brush twice with just one charging session. This is very convenient, especially when you travel and there is no available power outlet at home. A higher-priced electric toothbrush comes with several extra quips, which come in handy, especially when doing multiple tasks.
One more thing that a whitening electric toothbrush must have is a good cleaning head. This is vital because if you do not have a good cleaning head, every time you brush your teeth will be plagued with spots that you cannot get rid of. It’s kind of like washing dishes without using detergent and soap – you’ll still end up getting spots.
On the other hand, waterproof sonic cleaning modes ensure that you don’t waste your money over cleaning modes that have timers. With a two-minute interval timer, you don’t have to worry about cleaning your electric toothbrush in two minutes. It is sufficient enough for occasional usage.
Also, electric toothbrushes come with extra extras such as travel toothbrush cases and travel kits. These come with different brushes and toothpaste. With these kits, you can easily brush other parts of the body besides teeth and clean your contacts. A pressure sensor enables you to detect when your arm or finger is too rough while brushing. There’s also a travel toothbrush cap for those extra convenient packing and unpacking needs.
Lastly, you should consider buying an electric toothbrush with the Philips Sonicare app. The Philips Sonicare app is definitely a must-have, especially for professional use. This enables you to enjoy a realistic and comfortable brushing experience. It even provides you with audible feedback for perfect timing. Besides the audio feedback, this gives you the chance to adjust suction pressure so you won’t ruin your teeth’ enamel.
You should consider getting the perfect electric toothbrush that matches your lifestyle and needs with all of these. Some of the Philips Sonicare products have built-in pressure sensors, while others don’t. You can choose between rechargeable and permanent battery types. While the former is cheaper, the latter provides you with better longevity and longer life in battery mode. In any case, you should choose one based on its brand name as well as its features.
Like this Guide? Check Out Others Here
Looking for the Best Products? Check out our Store
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API