Sugar, spice, and everything nice to have on your bathroom shelves. It’s a shame how somewhere down the line, self-care became an indulgence.
Between work obligations and social events, we find ourselves penciling-in time for pampering, rather than these acts of self-kindness being the norm.
Our resolution for this year is not to recreate ourselves but to love ourselves better by bringing self-care back into our everyday routine.
Starting with these fabulous body scrubs, we’ll be showcasing the latest and most fabulous formulas catering to all skin types, traumas, and preferences.
Tata Harper Smoothing Body Scrub
Scrubs don’t have to be rough and raw. Tata Harper’s exfoliant is 75% organic and 100% soothing.
It features a multiparticle polishing complex made from pink Himalayan salt, Hawaiian sea salts, sugar, cranberry, and apricot seed powder. Besides the argan oil and the brand’s proprietary beauty complex, it’s delightful for dry and rough skin, sending out an SOS for hydration.
It can also work as a pre-shave exfoliant opening the roots and softening the hair, preventing irritation and reducing the likeliness of cuts.
- WHAT IT IS: A 6-Step Regimen to discover all-natural, age-defying skincare
- THIS SET INCLUDES: Our daily essentials kit includes a complete, travel-friendly 6 step regimen of our best selling products
- 100% NATURAL: 100% natural, nontoxic, and free from all fillers, synthetics, artificial colors and fragrances. Our non-toxic products will never make you choose between health and results or between natural and high-performance
- MADE FRESH IN VERMONT: Buying direct from Tata Harper guarantees the most farm fresh, authenticated product online. No outsourcing. No shortcuts. We do it all ourselves. With our own people. On our own farm
Origins Warm Down Warming Lava Scrub to Detox and Smooth
We love this Origins scrub for the energetic body, especially for runners with calloused feet. Be sure to use it only when you really need it. This warming scrub will have you feeling an intense literal burn but deliciously satisfying.
Heating up when coming in contact with water is a post-workout treat for sore muscles. The delicious fragrance of wild mint, eucalyptus, and orange will calm the senses. At the same time, volcanic ash heats things up and beats out bacteria.
Fresh Cocoa Body Exfoliant
The second you unscrew the cap off Fresh’s decadent scrub, your senses are seduced with a rich, dessert-like fragrance.
We’re nicknaming the stuffed body with chocolate because the temptation to taste the coco-kissed exfoliant is all too real. It’s a chocolate lover’s dream.
Fresh Cocoa Body Exfoliant proves that this sweet treat is perfect for skin, smothered in coconut oil and sprinkled with cocoa shells ensuring a supple, smooth finish.
OY-L Body Scrub
A few things this beauty editor loves: A creative play on words (oy-l, oil — get it?), clean packaging, and discovering new skincare brands whose products make skin feel like butter.
Founder Andrea Pierce-Naymon developed the all-natural brand when her daughter became ill due to what was being put/absorbed into her body. Their mission is to provide women “beauty without secrets,” using sustainable packaging and zero chemicals in their formulas.
The Body Scrub was formulated with all of nine ingredients, including hemp seed and avocado oils, as well as pink Himalayan salt to cleanse, exfoliate, and smooth skin in a spa-like fashion.
Note: OY-L donates 15% of all bath salt and scrubs sales to Dysautonomia International, a non-profit organization researching a cure for Dysautonomia patients.
- Gently exfoliate with this skin-loving blend of Raw Cane Sugar, Coconut and Jojoba Oils.
- This formula leaves skin silky smooth and nourished with uplifting aromas of Lemongrass, Lemon Balm and Vanilla.
- Dry and rough skin, perfect prep for pre-shave, can be used on lips and body. Ideal for all skin types. Use 2-3 times a week for body perfection.
- Body Basics - The bare necessities for all skin types. Daily essentials for your clean body care regimen.
- We always formulate without 1,300+ Banned Ingredients, Including Parabens, Mineral Oil, Sulfate-based Detergents, Synthetic Fragrance, Petroleum-based Ingredients, Phtalates, Phenoxyethanol, Formaldehyde and GMO Ingredients.
ArtNaturals Organic Arabica Coffee Scrub
Like it rough? ArtNaturals is waking you up and rubbing you down with a raw cocktail of Kona coffee and Dead Sea salts.
This deep exfoliant is not just a buttery mixture. Still, it does feature a dash of olive oil, shea butter, and sweet almond oil to soothe the skin throughout each use.
This power blend will give the body a bit of tough love to slough away dead cells and cellulite, reduce age spots, and hydrate dry patches.
- EXFOLIATING AND CLEANSING - All natural hand, face and body scrub gently exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells and promoting fresh healthier and younger looking skin. Salt scrubs can improve texture, tone and appearance of your skin and help reduce the appearance of cellulite and acne.
- ANTI AGING – This facial scrub will help fight signs of aging at every turn. The caffeine in the scrub helps fight acne, age spots, dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles. It will also help lighten the appearance of dark circles by the eyes.
- STRETCH MARK CELLULITE AND VERICOSE VEINS – Our Arabica coffee scrub combines dead sea salts with Kona coffee to help reduce the appearance of cellulite, varicose veins, spider veins and stretch marks. Caffeine is known to help stimulate blood flow.
- MOISTURIZING: Botanicals extracts, including olive, sweet almond and grape seed oils work together to combat dryness and irritation as they hydrate. Leaving you skin ultra-soft, smooth and beautiful. Not only will this scrub moisturize your skin, but the smell is to die for. This will make you look, feel and smell amazing.
- SATISFACTION GAURANTEED – All artnaturals products are Vegan, Sulphate-Free, Gluten-Free, Cruelty-Free and Paraben-Free GMO-Free. Satisfaction guaranteed or 100 percent refund of purchase price.
Majestic Pure Sweet Orange Body Scrub
Majestic Pure Sweet Orange Body Scrub will gently remove dead skin. With its enriching and moisturizing formula, you’ll get bright and refreshing skin. Crafted with nourishing ingredients such as Sweet Orange Oil, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Dead Sea Salt, and Coconut Oil.
The smell is so delicious if you love citrus scents. The sweet orange oil will leave your skin feeling soft and smelling like oranges, help brighten up dry, wintertime skin.
The scrub does a fantastic job of exfoliating without drying the skin out.
If you are looking to go green with your bath and body products, then you will love Majestic Pure. The entire product line is paraben, GMO-free, and cruelty-free.
- Perfect Father's Day Gift Idea: Give your dad a father's day gift to remember! At Majestic Pure we strive to offer items that also make a great and unique gift! Give that special person in your life a father's day to remember.
- Crafted with wonderful nourishing ingredients such as Sweet Orange Oil, Dead Sea Salt, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, and Coconut Oil.
- Safety Warning: Rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use.
- Promote smooth supple skin: The scrub gently removes dead skin, exposing it to enriching and moisturizing minerals and nutrients.
- Majestic Pure products are cruelty-free.
AHAVA Softening Butter Salt Scrub
“Body butter.” The phrase in itself sounds so self-indulgent. AHAVA’s Softening Butter body scrub is the perfect mixture of sweet and salty, like movie popcorn and Raisinets, special for your body’s delight.
Indulgent in its make of natural salts, oils, and sugar, the clay-like texture transforms into a kind of lotion as you wash. This helps exfoliating dead skin cells and nourishing the body with moisture.
- Exfoliate and boost hydration with this transformative cream. As you scrub the texture changes from a luxurious body exfoliate to a creamy moisturizer just by adding water.
- Refresh skin’s surface with Dead Sea salts, oils and sugar and enjoy a therapeutic premium spa experience.
- Massage thoroughly all over the body (avoid face and any cuts or abrasions). Rinse off well, then towel dry.
Clinique Pep-Start 2-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser
While you’re pampering your body — don’t ignore your face, which deserves some love, too. Awaken your skin with Clinique’s 2-in-1 facial scrub that preps every skin type for the day ahead.
Sloughing away lingering grime, excess oils, and the like, the daily formula features the natural enzymatic action of papaya extract, as well as natural silica and bamboo beads.
These ingredients together create a smooth canvas for additional skincare products or makeup applications.
Bite Beauty Everyday Agave Lip Scrub
And we couldn’t help but include at least one lip scrub! Lip scrubs are lovely because they relieve weathered pouts from dehydration. Also, they usually leave a delectable aftertaste to lick up long after the exfoliating process.
Bite’s Beauty Everyday Agave Lip Scrub includes brown sugar and pineapple enzymes for a delicious treatment that leaves the lips smooth, supple, and sweet.
If you are tired of harsh soaps, irritating sprays, and a general lack of results, a body scrub could be a good solution. This could help you refresh your look without exfoliating, irritate your skin or cost you a fortune. You may have heard good things about chemical exfoliators or salicylic acid scrubs. But are they right for you? The secret is in the ingredients.
One of the best-known benefits of using a scrub is that it exfoliates without causing a lot of pain or redness. It also works very gently on your skin, leaving it clean and refreshed. A body scrub will improve your epidermis health and even become a pleasant, relaxing shower routine. However, the scrub should not contain any chemicals or harsh ingredients because these could cause further irritation and even cause an allergy attack. You want something gentle, effective, and reasonably priced, right?
What do experts recommend for the best body scrubs? Moisturizers with Vitamin E are highly recommended for exfoliating and calming your skin. Salicylic acid is excellent at removing dead skin cells. Still, because it is also a mild exfoliant, it can be harsh on the skin. The experts agree that you need to use a body scrub that contains keratosis pilaris, a kind of protein that is similar to the skin’s natural protein keratin. This ingredient works to tighten up the epidermal layer and reduce the wrinkles on your body.
Chemical exfoliating body scrubs are much more abrasive and actually hurt your skin. This type of body scrub is great for getting rid of dead skin, but it also removes healthy skin cells. What’s good for the surface can be bad for the long term. Your goal is to return your epidermal cell count and renew your skin cells, not to damage it. That’s why chemical exfoliating body scrubs are usually accompanied by another type of exfoliating product.
Sugar scrubs – these are products that people use to treat acne, blackheads, oily complexion, and redness. Also, they can be used for sensitive, dry and chapped skin. Many experts agree that sugar scrubs are beneficial but not necessary if you are suffering from acne.
Rose body scrubs – are popular exfoliating products and are usually found in anti-aging creams and skincare products. Some people opt to use rose body scrubs on stubborn blemishes or blackheads. A rose body scrub has natural ingredients that work on oily skin. If you have dry or sensitive skin, you should avoid rose body scrubs, as these may irritate your skin further.
Salt bath exfoliating scrubs – are also popular and are great at removing dead skin cells. These scrubs are best used in the shower, as shower water can cause too many exfoliating ingredients like sodium laureth sulphate. When you read the ingredients of your regular exfoliating cleanser, pay special attention to sodium laureth sulphate. This chemical is an exfoliant and can strip your skin of its natural oils, causing premature aging. However, some products on the market have lower concentrations of this ingredient, so look for them.
The benefits of using an exfoliating body scrub are endless. Getting rid of dead skin cells and restoring your epidermal cell count, will make your complexion look brighter and healthier. You’ll also feel more energetic throughout the day. Scrubbing away the impurities on your face with a loofah will leave you feeling refreshed and clean inside, leaving you with little to no acne to worry about.
You get other benefits from exfoliating and body scrubs and body polishes besides clearing up your acne. If you exfoliate regularly, you’re more likely to have healthy skin and reduce the risk of developing wrinkles. Using a loofah or exfoliating shower gel before bedtime is also a great way to soothe and relax your skin before bed. Finally, exfoliating and body scrubs and body polishes will make your skin look firmer and more toned, which can also help prevent cellulite.
You must choose the right body scrubs and body polishes to suit your skin type. Many body scrubs contain ingredients like glycolic acid and salicylic acid, which are good for clearing up blemishes and moisturizing the skin. Still, they may be too harsh for sensitive skin. To find the right body scrub and body polish for you, talk to a health care professional at a beauty salon.
You can also use the information you’ve read here to choose your own skincare routine if you don’t want to go to a salon. There are many recipes for body scrubs, and body polishes online, as well as in beauty magazines and books, so make a list of ingredients you want to include, and then research them to find out what each one does to improve the health of your skin.
Dry brushing is a great way to eliminate dead skin cells, unclog pores and even soften the face. You can buy body brushes in various styles and price ranges, so shop around to find the best deal. If you do use a body brush regularly, make sure it contains natural ingredients like aloe vera, shea butter, or jojoba oil, which are gentle on sensitive skin. If you’re prone to breakouts, choose a dry brushing cleanser that features salicylic acid, reducing inflammation and relieving irritation.
Last update on 2022-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API