Waxing is definitely one of the most popular hair removal methods out there. It’s fast, efficient, and can be done at home with the right products. However, one downside of waxing is that it can be quite painful, especially for sensitive areas like the bikini line even if it’s for a short while.
That’s where numbing creams comes in! Numbing cream helps to numb the area so that you don’t feel any pain when the wax is applied. Trust us, it makes a huge difference!
What are skin numbing products?
Skin numbing products are topical creams, gels, or sprays that contain pain-relieving ingredients like lidocaine or benzocaine. They work by temporarily numbing nerve endings so that you don’t feel as much pain when the hair is being removed, during a tattoo session or when getting a body piercing. They can also be used for medical procedures (before a minor surgery) or a cosmetic procedure such as laser hair removal and even relieve joint pain.
What numbing effects do they have?
Skin numbing creams can vary in terms of their potency. Some formulas are stronger than others, so it’s important to choose one that is right for you. They act as local anesthetics and work by blocking the nerve signals from sending pain signals to the brain. The numbing effects can last for a few hours, depending on the formula.
If you have never used a skin numbing cream before, we recommend starting with a lower concentration of lidocaine (4%). You can always increase the concentration if you find that you need more pain relief.
How to use numbing cream for waxing? It’s really simple! Just follow these steps:
1. Clean the area that you’ll be waxing with warm water and soap. This will help to open up the pores and make the hair removal process easier.
2. Apply a generous amount of numbing cream to the area and massage it in until it’s fully absorbed. Make sure to cover the entire area that you’ll be waxing.
3. Wait for the numbing cream to take effect. This usually takes about 20-30 minutes.
4. Proceed with your waxing routine as usual.
5. Remove any leftover numbing cream with warm water and soap.
One important thing to note is that you should always test the numbing cream on a small area of skin before using it on a larger area. This is to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients and to ensure that it actually works!
Now that you know how to use numbing cream for waxing, let’s take a look at some of the best products out there.
5 Best Numbing Cream for Waxing
1. Numb Master 5% Lidocaine Topical Numbing Cream
Numb Master is the best topical anesthetic on the market. Most doctors also recommend it. There is 5% lidocaine in Numb Master, which is the highest amount you can get without a prescription. If you’ve ever tried other numbing creams that didn’t work.
You should try numb Master because it’s one of the best. It takes 15 to 25 minutes for the local anesthetic to take effect and make the waxing area painless. In comparison to many other items, it is significantly faster.
Numb Master has a water-based equation that makes it easy to get into your skin quickly. As a result of its water base, it is non-oily and non-sticky, making it ideal for sensitive skin. If you have sensitive parts of your body, this is a good cream to use. It leaves a slight smell, but soapy water easily removes this.
Numb Master is an easy-to-use, over the counter numbing cream. If you want to use it, just wipe it on your body to make it work. Because of the small amount required per coating, it’s an affordable product.
Also, you can buy it online because you don’t need a prescription for it. Numb Master’s 5% combination of lidocaine is just at the FDA’s permitted level.
It has a position in the tattoo sector, even if it isn’t mainly promoted for tattoos. Tattoo artists appreciate this numbing tattoo creams non-oily quality and quick numbing ability. Cosmetologists also use it for cosmetic procedures like waxing.
The cream’s Vitamin E and aloe Vera also support healthy skin and healing. It comes highly recommended by doctors and is a go-to numbing cream. Its allergen-free and quick action properties make it ideal for use as a numbing gel before waxing. As a result, this is one of the best numbing creams available.
It’s one of the best tattoo numbing creams on the market and is also good for numbing before waxing.
- 5% TOPICAL LIDOCAINE PAIN RELIEF – Temporary numbing relief for pain, itching & discomfort, anorectal disorders, and anorectal inflammation.
- LONG LASTING & QUICK RELIEF - Numb effect kicks in after 5 minutes, peaks in 20-25 minutes, and lasts for 1 hour from its peak.
- NON-OILY & NON-GREASY - Water-based anesthetic for easy application and no mess removal.
- SAFE & GREAT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES - Doctor Recommended. Paraben-free, cruelty-free, pain-free.
- FORMULATED AND BOTTLED IN THE USA - cGMP Certified, Secured with Child-Resistant Cap, Heat Shrink Band, with Stable 2-Year Shelf Life.
2. Ebanel 5% Lidocaine Topical Numbing Cream Maximum Strength
Ebanel is a fantastic creation that has been created in a unique manner. They were able to put morphine inside a liposome. It absorbs faster into the skin because it is in a liposome.
The numbing action of this item starts within 2 – 3 minutes of use due to its rapid absorb speed. When you want to get the best results, you have to wait 20 to 25 minutes before you wax.
Numb 520 is a product that is easy to apply and remove. If you want to numb a part of your body, apply and let it do its work. You can clean up with soap and water afterward.
Also, this cream has a lot of herbs in it, like Vitamin E extracts, glyceryl, aloe Vera, and allantoin. It also has other things in it. It’s a great way to keep your skin moisturized, happy, and healthy.
Also, The FDA has approved Ebanel Numbing Cream for use in the United States. This oil-free cream prevents the needle from trying to penetrate the skin. Because this cream also helps with pain and burning, it is one of the things that makes it stand out. It’s also good to use after waxing because of these features.
It’s hard to argue with Ebanel Numb 520’s overall quality. Its formula makes sure that it doesn’t have a strong smell and is safe for people who are allergic to it. When it comes to numbing creams, this is one of the strongest numbing cream you can buy. Even online, it’s the most popular numbing cream for laser tattoo removal.
- 5% TOPICAL LIDOCAINE CREAM MAXIMUM STRENGTH - This numbing gel cream temporarily relieves pain, itching, soreness, burning, reduces swelling, and protects irritated skin
- FAST-ACTING & LONG-LASTING - This lidocaine gel cream begins numbing in 3-5 minutes; peaks after 20-25 minutes; lasts for 1 hour from its peak. Enhanced with Liposomal Technology
- EXTRA SOOTHING & HYDRATING FEATURES - Infused with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, this topical anesthetic numb cream soothes and protects the skin from irritations. Best for minor cuts, minor scrapes, minor burns, insect bites, anorectal disorders
- ODOR-FREE, OIL-FREE & NON-GREASY - Doctor recommended. Water-based skin numbing cream for easy application and no-mess removal
- MADE IN USA - Secured with Child-Resistant Cap, never tested on animals - Cruelty-Free, cGMP Certified, Hypoallergenic, no harsh chemicals, non-addictive. A performance test prior to treatment is highly recommended to assess your best performance timing
3. Base Labs 5% Lidocaine Numbing Cream for Tattoos, Piercings, Waxing
This Base Labs 5 percent Lidocaine Numbing Cream can help you have pain-free tattooing and waxing experience if you utilize it. It calms your skin to the point of absolute and complete numbness. Because there is 5% Lidocaine in your body, you won’t be able to feel pain at all even if your body hurts a lot. There are many other things in it, like Menthol and Aloe Vera, that help it work better.
If you don’t want to use numbing sprays that don’t work, numbing creams are a great option. Besides, they let you wax without pain. A quick response time separates it from the competitors.
You just apply more cream to the spot you intend to tattoo or wax and let it sit for a few minutes. It soaks in 15-30 minutes. When the cream gets into the skin, it stops the nerves, resulting in numbness.
We’ve told you about this Base Labs 5 percent Lidocaine Numbing Cream, and you should try it. It has proven to be a high-quality and fast-acting topical anesthetic cream. It’s also available in a gel version.
When you use it, you won’t feel a thing during your laser treatment. The brand claims their skin-numbing lidocaine cream works for 4 hours, which is incredible.
So, it’s suitable for both quick and lengthy hair removal operations. If you’re looking for an topical anesthetic that can also be used for wax removal, this brand has you covered. Make sure you apply the Base Labs to your skin before getting a new tattoo or waxing. This will make the applied area go numb in no time.
- ✨ NUMBING CREAM FOR TATTOOS & COSMETIC PROCEDURES - Our extra strength Numbing cream completely numbs the often unbearable pain of getting a tattoo! With Lidocaine 5% it contains the highest allowed amount in non-prescription topicals. Our Tattoo Numbing cream is best used for many cosmetic and medical procedures such as Piercings, Microneedling, Microblading, Lip Injections, Brazilian & Laser Hair Removal, Waxing, Dermal Fillers, Eyebrow, Electrolysis and Botox.
- 💁🏼♀️ PAIN FREE TATTOO NUMBING EFFECT - Our Topical Numbing Cream contains many natural ingredients such as hemp seed oil, chamomile, aloe vera and tea tree oil, which help excel the benefits of Lidocaine and care for your skin simultaneously. So whether you use a brazilian waxing kit for women, microblading kit, home waxing kit for women, microblading eyebrow kit, doing lip injections, botox or jelly waxing kit it will be a much more bearable procedure than without our cream!
- 🏎 FAST ACTING LOCAL ANESTHETIC - Our Maximum Strength Pain Relief Numbing Gel only takes 15-30 minutes to numb your skin! It should be part of every tattoo kit out there! Just apply the cream shortly before you’re ready for whatever treatment you’re getting! Tattoo Numbing Creams should be part of everyone's tattoo supplies and tattoo kits. After your treatment your practitioner can apply tattoo aftercare like tattoo goo or tattoo lotion without any problem as our cream is grease free!
- ⏳ EXTRA STRENGTH PAIN RELIEF - Our skin numbing cream works for up to 4 hours! It’s the ideal numb cream for tattoo & numbing cream for laser hair removal as you can use it for short and long sessions likewise. There’s no stronger Lidocaine numbing cream available OTC! Our topical numbing cream contains Lidocaine 5 percent and is the ideal lidocaine gel & topical lidocaine for tattoo numbing. Our numbing gel, wax numbing cream & piercing numbing cream will make many treatments much less painful!
- 🔒LIDOCAINE PAIN RELIEF CREAM - Extra Strength Topical Anesthetic Pain Relieving Cream which Reduces the pain and discomfort from Nerve Pain, Itching, Sutures, Burning, Minor Cuts, Soreness, Muscle/Joint Pain and bruises. Our Lidocaine Cream is so effective, we offer a Full Satisfaction Guarantee. If you're among those very few non-responders to Lidocaine and don’t feel the anticipated numbing effect of our cream, please reach out to us! We’ll issue you a FULL REFUND - no questions asked 🙋🏼♀️
4. Quick Numb 5% Lidocaine Topical Numbing Cream for Fast Pain Relief
Quick Numb is another water-based numbing cream that has been getting a lot of recognition. It’s made in the U.S. This product’s fast-acting nature is a significant factor in its popularity with many users.
The brand claims full impact on pain receptors in 20 minutes. Besides, this cream is famous because of its easy access.
It is important to note that Quick Numb is a non-oily, non-greasy cream. That will not interact with the tattooing process. Also, it starts working in about 20 minutes.
Even though many people claim they got better results after waiting a little longer. There are a number of various ways to apply different products.
In order to use Quick Numb, you should spread a thick coat on the zone you want to get numb. Then let it rest for about 20 to 25 minutes.
It’s a cGMP-approved 5% lidocaine solution that helps to reduce discomfort. If you want to get a smooth tattoo, it can help you do that. It’s the finest painkiller for tattoo artists and the most preferred.
Because it worked so well. Moreover, it contains active ingredients such as Aloe Vera and Vitamin E. So that you don’t have to worry about things like sore joints and muscles.
One of the best things about this cream is that it’s free of parabens, cruelty, and oil. So, you don’t have to worry about side effects or itchy skin. At the same time, it is most popular in the tattoo business. Quick Numb Skin Cream is also used for microblading and waxing.
- MAX STRENGTH 5% LIDOCAINE PAIN RELIEF – Effective OTC topical numbing cream for treatment and procedure.
- LONG LASTING & FAST ACTING - 20 minutes for numbing effect, lasts 1-2 hours with liposomal technology.
- NON-OILY & NON-GREASY - Water-based anesthetic for easy application and no mess removal.
- SAFE & GREAT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES - Doctor Recommended. Paraben-free, cruelty-free, pain-free.
- MADE IN USA - cGMP Certified, Secured with Child-Resistant Cap, Heat Shrink Band, Stable 2-Year Shelf Life.
5. Ink Scribd Tattoo Numbing Cream
This is another tremendous skin numbing cream that appears from Ink Scribd. It’s designed to help with pain throughout a tattoo session. If you want to get rid of hair or laser tattoos or micro-needles with the cream, you can do that.
As a result, it’s an excellent product that can numb and relieve pain at the same time. So you don’t get a bad tattoo and don’t have to deal with any pain at all!
You can get vitamin E and Emu Oil to help your skin heal and lessen the swelling. These compounds reduce pain sensation, promote healing, and speed up recovery. This numbing cream has 5% lidocaine in it, which makes the skin numb for longer. If you don’t have a prescription, you can get the cream without it.
If you use several topical numbing creams, they usually wear off in 30 minutes. On the other hand, this one can last up to two hours. Because of this, you can happily sit through a long tattooing session that lasts a long time.
It starts to work within 15-20 minutes due to its rapid absorption and speedy effect. The cream takes up to 20 minutes to work after application.
More: THE 5 BEST BODY SCRUBS
People who work as tattoo artists use the Ink Scribd numbing cream. It’s made to be quickly absorbed into the skin and only last long enough to get a tattoo. It has been created explicitly for tattooing situations. Because of this, the tattoo healing process is sped up, and the painless experience is also a given.
Also, there are many other things you can do with this numbing cream. Overall, this is one of the most effective tattoo numbing creams today.
- NUMBING POWERHOUSE. You're Getting The Most Painkilling Power Possible Without A Prescription. Your Skin Will Be Numb.
- BEST FOR TATTOOS. We added Emu Oil and Arnica to our formula, to give your skin a boost so it can heal faster. Emu oil is the most popular tattoo aftercare ingredient, and arnica helps heal fresh wounds. Take your skin healing to the next level, use Ink Scribd Premium Tattoo Aftercare Healing Balm Ointment.
- LONG LASTING. Many numbing creams wear off after about 20 minutes. Ours lasts up to 2 hours! No use feeling pain in the middle of a procedure. Get the numbing cream that works the entire time.
- FAST ABSORBTION. Starts working instantly, with full effects after 15-20 minutes. You don't want to have to wait 45 minutes for your lidocaine cream to take effect. Get the numbing cream that gets to work right away.
- GUARANTEED. If you don't see the results you expect from our numbing cream you have a whopping 365 days to return for a full refund. Buy with confidence.
What to Look for When Buying a Numbing Cream?
Now that you know the best skin numbing creams on the market, it’s time to talk about how to choose one. Because there are hundreds of numbing creams out there. And, if you don’t know what to look for, you might end up with one that doesn’t work well. So, here are some factors to keep in mind when shopping for a skin numbing cream:
1. The active ingredient
The most important thing in a skin numbing cream is the active ingredient. Lidocaine and benzocaine are the two most common active ingredients. But, there are other options as well.
You need to make sure that the active ingredient is FDA-approved. Because that means it’s safe and effective.
The numbing agents should be at least 4% (for benzocaine) or 5% (for lidocaine). Anything less than that is not going to work well.
2. The concentration of the active ingredient
The concentration of the active ingredient is also important. A higher concentration means a more potent cream. But, it also means that there’s a higher risk of side effects.
So, you need to find the right balance. A good rule of thumb is to start with a lower concentration and increase it if necessary.
3. Other ingredients
In addition to the active ingredient, you also need to look at the other active ingredients in the cream. You want a cream that’s free of harmful chemicals and fragrances. And, you want one that contains ingredients that will soothe and protect your skin.
4. The price
Of course, you also need to consider the price. Skin numbing creams can range in price from $10 to $100. But, you don’t necessarily need to spend a lot of money to get a good cream. Just make sure that you’re getting a quality product.
5. The brand
Finally, you also need to consider the brand. Some brands are better than others. And, some brands are more trusted than others. So, do your research and read online reviews before making your final decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a skin numbing cream make a difference?
Yes, numbing creams can make a big difference. If you’re getting a tattoo or waxing, they can help to reduce the pain. And, if you have sensitive skin, numbing creams can help to reduce the risk of irritation.
How long does it take for numbing creams to work?
It depends on the cream. Some creams start working in as little as 15 minutes. Others can take up to an hour to start working.
How long does the effect of skin numbing creams last?
Again, it depends on the cream. Some creams only last for an hour or two. Others can last for several hours.
Are there any side effects of using numbing creams?
The most common side effect is skin irritation. But, this is usually only a problem if you have sensitive skin. If you do experience irritation, just stop using the cream and it should go away within a few days. Only mild ones like tingling, mild swelling, and redness are to be expected. If you use too much cream, you can also experience some side effects.
Can I use topical anesthetics more than once?
Yes, you can use a numbing creams more than once. Just make sure to clean the area between uses.
Can a lidocaine cream create an allergic reaction?
Yes, they can. If you’re allergic to lidocaine or benzocaine, you shouldn’t use numbing creams that contains those ingredients. Allergic reactions can range from mild to severe. So, if you experience any symptoms, stop using the cream and see a doctor right away.
Is it safe to apply a numbing product on broken skin?
No, it’s not safe. A numbing product can increase the risk of infection. So, if you have any cuts or scrapes, make sure to cover them before applying the cream.
Can lidocaine treatments affect men’s fertility?
There’s no firm evidence to suggest that lidocaine treatments affect male or female fertility. But, if you’re concerned, you should talk
Can lidocaine skin creams be used during pregnancy?
Yes, they can. But, you should always talk to your healthcare provider before using any medication during pregnancy. A lidocaine skin cream can be a safe and effective way to relieve pain during pregnancy. But, it’s always best to get the okay from your doctor first.
There you have it! These are the best topical numbing creams for waxing on the market today. So, if you’re looking for a painless hair removal experience, one of these creams is sure to do the trick.
Just be sure to choose the right cream for your needs. And, follow the directions carefully to avoid any side effects.
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API