Because we’re going for dewy, not desert.
Thanks to puberty, hormonal imbalances, and temperatures significantly dropping during the winter months, we’ve all experienced a dry patch at some point or another.
Luckily, dehydrated skin is not a death sentence for our complexion. It can be remedied with the right moisturizing tools found amongst our skincare stash and makeup bag.
Lancôme Teint Idole Utra 24H Long Wear Foundation
Applying a thick layer of foundation over dry skin can be super uncomfortable, especially when there are no healing benefits for a comfortable wear.
Lancôme’s velvety soft mixture is made with eternal soft polymers for a soft wear with strong results. It provides medium to full coverage for up to 24 hours so you can conceal redness, enlarged pores, and shine.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Water Blend Face & Body Foundation
- Water Blend Face & Body Foundation
MAKE UP FOR EVER’s foundation puts an emphasis on moisture, focusing on providing buildable coverage with a dewy finish to trigger your complexion’s inner glow.
Made from 80% water and pro-vitamin B5, this blend will not only saturate the face with hydration, but it will also improve your complexion’s elasticity.
More: The Best Body Scrubs
SEPHORA COLLECTION Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation
- An airbrush foundation with an ultrafine mist for flawless makeup results at home. What it does: Blur imperfections seamlessly and control shine for up to 10 hours with this satin-finish foundation. The weightless, micro-fine pigments of InstaBlend technology ensure color lays down smooth and seamless, so you can build to your desired coverage level—from light to full—for a flawless look every time. Mineral-rich red algae extract protects the skin.
- This oil-free, extra fine mist is easy to apply, noncomedogenic, and dermatologist-tested.
- This product is not tested on animals
Reach supermodel status with Sephora’s airbrush technique.
It’s made with red algae extract to shield skin from environmental stressors (i.e., harsh winds, low temps) along with an InstaBlend technology derived from micro-fine pigments to form a soft-focus finish. Just mist on and look magnificent for up to 10 hours of wear.
Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation
If full coverage is your forte, look no further. Lock-It formulas are a light on the face, and a small pump can be spread around the entire complexion.
Infused with glycerin to provide extreme hydration, the semi-matte finish is set to last up to 24 hours.
Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte Dewy + Smooth Foundation
- Dewy and smooth foundation makeup with spf 18
- Hydrating foundation smoothes skin's texture
- Leaves a naturally luminous finish
- Moisturizing foundation ideal for normal to dry skin
Maybelline’s label spells it out for you: This foundation will fit your face.
They’re guaranteeing a dewy finish and smooth canvas in black and white right on the bottle, with a super lightweight formula. They will adjust to your personal tone and texture for a natural fit.
Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin
- OIL FREE FOUNDATION FOR NORMAL/DRY SKIN: Our cult-favorite, smooth, lightweight, liquid foundation is made to give your normal/dry skin a natural finish
- ALL DAY, LONG LASTING MAKEUP: Our 24-hour wear Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation won’t fade or transfer, and has an SPF 20 sun protection boost
- MEDIUM/BUILDABLE COVERAGE: Blend a small dab for medium coverage and a naturally flawless, smooth look. Build up for full coverage as desired
- 24 SHADES THAT FIT YOUR SKIN TONE: ColorStay liquid foundation offers 24 shades that fit all skin tones, including light, medium olive, deep, and dark skin. Use our shade finder to find the perfect match for your cool, warm, or natural skin tone
- LIVE BOLDLY WITH REVLON MAKEUP: Revlon has the high-quality, high-pigment, bold makeup you need to be yourself. Create any look—day to night, weekday to weekend—with our longwear color eyeshadows, eyeliners, matte or shiny lipsticks, and more
If you’re banking on coverage on a budget, Revlon Colorstay was made for dry skin (literally) for less money.
The brand patented its SoftFlex comfort technology to guarantee up to 16 hours of buildable medium to full coverage wear sans caking, fading, or dullness.
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation
- 12-hour liquid foundation formulated with Amazonian clay and non-chemical sunscreen filters.
- Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- Oil free makeup
Tarte’s fan-favorite foundation may not outwardly market that it’s for a certain kind of complexion. Still, if we’ve learned anything in the beauty realm, it’s to always pay attention to labels.
Amazonian Clay, the brand’s not-so-secret weapon to class-A cosmetics, is a skin-balancing ingredient that adjusts to your individual PH and aids all skin traumas.
Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation
- A hydrating, 12-hour wear foundation
- Leaves a flawless finish.
- The high pigment formula blends seamlessly, hiding even hard-to-cover imperfections.
- Provides long lasting full coverage for up to 12 hours
Prepping to be photo perfect all night long can be tiresome… Especially when dry skin’s got you camera-shy.
Laura Mercier’s Silk Crème cocktail features a silk protein blend, tea extract, and a generous helping of shea butter. They will aid hydration and nourish the skin for a natural finish so you’ll feel comfortable when it’s time for a close-up.
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
- Medium-to-full undetectable coverage
- Longwearing for 12 hours
- Hyaluronic filling spheres for a smoother, more youthful appearance
- Coconut water to aid in delicately replenishing skin’s moisture levels
If excess oils come and go like the tides, give Too Faced’s foundation a go. Born This Way accepts you for who you are and all your facial happenings.
Offering medium to full coverage, “skin-loving benefits,” and transparency to ensure a natural-looking finish. It was inspired by and aims to provide the ideals of waking up flawless.
Buying Guide for the Best Moisturizing Foundations
Choosing the best moisturizing foundations for dry skin is an important consideration for makeup artists to make. Dry skin types have a tendency to have more wrinkles than other skin types, which leads to the foundation being applied unevenly or even not at all.
The best way to combat the problem of wearing a foundation that just does not work is to be sure you buy the right one. The best moisturizing foundation for dry skin will contain ingredients that will not make your skin worse. A formula containing tiny amounts of the wrong things can leave your skin feeling greasy and shiny. To avoid these problems, look for a makeup artist with experience working with skin types like yours.
Moisturizing foundations offer the best option for those who want coverage without looking cakey or like a mask. It is the only method of covering up skin that will give you long-lasting, even natural-looking color. Dry skin tends to wrinkle more than oilier skin, so the key to effective coverage is light yet thick enough cream that will moisturize the skin while also setting it and making it look smooth and light.
For those with extremely sensitive skin, a moisturizing foundation should contain even oil-free and fragrance-free ingredients. If a product contains many fragrance ingredients or parabens, it may not be the best foundation for you. In fact, it may even be harmful. Foundation works by holding moisture in and providing a soft, even canvas on which to apply makeup.
There are two kinds of moisturizing foundations – oily and dry skin. Oily moisturizing foundations work well with oily skin types. Still, they may cause the skin to become oily later and be more prone to acne. The best moisturizing foundations are water-based. An oil-free foundation will leave the skin feeling as hydrated as it was when it was first applied. Those with extremely dry skin should avoid any moisturizing foundations that contain oil-based ingredients. They will also need to use a moisturizer after using the foundation.
In addition to foundations that are oil-free and have no oil-based ingredients, there are light moisturizers and cream foundations. A light cream will moisturize the skin while still providing medium coverage. This is a good option for those with very dry skin. Some of these light formulas can even make the skin look better without makeup. These can work well under makeup because they are lighter than some of the heavier creams and have more moisturizing properties.
Water-based makeup products are usually less expensive than oil-based makeup products. Still, they do not contain as many ingredients. Thus, they will typically require more frequent application than heavy cream-based makeup. The added moisturizing properties of water-based makeup can actually increase the amount of time it takes to apply the product.
Once a woman has found the correct type of foundation that makes her skin look her best, she can then choose a second, third, or fourth layer of makeup that will further define her skin tone and help her conceal any blemishes or imperfections.
Depending on where she wants to cover, she may want to consider using two different layers. For example, suppose she wants to hide blemishes from her nose. In that case, she could layer a concealer along the bridge of her nose and along her forehead. If she wants to add some definition to her lips, she could layer a sheer blush on top of her lip gloss.
The best foundations are not like traditional moisturizers. They provide long-lasting moisture, but they do so with an ingredient that helps protect against wrinkles. Makeup that contains the protein complex called hyaluronic acid, combined with the protein complex known as Matrixyl 3000, will make the user’s skin feel soft and smooth while providing the skin with the moisture necessary for collagen formation and skin elasticity.
Like this post? Check Out Others Here
Looking for the Best Products? Check out our Store
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API