If you’re sick and tired of using an old clunky traditional vacuum, it might be time to cut the cord and upgrade to a modern, cordless version. These high-tech cordless appliances are lighter and much easier to maneuver compared to their corded counterparts and look sleeker as well.
These innovative gadgets suck up the same amount of dirt and debris as traditional vacuums. Their compact and lightweight designs will help prevent excess wear and tear from occurring on your flooring.
While most cordless stick vacuums are designed to work on all surfaces, they are handy for cleaning hardwood floors. Like many other appliances, cordless stick vacuums can be a bit pricey.
From a cordless stick vacuum that is great at picking up pet hair to a super lightweight option to an ultra-quiet model, here are 7 cordless stick vacuums that shoppers say worked wonders in their homes.
Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum: Best Overall
Willing to spend a little more money to get a top-quality vacuum?
You can’t go wrong with this high-powered one from Dyson.
Its powerful suction will last for about 40 minutes on a full charge, or up to 25 minutes if you’re using the motorized floor tool attachment.
The on/off mechanism is a finger trigger, which allows you to start and stop the machine instantly. According to the company’s description, the vacuum has a HEPA filtration system that captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe.
Customers overwhelmingly love this lightweight (5.8 pounds) vacuum and say it’s worth the money. One even called it life-changing, noting how much dirt and dust it was able to pick up.
While some of the cordless stick vacuums are best for daily maintenance and quick pickups, this one seems to be much more than that, thanks to its powerful suction strength.
Some have had issues with the charge lasting less than desired, but most haven’t had any problems with that and would recommend it to others.
- Cord free. Hassle free. Powerful suction, refer user manual for instructions
- Up to 40 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Suction power (Max mode): 115 AW
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 30 minutes of fade free power with the soft roller cleaner head
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 8 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
More: The Best Robot Vacuums
Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Cordless Vac: Runner-Up, Best Overall
This vacuum from Hoover claims our top pick for customer satisfaction and sheer power and performance. The 18-volt lithium-ion battery is able to give the machine a big boost, even without being plugged into the wall.
You can use it on hardwood floors or carpet, plus it’s easy to switch settings — just one push of a button. The vacuum has Hoover’s famous Wind-Tunnel Technology, which lifts deep-down dirt from the carpet to hard floors.
Customers say the suction is great. One person said that even with multiple pets and plenty of mess around the home, the vacuum gets the job done.
Although you might want to pick up large pieces of trash before swiping it across the floor — they might clog the machine. However, one did say that even if it gets clogged, it’s a pretty easy fix. Also, people were pretty happy with the battery life.
Plus, there’s a handy fuel gauge on the handle that shows you how much battery life is left. The overall weight of this vacuum is about 10 pounds.
- CORDLESS: Delivers cord-free convenience with the removable and rechargeable ONEPWR 4.0 Ah MAX battery
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Tackle stubborn pet hair and dirt through out the home
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT : Weighs less than 9 lbs when you lift it, feels like 2 lbs when you recline it and start vacuuming(1)
- HOLDS 3X MORE DIRT AND PET HAIR: Larger dirt cup capacity than a stick vacuum for less trips to the trash can (2)
- PERFECT FOR CARPET AND HARDFLOOR: On/Off brushroll helps effortlessly transition from carpets to hard floors with the touch of a button
BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Cordless Vacuum: Best 2-in-1 Model
Want two vacuums in one? Here’s a great option! You not only can vacuum floors with the stick version, but it comes apart to create a hand vac that’s perfect for picking up smaller messes too.
Weighing nine pounds, the full vacuum has swivel steering so that you can get around furniture more easily.
The company says you’ll be able to vacuum up to 2,500 square feet on a full charge, so you won’t have to worry about recharging mid-clean. They also say that the strong suction will pick up dirt and debris in a single pass.
So, do the customers agree? Mostly, yes.
Many have praised the suction and said that this vacuum is totally worth the money. They also love how quickly the battery charges and the versatility of the hand vac.
Some things owners would change would be the size of the dust cup (bigger is always better) and the fact that it’s very loud when in use. But most people were happy with it and would recommend it to others.
- Versatile 2in1 vacuum for floor-to-ceiling cleaning. Grab+go with removable canister
- Dust compactor creates more space in the canister to hold more, so you empty less often
- SMARTECH features make cleaning easier: AUTOSENSE adjusts suction from bare floor to thick carpet; BATTERSENSE shows remaining battery; FILTERSENSE alerts to clean the filter
- High-performance, anti-allergen filter captures 99.99% of pet dander and dust particle
- 3in1 accessory tool: 6-inch nozzle, crevice tool, and upholstery brush + two extra accessories: long brush and nozzle/brush
More: The Best Stand Mixers
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum: Best Budget
If you are looking for a vacuum to pick up after a busy day at home, then this Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik is just the thing. Weighing in at less than 4 pounds, you can easily push this along the carpet in the living room and the tile in the kitchen to pick up life’s messes.
If you want to get in deep, say under the couch or on a windowsill, you can remove the handheld vacuum part for extra cleaning or use the included crevice tool.
Reviewers say this is easy to put together and great for everyday cleanups, though this doesn’t provide enough suction for more deep cleanings at home.
One reviewer even said this is a great vacuum for kids since it is lightweight and affordable, so you can put your kids to work!
- 3-IN-1: Simpli-Stik’s easily transforms to whatever you need: a stick vac, a hand vac, or an extended hand vac; Dirt cup capacity: 0.35 liters
- EASY TO USE: Take the chore out of cleaning with this lightweight, ready-when-you-are bagless stick vacuum cleaner – Even from right out of the box
- LIGHHTWEIGHT AND POWERFUL: Tidy up your hard floors and rugs with powerful straight suction. Tackle tight, hard to reach places with the hand vac on-board crevice tool combo
- GREAT FOR SMALL SPACES: The light, compact, and versatile vacuum design makes this great for dorms, apartments, and small spaces to store, use, and clean up easily
- RINSABLE FILTER: Keep your vacuum running stronger for longer with the easily accessed filter. Be sure to let the filter dry at least 24 hours before its next use
Weighing in about seven pounds, this powerful cordless stick vacuum is loved by many of its owners.
It’s got a two-speed brush roll that works well on carpet and bare floors, plus a high-capacity dust cup that’s easy to empty and clean. You can recharge the whole thing in about four hours, and it conveniently charges on a storage dock.
The company says it’s also great for picking up pet hair, so if you’ve got a furry family member, you should be set.
Those who have purchased it are mostly happy with the performance. One customer even went so far as to say the vacuum changed their life because of how quick and easy it makes the process of cleaning up the house.
It’s a great product to have on hand for upkeep, but if you have high pile carpets or wool area rugs, you might need a heavier-duty vacuum for deeper cleaning.
- Powerful suction for whole-home cleaning: dirt, debris, pet hair, and tough messes
- Self-cleaning brushroll with Dirt Engage technology allows nonstop removal of long hair and pet hair
- Dirt Engage technology delivers unbeatable cleaning performance on carpets and bare floors compared to all Shark cordless vacuums by removing deeply embedded debris on carpets and by directly engaging bare floors
- MultiFLEX technology allows you to bend the wand to easily reach under furniture and appliances, and store in closet.
- Up to 40 minutes of runtime in Standard mode, measured at the hand vacuum. Removable battery can be charged in or out of the unit
Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum: Best For Pet Hair
If you’ve got a pet at home, you know just how necessary a good vacuum is. From hair to litter, it seems like there’s always something that needs to be picked up.
A cordless stick vacuum is great for this because it’s easy to get out of storage, lightweight, and can get the job done fast. We recommend the Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum for homes with pets.
The five-pound machine can be used for up to 20 minutes on a full charge. It’s got a direct-drive cleaner head that pushes the bristles even deeper into the carpet to help remove more dirt.
There’s also a mini motorized tool that removes pet hair and ground-in dirt.
So, does it get the job done? Customers say yes! A majority of reviewers said that it’s got great suction and removes pet hair well.
They also enjoy the fact that you can hang the charger on the wall and store the vacuum on it for easy storage and to guarantee a full charge every time you take it out to use.
Just a warning, though: some have had issues with the battery not lasting long enough to clean their whole house, so if you’ve got a big space, this might not be for you. But if you want something quick, easy, and powerful, it comes highly recommended.
- 150% More Brush Bar Power
- Cord-free. Hassle-free.
- Up to 20 minutes of continuous suction. Trigger releases instantly. Battery power is only used for cleaning.
- The Direct-drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove even more dirt.
- Mini motorized tool removes pet hair and ground-in dirt.
More: Smart Bedroom Gadgets
Dirt Devil Reach Max Plus Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner: Best for Hard Floors
Looking for an inexpensive vacuum that can get the job done? Here’s a great option from Dirt Devil.
It weighs 6.4 pounds and is ideal for quick pickups on hard floors. This stick vacuum is the ideal companion for busy households that need to do a quick vacuum at the end of the day.
It has a 10 Amp motor that will suck up stuff like Cheerios and more without losing suction. An 11-inch cleaning path lets you clean up faster with its wide space.
A bagless disposal takes away the hassle of having to buy vacuum bags, while the one-touch removal ensures your hands stay away from the grime.
Reviewers say this has taken away the chore of nightly sweeping, and many say this can handle hardwood floors with ease.
A few mention this isn’t great with pet hair, so for those looking to clean up after their furry friend, they might want to opt for our pet hair pick below.
- CORDLESS: 24V Lithium battery with 20 minute run time, faster charging, and fade-free power
- SPIN4PRO PREMIUM BRUSHROLL: for powerful carpet & hard floor cleaning
- REMOVABLE HAND VAC: For cleaning stairs, small messes, cars, and other hard to reach places
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND STEERABLE: the swivel head makes this vacuum cleaner easy to manuever around and under furniture
- WHATS INCLUDED: crevice tool, powered cleaning wand, carpet nozzle and stair/upholstery tool
The Cordless Stick Vacuums is the perfect solution for a busy household. With an easily charged battery and powerful motor all-in-one compact, self-contained unit, the perfect size makes them the perfect solution for any busy household.
The Cordless Stick Vacuum run on batteries and do not require to be plugged in. They come in several sizes with many different features, each of which has a different purpose. The Best Cordless Stick Vacuums generally do not have dust bins but can be used to clean up after meals or just as a quick way to vacuum after meals.
Some models offer more than just a quick run time on the battery. Many of the Cordless Stick Vacuums have a dual-action power dial, which allows you to switch between a brush with high suction power levels and the power of the vibrating brush. This helps to keep the dirt and dust away from your carpets, which helps to extend the carpet’s life and save you some time at the end of the day when you have to vacuum. The Cordless Stick Vacuums generally have a long run time on a single battery. Still, there are several that are long-lasting even on just one battery charge.
To get the longest run time and lowest dust bin load, you should make sure that you clean your Best Cordless Stick Vacuum every few weeks to ensure maximum performance. You should empty the dust bin after each use, especially if you have pets. It is usually a good idea to empty the dust bin before you put your new vacuum into storage.
Cleaning your Cordless Stick Vacuums may seem like a tedious chore at first. Still, the benefits will be invaluable in the long run. For the price of a medium-sized vacuum, such as a Dirt Devil or a Bissell, you can get more than twice the cleaning power for less money, which equates to a great deal more convenience and comfort while vacuuming. You’ll have saved money on your electricity bill too!
Looking for the Best Products? Check out our Store
Like this post? Check Out Others Here
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API