If you are looking for the best carpet cleaner, then you are in the right place. Our list of the top 5 best carpet cleaners will help you to find the most suitable cleaner for your house. We have done a lot of research when writing this article and collected all the information about different types of carpet cleaners available in the market to provide our customers with the best possible list for them to choose from.
So, are you looking for a small carpet cleaner to use in your home? Do you want a special kind of dry carpet shampooer? Or do you need an upright vacuum cleaner for carpets too? Whatever your choice is, we got it covered here.
What are the Standards of Best Carpet Cleaners?
- They do not require much space for storage.
- Light-weight Best Carpet Cleaner Machines are loved by one and all.
- Almost every carpet cleaner can clean your upholstery, staircases, rugs, cushions, along with the carpets.
- The heating system in the carpets should let the carpet dry after the cleaning project is complete in less time.
- The water tanks should be separate from one another to avoid contamination of dirty and clean water while cleaning.
- Deep clean actions of the carpet cleaners make the tougher stains vanish when cleaned, and there are no spots on the carpet left of the dirt.
- The budgeted price is another cherry on the top. Who will not want to have some fun time rather than cleaning a carpet on holidays or amidst an emergency?
- As per the best carpet cleaners review report, the customers look for a carpet cleaner that can multi-task, be highly efficient, and can minimize their work.
What to look for in the Best Carpet Cleaner?
Best carpet cleaner machines are a boon in today’s fast-evolving world where people hardly have the time to relax. Customers have given amazing best carpet cleaners review where they have mentioned the lightweight machines are the best in the market providing maximum cleaning and taking less space in your house or office. Deep clean formulae used in these machines help the super cleaning of your carpet.
This efficacious machine is cost-effective and the best to clean your carpets and rugs. You have less time, you have pets, you have kids at home, and you have to deal with daily cleaning then, the carpet cleaners are a valuable option for you.
Clean carpet at home without any hassle and no frequent changes of water in the tanks. A carpet cleaner has all the utilities to clean the carpets as well as other objects. You can also consider cleaning your carpet at home with local carpet cleaners.
More: BEST ROBOT VACUUMS
Heavy machinery and heavy power consumption carpet cleaners should be avoided if you need them for your home. The most economical choice is the small-sized carpet cleaners as they do not burden your electricity bills. The long power cables give you access to clean your carpet in one go. The hard-to-reach areas and corners should be cleaned by a cleaner effectively.
5 Best Carpet Cleaners to Buy
1. Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner
When we talk about carpet cleaners, the first name that comes to mind is Bissell. The company has been manufacturing top-notch vacuum cleaners and carpet cleaners for years and is still producing high-quality products. The Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner is one of the most popular cleaners from their stable.
The cleaner has a powerful motor and comes with a large-capacity clean water tank and a dry tank to hold the dirty water. The unit includes four reusable cleaning cloths, which you can use for scrubbing out tough stains on your carpet by using the machine.
The water tanks can easily be detached, and you simply have to push a button to empty them when they are full. The rotating brushes make sure that your carpets get deep cleaned, and there is also a powerful suction system that works together with the rotating brush roll to remove dirt from the carpet fibers.
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets
- Outcleans the Leading Rental. Get professional grade cleaning results, Power Rating:12 amps
- XL DirtLifter PowerBrush. Eight rows of bristles penetrate carpet fibers to loosen and lift embedded dirt
- 9' Long Reach Hose & 6 inches Tough Stain Tool. Easily clean stairs, upholstery and hard-to-reach areas
- Use with BISSELL PRO MAX Clean with Protect Formula. Remove tough, ground-in dirt and stains
2. Bissell, 15651 ProHeat 2X Lift Off Pet Carpet Cleaner
The Bissell, 15651 ProHeat 2X Lift Off Pet Carpet Cleaner is another popular unit from Bissell. The cleaner has a lightweight design and can be used to clean different types of carpets, including low-pile carpeting, plush carpets as well as wool carpets. It comes with a large-capacity clean water tank and a removable heater which warms up the water to give you deep cleaning performance on your rugs.
The unit is one of the best carpet cleaners for pet hair. It has a special spot cleaning tool that works together with the rotating brushes of the cleaner to remove spots and stains from your carpets, including pet urine or food spills.
The cleaner has a low-profile design and is easy to move around. There are two tanks of the cleaner. One tank is for clean water, and another tank is for dirty water. Both the tanks can be easily detached so that you can empty them when they are full or clean them whenever required.
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Professional Style Results. Outcleans the leading rental machine.*
- Dual DirtLifter PowerBrush. Ten rows of bristles combined with powerful suction remove embedded dirt and stains.
- Two Machines in One. Full-size carpet cleaner and Lift-Off portable spot cleaner.
- Two Specialized Tools. 3" Tough Stain Tool & Spraying Crevice Tool remove tough messes from stairs, upholstery and hard-to-reach areas.
3. BISSELL SpotClean Pro Portable Carpet Cleaner with Antibacterial Formula, 3194
BISSELL SpotClean Pro Portable Carpet Cleaner with Antibacterial Formula is another good option if you are looking for a carpet cleaner. The unit has a compact design and weighs just around 13 pounds which makes it easy to carry the machine from one room to another.
The cleaner has a versatile rotating brush system which is not present in most carpet cleaners. The brush roll has a good rotating speed, and it helps you to remove tough stains from deep inside your carpets. The machine comes with a special kind of formula that kills the germs and bacteria present in dirty water tanks while cleaning the carpets.
The unit can easily be stored away anywhere in your house when it is not in use. The water tanks are removable, and you can easily empty them once they get full. It also has a power switch which makes it convenient for one-touch operation.
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Our Most Powerful Spot & Stain Cleaner. Works on carpet, stairs, upholstery, auto interiors, and more.
- Remove Stubborn Pet Stains & Embedded Dirt. Combines superior suction, scrubbing action and professional cleaning formula for your best cleaning results.
- Professional Style Results. Powerful, portable deep cleaner removes deep down dirt and stains.
- Tools & Formula Included. Includes a Deep Stain Tool, 3" Tough Stain Tool, plus two 8 oz. trial-size Formulas.
4. Bissell SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot and Stain Carpet Cleaner, 2694
Bissell SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot and Stain Carpet Cleaner 2694 is another good option if you are looking for a carpet cleaner. It has a compact design and detachable water tanks, making it easy to carry around the machine when it is not in use.
It has a powerful motor which helps the machine to deliver great performance. This model can clean stairs, upholstery, and car interiors, too, if required. The heatwave technology enables the water to remain at a consistent temperature during the entire cleaning process to kill germs effectively.
The water tanks are detachable, and they can be easily emptied when they are full. The cleaner weighs around 15 pounds, making it easy to carry the machine to different corners of your house. The self-cleaning brush roll can be activated at the touch of a button, ensuring that you do not have to spend too much time cleaning the machine after use.
- Tank capacity 37 ounce; Heatwave technology maintains consistent water temperature while cleaning
- 3 inch tough stain tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery and hard to reach places
- Deep reach tool removes embedded dirt and stains from the bottom up; Dirt tank capacity
- Self cleaning tool makes cleaning out the machine a breeze
- Removable water tanks for easy filling and emptying
5. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Commercial Carpet Cleaner
The Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 is one of our favorite carpet cleaners. It uses a deep cleaning system to clean your carpets effectively and efficiently without harming them at all. The powerful vacuum has a high suction rate that will pull out anything stuck in the carpet fibers, including pet hair, dust mites, allergens, and much more. This carpet cleaner has a multi-cyclonic system and four brush agitators for effective cleaning. It also comes with three Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaning Solution colors, including Fresh Scent, Peach, and Cherry scents to choose from.
The Mighty Pro X3 is an all-in-one carpet cleaner that uses hot water extraction to clean your carpets with steam. It can remove 90% of the water used to clean the carpets so that it dries up quickly after cleaning, making this carpet cleaner ideal for people who live in humid places.
The Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 is one of our best choices if you’re looking for the best carpet cleaner.
- ONE-PASS COMMERCIAL GRADE SYSTEM: Sprays, scrubs, and extracts embedded dirt, grime, filth, and odors with commercial-grade results
- SPRAY: Powerful jets inject carpet cleaner solution deep into carpet fibers to break down embedded dirt, grime, stains, odors and more
- SCRUB: Exclusive Triple Action Vibrating Brush scrubs all sides of each carpet fiber releasing embedded dirt, stains & odors that other deep cleaning machines miss.
- EXTRACT: Enhanced vacuum motor with professional grade suction power removes dirt, stains and odors and aids in faster drying times; Great for commercial, industrial, and home use.
- CRI GOLD RATED: Awarded gold rating by Carpet & Rug Institute for soil removal, water removal and gentleness on carpet.
Buying Guide for the Best Carpet Cleaners
It is important to buy a carpet cleaner that can easily clean your home without damaging it. What to look for in a carpet cleaner? If you were to ask this, we would answer that it depends on how often you use the cleaner and what purpose.
Here is a list of things you should consider before buying a carpet cleaner:
Size of the machine
Different types of cleaners have different size ranges. The smaller ones come with handheld parts, while some other machines are very big and bulky to carry around. You must know what type suits your need best. Small portable cleaners will do the trick for people who live alone, while if your home gets dirty all at once, you might want to go for a bigger version.
The capacity of the solution tank
If you are buying a carpet cleaner for your commercial use, then this is something you must consider before buying. The bigger the tank, the more solution or cleaning liquid can be stored inside it. This will help you refill the tank less often and clean it easily. Small capacity tanks are best suited for smaller households where people prefer to wash their carpets on their own.
More: BEST SMART THERMOSTAT
Size of brushes
Different machines come with different types of brushes that differ in size too. If you have pets at home, it is important to buy one with extra brush bristles to remove pet hair from long pile carpets.
Type of power source
Last but not least, you must know how your machine needs to be powered for it to function. Cables and wires can be quite frustrating sometimes as they limit the area of usage. If you have a large area to cover, then going for a cleaner with a cordless option would make sense.
Frequently Asked Questions
What benefits do I get from using a carpet cleaner?
Carpet cleaning is essential if you want to maintain the freshness and hygiene of your carpets for a longer time period. With regular usage, almost 90% of bacteria and germs are removed from the carpet fiber, making it suitable for healthy living. The natural shine on your carpet also gets restored with regular cleaning.
Which type of carpet cleaner is the most suitable for me?
There is not one single best model of carpet cleaner available. You must know your need and purpose before buying one. If you want to use it on smaller occasions, choosing an upright vacuum cleaner isn’t a bad idea, but if the machine needs to be used daily, it is better to opt for a portable cleaner without cords. You can also bump up your cleaning range by investing in a few extension rods.
Which are the best brands of carpet cleaners?
Hoover, Bissell, Hoover Commercial, and Rug Doctor are some of the brands that have been around for decades now. These models have proven their worth time and again due to their high-quality standards. Hoover has always topped our list with respect to reliability, while Rug Doctor is known for its variety of features on offer at very effective prices. A lot of other reputed brands are available on Amazon, too, that provide customers with the best experience possible when searching for new carpet cleaners.
What are the benefits of steam carpet cleaning?
Steam cleaners are also called hot water extraction machines. Using high pressured hot water, they clean the carpets deeply, making them free of dirt and stains in no time. The process is quite gentle on the fibers, so you won’t have to worry about ruining your carpet with a steam cleaner. All you need to do is plug it in and allow it to do its job while you relax at home or go out for work.
How do I choose a portable carpet cleaner?
Many factors decide which kind of portable vacuum cleaner will suit your needs best. For example, if you live alone, buying a handheld machine would be your best bet, but if there are pets at home, opting for one with extra bristles might be a better choice. You can also choose from cordless and corded machines depending on the area you live in and how often you would be using them.
What is the best cleaning solution for carpets?
The safest carpet cleaning method is to use water as almost all kinds of stains can be removed using just this simple solution. Adding some vinegar, salt, or baking soda will enhance its power further, thus making it possible for those difficult stains to come out. For those with allergies, feel free to go for hypoallergenic solutions as they are less likely to trigger any form of allergic reaction.
Is there any way I can clean my carpets myself and save money?
Most people don’t realize that professional companies that clean carpets don’t charge a lot of money for their services. If you are planning to get your carpets cleaned every six months, then you can simply buy a machine and do it on your own. You will save some bucks and be able to use the same carpet cleaner for any future needs.
What is the difference between shampooing and cleaning my carpets?
They both are techniques used to clean carpets, but they each have their own pros and cons. Shampooing helps in the deep cleansing of the carpet by removing embedded dirt. At the same time, vacuuming just takes away loose dust particles without getting rid of all germs and bacteria hiding within the fibers. Professionals usually advise people to shampoo their carpets every six months to keep them in great condition.
How often should I vacuum my carpets?
Vacuuming helps spread your carpet fibers, thus making it look attractive and very fresh. Vacuum cleaners are designed in such a way that they remove dust particles quickly without much effort. If you can do this once every three days, there won’t be any need to worry about bringing out professional carpet cleaners. You can use lightweight models or even steam cleaners for this purpose as they are quite effective at their job too.
What is the best way to clean pet stains off my carpet?
There isn’t anyone size fits all solution when it comes to something like pet stains on a carpet. In this case, the best thing you can do is to avoid making it a habit to allow your pets on the carpets as much as possible. If they have already started doing that, then use vinegar or baking soda mixed with water and apply that on the area from where they go to the bathroom at least once every day until all of them are gone.
Carpet cleaners come in all sorts of sizes, designs, and types. Make sure you understand your need before deciding on the type to buy. Always look for good warranty offers on your purchase so that any problems can be fixed promptly if they occur. Keep our list handy while shopping.
So, these are the top 5 best carpet cleaners available in the market. We have gathered all the information about different types of machines, so you don’t have to spend time going through many articles and reviews.
We hope this article was helpful for you and that you found the machine that suits your needs perfectly. Carpet cleaning can be quite tricky for some people as there are many things to consider before buying the machine. Hopefully, this list will help you pick out the best one.
Last update on 2022-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API