Don’t lose your chill over prohibitively expensive cold-brew prices!
As cold brew gets more and more popular, a lot of new machines are arriving on the market that promise optimal cold coffee beverages.
The process of making cold brew can be as easy as mixing ground coffee and water in a jar and straining it. Still, this technique’s popularity in cafes and homes has led to an increasing number of gadgets that claim to streamline the process.
Whip up your own each day for mere pennies, with the help of one of these top-rated (and completely analog!) cold-brew coffee makers.
OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Perforated Rainmaker evenly distributes water over coffee grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- Simple Brew Release switch controls filtration process with one flick
- Brews smooth, low acid concentrate for cold or hot coffee anytime
- Ultra fine, stainless steel mesh filter is reusable and easy to clean
- Borosilicate glass carafe includes measurement markings, pairs with stopper to keep coffee fresh in refrigerator
This cold brewer from OXO lets you brew up to 32 ounces of coffee on your countertop for 12 to 24 hours at a time, depending on your taste preference.
It works by adding coarse coffee grounds to the large handled chamber, then pouring water over the Rainmaker top. The water will drip down, evenly steeping the ground for your chosen length of time.
Finally, press the brew-release switch to fill the included borosilicate glass beaker with your cold-brew concentrate.
Users love the look of this smoky, tower-like device, but they do stress that the beans must be ground on the course side. Otherwise, the mesh metal filter can easily get clogged.
Cold Bruer Coffee Maker
- Cold Bruer makes up to 20 fl oz of cold brew in as little as four hours
- Set it up and let it go without the risk of over extraction. Start brewing before bed or work.
- With an adjustable valve you can experiment to make the perfect coffee for you.
- Cold Brew will last up to two weeks in the fridge!
This is a cold-brew coffee maker for the design-minded. Bruer’s brewer is comprised of a steeping system that stores ground coffee in the lower chamber and up to 20 fluid ounces of water up top.
Slowly, the water drips into the coffee, slowly steeping it to draw out the more nuanced flavors that full immersion can sometimes dilute.
Three to five hours later, you’ll have fresh coffee concentrate in the bottom carafe that you can doctor up however you see fit or seal it up tight to have a ready-made brew for the next few days.
More: The Best Stand Mixers
County Line Kitchen Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Easy to Use Cold Brew Maker: Simply add coffee, steep overnight, and enjoy fresh cold brew in the morning. Simple cleanup with dishwasher safe components.,
- Stainless Steel Filter: Constructed of high-quality mesh that prevents coffee grounds from entering the jar. heavy-duty filter is durable and long lasting creating perfect iced coffee for years to come.
- Easy Pour Dispenser, Leak-Proof Lid: Flip Cap Lid allows for easy brewing, pouring, and storage. Tight seal means your jar will never have a leak.
- Durable Mason Jar: Ball Mason Jars withstand rough handling and don't leach harmful chemicals.
- Multi-Use: Works great for tea and as an infuser. Brewer components are food-grade and BPA free.
There are a few cold-brew makers out there that feel like a master class in coffee brewing — and that’s completely fine for the connoisseurs!
If flavor nuances don’t matter quite as much to you, like the ease of use, then check out this crowd favorite.
This set includes a 2-quart Mason jar, a stainless-steel mesh filter, a silicone gasket, and a screw-top lid.
Just fill-up the filter inside of the jar with ground coffee, pour water over it, seal up the jar tightly, and let it chill overnight for an end result that’ll taste just as delicious as cafe-brewed.
More: The Best Robot Vacuums
Asobu Coldbrew Portable Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- INNOVATIVE- Asobu Coldbrew Insulated Portable 40 oz Brewer is first of its kind in the cold brew market with a worldwide patent. Forget about diluted, bitter, and acidic standard ice coffee were talking about getting that amazing freshly brewed coffee every morning with your Asobu Coldbrew maker
- PORTABLE- The coffee maker comes along with an easy take on the go spill proof stainless steel 18/8 mug so you can enjoy your cold brew at home, in the office, park or on the road
- HASSLE FREE- Use your standard medium course coffee grind and with our fine mesh you don’t need to worry about having granules in your cup. Simply fill the mesh with 1.3 ounce of coffee pour cold filtered coffee in a circular motion three times and leave it to steep for 12 or more hours.
- FRESH AND COLD- Our airtight and leak proof lid keeps your coffee securely where it belongs while the double walled copper vacuum insulated construction ensure fresh ice cold coffee for hours. So once the coffee is brewed it easily gets released into the on the go mug and your coffee stays fresh and cold for up to 24 hours
- SAFE AND PRACTICAL- 100% Bpa free FDA and SGS and prop 65 approved and easily handed cleaned so your brewer will last a lifetime!
The Asobu cold brewer gets extra points for portability.
Most of the picks on this list have a cap included with the carafe, so you can store the coffee concentrate in the fridge, but this one twists on tightly, letting you take the double-walled stainless-steel mug along with you on your travels!
Fill the mesh sieve inside of the top chamber with ground coffee, and then fill to capacity with water. Let it brew for up to 18 hours, then hit the release button when the coffee concentrate is ready. Just add a few ice cubes, water, or milk of your choice to take the liter to go!
The only major drawbacks are that the mug isn’t see-through, so at-home-only brewers may want to opt for a different model. The mug is also slightly too big to fit into a cup holder. The device is also available in a black, copper, silver, or white finish.
More: The Best Water Bottles
Takeya Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Maker
- The Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a durable BPA-Free Tritan pitcher with an airtight lid and non-slip silicone handle. It produces 4 servings of smooth cold brew with any type of coffee grounds and is less acidic than traditional coffee brewing
- THE FINE-MESH COFFEE FILTER in this cold brew coffee maker keeps grounds out of your freshly brewed pot - differing from other coffee machines. Tritan plastic withstands hot temperatures if you want a hot cup of coffee. Fits in most refrigerator doors.
- PREMIUM BOTTLES AND LIDS: Our innovative line of insulated hydration solutions come in a range of sizes. We offer water bottles in 18, 24, 32, 40, and 64 oz sizes, beverage makers and pitchers in 1 Qt and 2 Qt sizes.
- BPA FREE HYDRATION SOLUTIONS: From insulated stainless steel water bottles to beverage makers and pitchers, as well as a variety of product accessories, Takeya USA products help you stay cool, refreshed and hydrated for an active, on-the-go lifestyle.
- INNOVATIVE HYDRATION SOLUTIONS: Takeya brings over 55 years of Japanese design heritage to our line of insulated, BPA-free water bottles & our sustainable iced tea, fruit infusion, & cold brew pitchers.
For the single, sporadic cold-brew drinker, super-sized devices may not make the most sense.
This coffee maker brews up just four servings (or 1 quart) of coffee concentrate in 12 hours, and it’s the smallest and most budget-friendly pick on our list. That means you’ll have cash left over to splurge on a nice travel mug to sip it from!
More: Best Coolers
Toddy Cold Brew System
- Patented cold brew system uses regular coffee beans to create incredibly smooth coffee concentrate with 67% less acid than coffee made with hot brew methods, it's easier on sensitive stomachs and all with no electricity required
- Get more out of your coffee grounds, as the coffee concentrate stays fresh for up to 2 weeks with no change to the flavor
- Also ideal for making tea, served hot or cold
- Toddy Cold Brew System comes factory sealed. Additional items in bundle are packed externally
- Extra Toddy Filter (2-pack) and Toddy Silicone Stopper (2-pack) are individually packaged
The Toddy is another well-known cold-brew maker, though its white plastic build is probably not the most eye-catching. It’s a model that’s been around since the ’60s, producing high-quality concentrate with a bold flavor, without any of the bitterness.
Pour water over your coffee beans to let them steep, and slowly drip the concentrate down to the glass carafe below.
The proprietary filter at the bottom of the steeping device sets this one apart — it’s made of a felt-like fiber, as opposed to just using stainless-steel mesh or a paper filter, which aren’t always sediment-proof. And yes, filter refills are available.
More: Smart Bedroom Gadgets
KitchenAid KCM4212SX Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Included components: Coffee maker, Lid, Steeper
Got a full house of cold-brew fanatics? Go super-sized with this analog coffee maker.
It makes about 14 servings (or 28 ounces) of coffee concentrate, and the unit sits unobtrusively in your fridge, without any risk of knocking it over.
Users note that the stainless steel mesh filter is incredibly fine and superior to other filters on the market — virtually no sediment gets through.
Ovalware Airtight Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker
- ➤ HEALTHIER & SMOOTHER COFFEE, NOW BIGGER AND BETTER – Cold brewing is 70% less acidic than hot brewing. And richer in taste. Our cold brewer extracts coffee concentrate which can be stored and mixed with an endless variety of beverages to create your own perfect, personal cup of joy. Now 1.5x bigger than the original, get ready for more coffee! Recommended grind size: Coarse
- ➤ LOCKS IN FRESHNESS AND FLAVOR FOR UP TO 2 WEEKS – Airtight seal. Easy-access handle. Engineered to perfectly fit within your fridge shelf. Experience refined craftsmanship you can always count on
- ➤ QUALITY YOU WON’T REGRET – 18/8 rust-free superfine laser cut filter, medical-grade stainless steel filter & lid cap. Extra-thick, lab-tested borosilicate glass. BPA-Free silicon airtight seal. Dishwasher safe. New upgrade: Non-slip rubber cushion base for extra protection. Professional home brewing has never been this easy: just mix and pour
- ➤ ICED AND HOT TEA COMPATIBLE – Great for loose-leaf tea. Or tea bags. Brew it hot like a traditional teapot, or brew it cold in the fridge. Take your brewing & hosting skills to the next level
- ➤ SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – We are dedicated to enriching your homemade coffee experience. We take great joy and pride in the quality of our products – which is why we offer a Risk-Free Purchase. In the unlikely event our product fails to meet or exceed your expectations, you are free to return the product within the first 30 Days post-purchase for a FULL refund
Whether you’re whipping up a cold brew or sweet tea, this set makes the process nearly foolproof.
Comprised of just three pieces — the carafe, the mesh filter, and the airtight cap — it produces up to four servings at once, and the undiluted concentrate can be sealed for up to two weeks.
Plus, the pitcher shape makes for drip-free pouring!
Buying Guide – Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers
A true cup of coffee, known as drip coffee, can be enjoyed anywhere, anytime, and the very best part is that cold brew coffee will never spoil or go bad. Most coffee lovers have their personal favorite brewing process.
Many enjoy experimenting with different flavors by using different coffee brewing machines. However, it may come as a surprise to learn that cold brew coffee is actually an original method of brewing coffee that originated in Europe many years ago. The warm brewing process used by many coffee lovers worldwide simply doesn’t have the robust flavor or depth of flavor available with cold water alone.
The original French method involved boiling the coffee in wine barrels, then filtering the mixture through paper filter baskets to remove the sediment. The final coffee cup was often strong and bitter-tasting, something that the French were more than willing to tolerate for the richness of the taste and the rich complexity of the flavor.
Nowadays, the brewing process has been duplicated and incorporated into automatic drip coffee makers, giving these machines the ability to produce coffee that is close to the original French preparation. The favorite drink can now be created using items ranging from a standard Cuisinart automatic coffee maker to a French Press. Both of these techniques involve brewing liquid through the use of a filter basket and hot water, often over the course of several days.
The process used in producing this Java cup via a drip cold brew process remains essentially the same. However, the vessel in which the liquid is poured or stirred will vary. In the initial French Press process, the coffee is mixed with a small amount of coarsely ground coffee and placed into the filter basket. When brewing is complete, the coffee grounds are allowed to become sediment within the basket, which in turn creates the coffee brew.
This process allows coffee enthusiasts to enjoy a stronger cup of coffee. However, the smaller-sized pots, pans, and mugs used in brewing still require a little bit of stirring to ensure that the coffee brew is consistent.
Cold brew coffee makers and French presses alike differ primarily in terms of their appearance and operational style. Cold-brew brewers and presses typically come in one size, fit the bill for both small home operations and commercial applications, and are easy to clean and maintain.
These models also have fewer parts and require fewer repairs, which may be a factor for some users. On the other hand, the French presses are typically large metal devices that are difficult to clean and maintain and may require occasional replacement of parts.
Other factors must be considered when choosing between a standard coffee maker and a cold brew maker or immersion cold brew maker. A standard coffee maker is likely to provide you with your daily cup of Joe. Still, if you are a coffee drinker, you likely associate coffees of different varieties with different people, different times, and different tastes.
For instance, some people may like their coffee strong, while others may find dark roasting their brews to their liking more satisfying than light roasting. Some people may even prefer their coffee bitter, while others enjoy it lightly. As you may have guessed, each of these preferences is dependent on individual preferences, which is why so many coffee lovers choose to have their coffee brewed differently from day to day based on their personal preferences and habits.
Also, a cold brew coffee maker can make a quick coffee cup, as it uses hot water to create hot water under pressure, rather than the use of hot water leaving pressure in the pot or pan. This method results in a quicker brewing time and more flavorful coffee, as the coffee is extracted quickly. However, there is a downside to having your coffee made this way, as the end result may not be as rich in flavor as if you had your water heated up to a higher temperature before brewing your coffee.
Looking for the Best Products? Check out our Store
Like this post? Check Out Others Here
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API