Looking for smart bedroom gadgets? Filling your home with some of the best smart home techs can make your day-to-day routine easier and more efficient.
Still, while there are lots of smart tech options for the living room, kitchen, and general home, we don’t often think about how smart home tech can enhance the bedroom.
From smart alarm clocks to sleep trackers, there are many smart home tools designed to help you climb into bed at night, monitor your sleep, and then wake up in the morning.
What on earth, other than lighting, can be usefully smart in a bedroom? Well, there are all sorts of gadgets that will make life easier… and also help you sleep better, too.
We’ve picked out 8 smart bedroom gadgets we think can be genuinely useful, rather than just gimmicky.
1. Best smart alarm clock: Amazon Echo Spot
When it comes to our pick of the best smart bedroom gadgets, first up is an alarm clock.
The Amazon Echo Spot isn’t your old-fashioned alarm clock but one of the most recent additions to the Amazon Echo speaker lineup. It’ll sit flawlessly on your bedside table, ready to wake you up in the morning. But what makes it so special?
Complete with voice activation, it’s now possible to use your voice to ask Alexa to set your alarms in the morning (see our Amazon Alexa review for more info) – and perhaps more importantly, snoozing the alarm too.
Handy display screen
The Amazon Echo dot also offers a bright, clear 2.5-inch display that gives you the time as well as handy messages and the weather for today. The benefit of this? You can plan your outfit and journey to work appropriately.
In addition to fulfilling the role of a more traditional alarm clock, this model also allows users to play music or audiobooks while going to sleep, plus it has all of the other Amazon Alexa functionality of other smart speakers too.
You could order a pizza using your voice directly from your bed with the Domino’s app, or you could connect this up, so it can control other smart gadgets around your home.
That means if you have Philips Hue lighting in your bedroom, you can easily snuggle up in bed and use your voice to turn them off when you’re ready to get to sleep.
A choice of 100 different alarms
You can’t currently use music to wake up in the morning with the Echo Spot – something we hope Amazon will sort in the future – but you can set up to 100 different alarms, so it’s nice and easy to have this set-up on your bedside to wake you at different times on the weekend to your average workday.
To compare all your options, browse our pick of the best alarm clocks currently available. Then, browse the rest of the Amazon Echo range on Amazon.
- Meet Echo Dot - Our most popular smart speaker with a fabric design. It is our most compact smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces.
- Improved speaker quality - Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo sound.
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices. Create routines to start and end your day.
More: The Best Wake Up Lights
2. Best smart lightbulb kit: Philips Hue Starter Kit
Smart lightbulbs are perfect for *ahem* setting the mood in the bedroom, and, in our opinion, it doesn’t get better than the Philips Hue Starter Kit.
Adjust warmth and brightness to suit your mood
The two white bulbs – which come as part of the starter kit – can be set to any warmth level and any brightness between ‘hygge’ and ‘interrogation room’ (slightly less appealing) for maximum versatility. At the same time, the hub allows you to connect and customize a further 48 lights.
As with all Philips Hue products, the app shines just as brightly as the bulbs, letting you set your lights to do things like turn on when you step through the door after work.
Smart system compatibility
It is compatible with several voice assistants, including Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, Nest, and many more.
- Limitless Possibilities: The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance 2 Pack Smart Bulb Kit lets you choose from 16 million Colors and shades of White to turn Your everyday Lighting into an extraordinary Experience; These Color lights are Controlled remotely with Your Smartphone or Tablet, create custom scenes and unleash Your creativity; This is the Perfect way to personalize Your Smart Home
- Voice Activated: Works with Alexa for Voice Control (Smart hub required and Included, Alexa device sold separately)
- Lasts A Lifetime: Lasts 25,000 hours or 23 years with normal use; To install, simply screw in the Smart bulbs into Your desired Smart Lighting location, download the hue Mobile app and pair Your Smart hub; Control Smart bulb equipped lamps and overhead Smart lights via the Philips hue app; Ideal for Your favorite Ceiling Fan lights, floor lamps, table lamps, Pendant lights, and more throughout Your Smart Home
- Expand Your Smart Home : Easily expand Your Smart Lighting system with alexa Enabled accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor
- Complete Package : Comes with 2 Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 60W Energy Star Certified LED Smart Bulbs (able to fit most lamps, overhead lights, and 4 inch recessed cans), Philips hue hub and three year Warranty for the Ultimate Philips Hue Smart Lighting Experience
More: The Best Bed Pillows
3. Best bedroom fan: Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link
Sleeping at night in the boiling heat is unbearable for most people, which is why we’d recommend a fan as another of our top smart bedroom gadgets. Don’t just buy any fan, though – this Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link connects to your phone, so you can control it without having to leave your bed.
Thanks to smart connectivity, it’s possible to turn your fan on via your smartphone and arrive at a perfectly chilled home. The perfect remedy to a sticky commute, we think.
Heat and cool your room
This model can also be used to heat up your room during the cold season, so you don’t have to worry about
Perhaps the best feature of this product, though, is that it’s also an air purifier, and it will intelligently remove 99.97 percent of allergens and pollutants in your home’s air.
That means if you have hay-fever or asthma, you can monitor the air quality and be sure there’s a comfortable environment before you get home.
- Triple Functionality: Purifies year-round, cooling fan in summer and powerful heater in winter. Now works with Amazon Alexa
- HEPA filter removes 99.97% of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns including pollen, dust, mold spores, bacteria and pet dander. Second filter layer with active carbon captures household odors and volatile organic compounds such as paint fumes
- Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly and awarded the Quietmark accreditation
- Automatically monitors and reacts. Dyson Link app provides real-time air quality reports and allows you to remotely control your machine from your smartphone – standard data and messaging rates may apply
- Has auto mode, sleep timer, night-time mode and easy to clean. With no fast-spinning blades it’s safe for little fingers or paws
More: The Best Silk Sheets
4. Best smart scales: Withings Body scale
While you may not need smart scales to monitor your weight, they can help you to track your overall health and can make the whole process of weigh-in day a little easier. This is why they’re another of our top smart bedroom tech ideas.
Our top pick is the Withings Body Scale, here’s why:
Connect to Withings Health Mate
This handy smart scale cleverly connects to the Withings Health Mate app, which stores your weight and other data, making tracking progress easier and more efficient.
It’s even possible to introduce your whole family to the scales, as this smart scale is equipped to work out who is standing on them each time, plus the little display will then show you your weight, the trend of your weight (whether it’s gone up or down) as well as your BMI (and then it’ll show what the weather will be like today).
You can buy more expensive scales in the Withings range and other choices from Fitbit and Garmin. Still, we don’t think the extra features are particularly useful enough to get, so we’d recommend sticking with the Withings Body.
- #1 SELLING SMART SCALE IN THE US
- FULL BODY COMPOSITION - Monitors weight (kg, lb, st), body fat & Water %, plus muscle & bone mass. Accurate weight measurement to 100 g
- HIGHLY COMPATIBLE - This smart scale syncs with apple watch plus more than 100 top health and fitness apps including Apple health, Fitbit and Google fit.
- AUTOMATIC SYNCHRONIZATION - Data from every weigh-in appears automatically via Wi-Fi in the free health Mate app. Power supply: 4x 1.5V Alkaline cells (AAA) - Average battery lifetime of 18 months
- ACCURATE BY DESIGN - Wi-Fi ensures that your measurement is accurate anywhere in the world, and position control technology guides you into the correct stance so that each weigh-in is precise.
More: How to buy a mattress
5. Best smart bedside table: Brightech Owen Side Table
If you have any gadgets that charge wirelessly, you should consider picking up an Brightech Owen Bedside Table. It will help you limit the number of wires scattered over your bedside at night. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
Qi wireless charging tech
Phones such as the iPhone 12, iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy S21, and many more come with built-in compatible Qi wireless charging tech, meaning you can just place your phone down on the plus symbol on the top of the table. It’ll start pumping up the battery without you having to plug it in.
If your phone doesn’t support Qi, some major models have wireless charging cases that you can use.
Plus, it’s an attractive-looking bedside table that offers lots of space and is sure to fit in with your décor if you have other wooden furniture.
Factors worth considering
The technology isn’t particularly quick yet, but when you’re charging overnight, and you don’t have to physically plug your phone into a cable, it feels like you’re living in the future.
- COMBINATION END TABLE WITH BUILT IN LAMP, PLUS WIRELESS CHARGING STATION & USB PORT: Never knock this contemporary lamp off your bedroom end table - you can't with the Owen, it's attached. It also has a USB port, a built in Qi Standard wireless charging pad, and an outlet so that you can charge your mobile devices, including laptops, easily and conveniently. Please refer to your device's manual if you are unsure whether it charges wirelessly.
- WOOD SHELF NIGHT STAND MATCHES MID CENTURY MODERN & OTHER DECOR: The Owen standing lamp & table has great looks. With its wooden body and white accents, plus warm white light, the Owen pairs easily with a range of bedroom, living room and even office decor, including contemporary, mid century modern, rustic, farmhouse and western. Create a lovely, welcoming atmosphere in your space!
- ALEXA COMPATIBLE, ATTACHED SWING ARM LIGHT & SMALL TABLE GREAT FOR NARROW SPACES: The Brightech Owen works with smart outlets that are Alexa, Google Home Assistant, or Apple HomeKit enabled, to turn on/off. (Requires smart outlet sold separately.) Move the light around with the swing arm, for your convenience. The small size (18.5" diameter) is great in tight spaces ex: narrow guest bedrooms, hallways, small offices etc.
- 20 YEAR LIFE WARM WHITE LED BULB INCLUDED: This Brightech table and lamp combination includes an LED bulb rated to last 20,000 hours, which works out to a 20 year life with normal use (about 3 hours / day). You never have to replace a bulb and save 90% on your electric bill in comparison incandescent bulbs, because LED doesn't waste lots of energy by producing heat. This also avoids accidental burns if you touch the light.
- BRIGHTECH'S 3 YEAR PRODUCT WARRANTY: We proudly stand behind all of our products 100% and offer a full 3 year warranty. This will cover if the product stops working within 3 years or if there are any defects within those 3 years.
6. Best sleep tracker: Withings Sleep
If you own a fitness tracker or smartwatch, you can usually use these devices to track the quality of your sleep.
But, if you don’t want an annoying gadget strapped to your wrist while you toss and turn, you can always opt for a different type of sleep tracker. Perfect for those interested in optimizing sleep, it’s another of our top smart bedroom tech ideas: Withings Sleep. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
Uninterrupted sleep tracking
Designed with a long thin pad that plugs into the wall for power and then slides underneath your mattress where you’d normally place your chest at night, this sleep tracker will monitor you throughout the night without disturbing your sleep.
As long as you sleep on top of it, the Nokia Sleep will be able to track your night’s quality, including your heart rate throughout, when you’ve been in different levels of sleep (like REM or deep sleep), as well as how much you’ve been snoring.
All of that data is then pinged through Wi-Fi to your phone, and you’ll then be able to break down your night’s sleep within the Withings Health Mate app that’s available for Android and iOS phones.
It only works for one person in your bed, but being able to track your stats without an annoying fitness tracker on your wrist is a big benefit for some.
- MONITOR YOUR SLEEP - Delivers sleep cycles, tracks heart rate, detects snoring and breathing disturbances. Algorithms used to analyze the data have been validated with a team of sleep experts
- BREATHING DISTURBANCES - Detect sleep pattern interruptions which can impair the restorativeness of your sleep
- LEARN WHAT MATTERS - Wake to a daily Sleep Score to understand what makes a good night's sleep and how you can improve
- ENHANCE SLEEP ENVIRONMENT - Sleep is a sensor that can act as a switch to control lights, the thermostat, and more
More: The Best Robot Vacuums
7. Best smart baby monitor: Arlo Baby Monitor
An essential for parents, or parents to be, the Arlo Baby Monitor is the best smart baby monitor currently available. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
Get notifications straight to your smartphone
When shopping for a baby monitor, safety is paramount. A step-up from simply being able to see or hear your baby, this model sends notifications directly to your smartphone if it registers motion or changes in sound or temperature.
Thanks to handy, built-in, near-invisible infrared LEDs, you can see your baby clearly in the dark, meaning you won’t have to worry about poor picture quality as soon as the sun goes down.
In addition to the standard features described above, this model also offers a multi-colored night light option, a music player, temperature display, humidity display, and VOC air sensors.
All of which can help soothe you downstairs, and some of which will soothe your little one back to sleep.
- High definition video - Watch your baby in clear 1080p HD video.
- Night vision - See your baby’s every move, even in the dark.
- 2-way talk - Listen in & talk to your baby, straight from your smartphone.
- Music player - Soothe your baby to sleep each night with built-in lullabies.
- Air sensor - Monitor your nursery’s air condition, including temperature & humidity.
Like this post? Check Out Others Here
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API