Have you ever experienced the fine spray from outdoor misting fans while walking around a theme park or dining al fresco at a high-end restaurant? Did you wonder how you could replicate it in your own backyard?
Misting fans are an easy way to keep cool on those hot summer days because they work by spraying a fine mist in the air, cooling you off, and preventing your sweat from evaporating before it can do its job of keeping you comfortable.
Before you buy an outdoor misting fan, be wise and consider the following three factors:
Type of the fan: Misting fans are perfect for all sorts of situations. Standalone misting fans can be used anywhere, but if you’re worried about permanence or want to cool a smaller area, better than the standalone option is best. Wall mount and compact models allow you to position your fan in any location near an outlet.
Speed and Angles: You’ll want to look at power and speed, as well as the ability to alter between speeds and different angles of rotation. Standalone fans typically come with variable-speed options and more varied abilities like rotating from side to side or swinging back on forth;
However compact mister systems don’t have these capabilities unless they’re included in their design features – so you may find yourself looking into standalone designs if you need that wide range of actions possible without taking up too much space!
Size of the fan: You’ll need to consider where and why you will be using the fan before making your selection. For big gatherings or large halls, a larger-sized fan is needed. Still, it’s either one of two options for smaller rooms: small-sized standalone fans or compact ones that are easy to carry around with ease.
Top 5 Best Outdoor Misting Fans
RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Bucket Top Misting Fan Kit
- Cordless/portable misting fan powered by a RYOBI 18-Volt Battery
- Hi/Lo switch for adjustable fan and misting control
- Dual-purpose foot design provides multiple options for users
- Quiet pump performance for low sound operation
- Up to 3.5 hours of runtime using the included battery
The RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Bucket Top Misting Fan is portable enough to sit on a five-gallon bucket or be attached by a garden hose. This misting fan also features two switches for adjusting the speed and water flow, as well as an included lithium-ion battery with its six-hour charger.
This portable misting fan offers an adjustable fan head with two separate high/low switches to adjust both the speed of the air being pushed through and how much water is released. The 1.3 amp lithium-ion battery comes equipped along with its six-hour charger, so you’ll never have too long without cooling off again!
The rechargeable fan is a technological marvel for both indoor and outdoor use. Compact, handy, with an integrated carry handle?
The eight adjustable impeller positions will change the direction of airflow to cover any area desired! And don’t forget about all those mounting options that allow you to expand your reach even further. You’ll be able to operate this bad boy for 18 hours straight without needing new batteries, thanks to its 2100 rpm capabilities.
More: Best Coolers
Lasko 7050 Misto Outdoor Misting Fan
- Reduces air temperature up to 25 degrees
- Ideal for picnics, decks, patios, sorts and DIY projects
- 90 Degree pivot directs mist flow
- Automatic louvers create wide sweep
- Three refreshing speeds
The Misto outdoor misting fan is the perfect solution for your hot days. Well, not just that: it will also keep you cool during those chilly summer nights as well. The sleek design and compact size are ideal for any space, whether you have a small apartment patio or an expansive garden deck. It’s easy to move from one location to another with its convenient carry handle too.
Just because this fan is small doesn’t mean that it isn’t powerful or efficient either! The mighty blowers combined with three misting nozzles are capable of reducing the temperature by up to 25 degrees in an area around your outdoor space for hours at a time- without using any electricity whatsoever!
You have two options on how to use this portable cooler: set its direction wherever you want or pop on its 90-degree pivot function for a wide sweeping range.
This ETL-listed device can withstand the elements with its weather-resistant design and UV rays-resistant finish. A GFCI power cord also ensures safety by cutting off the electricity if an electrical hazard occurs while using your garden hose to fill it up.
More: The Best Home Tool Kits
Geek Aire Battery Operated Fan
- ✅ A POWERFUL CORDLESS BATTERY FAN with zero hassle. The Geek Aire portable, rechargeable fan will allow you to easily use and enjoy its 2300CFM airflow no matter where you are, unlike other plug-in floor fans. Enjoy optimal flexibility and a refreshing, cooling sensation on-the-go, twist the switch to start.
- ✅ LOWER THE TEMPERATURE to enjoy a cooling sensation with our powerful battery operated fan, utilizing 3 nozzles to spray refreshing cool mist up to 11.5ft. You can pivot the misting fan to adjust the mist coverage and the distance, 360ºup&down. Water make hot summer days more enjoyable.
- ✅ DETACHABLE BATTERY FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE: A full-charged battery will offer you 2-10 hours of fan time, but since our batteries are detachable, you can get 2 or 3 more batteries, charge them beforehand and enjoy up to 4-20 hours or 6-30 hours of operation. And the best part? You can use our battery as a power-bank and charge all your mobile devices, which is perfect for camping!
- ✅ PORTABLE MISTING FAN FOR A COOL BREEZE ON-THE-GO: Lightweight just 13.0 lbs and compact size 22.5"x21.3"x10.2", your easy-to-carry battery powered fan is great for your porch, deck, patios, job site outdoors, farm, picnic, BBQ and your nature adventures, it won’t take up too much spaces of your car trunk.
- ✅ SAFELY USE YOUR MISTER FAN: Made of strong ABS, with a thickened coating, your outdoor fan is waterproof, rustproof, UV-resistant and functions at 24v DC, much lower than household voltage, for your safety.
The Geek Aire Rechargeable Outdoor Misting Fan is the perfect companion for those in hot climates. This misting fan can help to cool off during extreme heat, all while also being practical and aesthetically pleasing.
With a variety of different nozzle attachments available, as well as features like an adjustable stream-mode button, there’s no denying that this product will do its job with ease.
This fan is perfect for those looking to stay cool, no matter where they are. The 12-volt rechargeable battery keeps the misting capabilities of this fan going strong and can be used either inside or outside your home without any worries about draining the power source.
The best part about this misting fan may just be that it’s both battery and AC-powered. With a 15000 mAh power bank included, you can set the device up in any location without being limited to where an outlet is located or whether electric cords are running through your space.
The high-powered batteries allow for between 2 – 10 hours of use depending on how fast you run the fan and if using its built-in water sprayer function!
More: The Best Water Bottles
NewAir AF-600 Outdoor Misting Fan
- COOL MIST FAN - This misting cooling fan is perfect for chill summer patios, pool parties, and BBQs
- FEATURES - With 3 fan speeds, wide-angle oscillation, and a slim design this mist fan has it all
- ECO-FRIENDLY - Instead of freon and other chemicals, get climate control that uses clean evaporation
- QUALITY - This personal misting fan is made with quality materials, to keep you comfy all day
- NEWAIR - With good quality products and excellent customer service, NewAir is a name you can trust
There’s nothing more refreshing than a cool mist on hot summer days, which is why NewAir created the AF-600.
This outdoor fan not only comes with two-speed settings and an auto timer to ensure you don’t forget it was running all day long but also features three safety mechanisms that will keep your family safe from electrical shock or fire hazards when using this product. In addition, its 400ml water tank can last up to eight hours.
It has a 3-speed motor to provide airflow up to 2,800 CFM. The oscillating head provides effective cooling for an area of 600 square feet with a height that is easy enough that it could be used in standing or seated areas.
When you’re done using it outdoors, the water supply comes in from a standard garden hose, and there’s even built-in protection against dangerous electric shocks, if anything, short circuits.
It has an adjustable height to suit your needs, and the base includes 19 inches of diameter, which makes it easy to fit in tight spots like corners.
You can easily adjust where you want the mist from oscillating or tilting thanks to its 18-inch blade span, so no matter what size room you’re cooling off, this fan will be able to useable.
Mistcooling High-Velocity Mist Fan
- 18 Inch Outdoor Rated High Velocity Fan / 4 Nozzle Stainless Steel Misting Ring
- Durable Corrosion Resistant Finish - OSHA approved Grill - Industrial Grade Aluminum Blades -
- Includes 4 Brass/Stainless Steel Mist Nozzles 0.012'' with Misting Fan Ring
- High Velocity - 3 Speed Fan - Applications include residential misting, industrial misting, restaurant and commercial misting
The Mistcooling misting fan is a versatile cooling device that can be installed either vertically or horizontally.
It attaches to the wall using an adjustable bracket and has two settings for airflow: high velocity, low-velocity. This fan also features mist nozzles on both sides, so you get cool relief wherever you are in your home!
The Mistcooling misting fan comes with some great features like dual-powered plug options (AC Plug/DC battery), easy installation into any standard outlet box, and a built-in safety shut-off switch that will turn it off when the water level gets too high.
The misting system is made with high-quality materials that are durable and long-lasting.
It features four brass nozzles to provide a cooling effect for an immediate vicinity of 6300 CFM, which rapidly cools you off in hot weather conditions or when feeling uncomfortable at sporting events where the temperature can rise up quickly during halftime shows.
You don’t have to worry about compatibility either because it will work on all types of pumps, so there’s never any guesswork involved!
The only thing stopping your desired level of water coverage from being achieved is if your PSI isn’t high enough—the higher the pressure really determines how much spraying action you’ll get outta this bad boy here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of using a misting fan?
Misting fans cool people off with an evaporative effect that will make you feel like it’s not as hot out. It also produces natural humidity, which offers relief from dry heat and helps keep your skin moist, preventing dehydration in some cases where regular air conditioning might be too harsh on sensitive skin or for those who have asthma triggered by cold weather conditions.
How do misting fans work?
Misting systems are an easy way to keep cool on those hot summer days. Misting fans use a water pump, spray nozzle, and timer module (connected by tubing) that you hook up to your garden hose or tap water line in order for the misting fan system to function properly. The higher the pressure—the more spraying action you’ll get outta this bad boy here.
What size outdoor misting fan should I buy?
The best thing about misting fans is they come in all sorts of sizes, from small personal mist cooling misters perfect for dorm rooms to large commercial grade models with extensions capable of providing relief to entire sports fields during halftime breaks.
Are filters necessary to use with misting fans?
Dirt and other particles can be a problem with misting fans. Filters help to prevent these from accumulating on the fan blades, which in turn helps them spin more efficiently; this prevents dirt buildup that normally occurs when you work outside or have animals around your house! You might even want to go one step further by installing an anti-microbial filter as well for extra protection against germs.
Do misters work in high humidity?
Sure, but they rely on evaporation. The higher the relative humidity of the air is to 100%, it will take longer for water droplets or mist from a mister to evaporate and produce cooling values.
It’s the perfect time to get your deck, patio, or pool area ready for summer. You may be dreading some of those hot days this season with all that heat coming off from your air conditioner and what you can do is add a misting fan! It will cool down any outdoor space, so it’s comfortable as well as making it easier on your electric bill. With tons of options out there, find one suited just for you before finding solace in the shade while cooling off at home.
Thanks for reading, and leave us a comment if you have any thoughts about our article!
Like this post? Check Out Others Here
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API