Mobile gaming is on the rise, with improved processing power ensuring that some of the very best gaming titles are now available on the go.
The mobile gaming content market in North America is worth $25.5bn, according to Statista. Around the world, mobile gaming accounts for 57% of the overall gaming market. Mobile gaming covers a broad range of devices, from cell phones to tablets, with both able to handle much more complicated games than ever before.
Mobile gaming as a concept began with handheld devices such as the Nintendo Gameboy, offering players the chance to indulge in their favorite titles on the move. Later, in 1997, Nokia first combined games and mobile phones with Snake, a very basic title that had players engrossed. Now, there are few handheld gaming devices on the market. Cell phones and tablets are capable of handling the best games as well as the apps and other functions users expect.
There are all manner of games you can download onto a tablet, with some titles such as Call of Duty and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) testing these devices to the maximum, requiring heavy processing power for graphics and sound. Whilst that is perhaps the obvious interpretation of gaming, other genres are also popular, such as online casinos. They have also thrived during the pandemic, due to physical locations being closed, but also because of the immersive and diverse offering to players.
Many offer live casino games, requiring tablets with strong connectivity and processing power.
Gala Bingo has live gameshows available for players, such as Adventures Beyond Wonderland and Monopoly Live, which require a device to have fast processing, great visions and sound, and in many instances, minimum 4G connectivity. Without these basics, online gaming in its current form would be obsolete.
Tablets tend to be preferred to cell phones by many gamers due to the screen size and increased processing power. There are plenty of them on the market, but which is worth your dollars in 2021? If you want to dip your toe into the world of online gaming on a mobile device, these are the best tablets money can buy right now.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
- SLIM, STYLISH DESIGN: Stream and browse on a 10.4-inch ultra-widescreen display designed to bring your content to life without weighing you down. The front-facing, landscape-oriented camera allows you to transition between entertainment and video calls seamlessly.
- DOLBY ATMOS SURROUND SOUND: With an enhanced quad speaker system that plays everything in Dolby Atmos surround sound, you’ll always feel like you’re listening from the front row.
- PREMIUM ENTERTAINMENT, ON US: With purchase of Galaxy Tab A7, get two months of free YouTube Premium and six months of free Spotify Premium. Battery Type and Size-7,040mAh
- DO MORE OF WHAT YOU LOVE: Powerful processing speeds and upgraded memory means you can do more, and keep more, of the things you love: apps, videos, playlists and beyond.
- BINGE-WORTHY BATTERY: Galaxy Tab A7’s enhanced battery is designed for busy days and includes a fast-charging USB-C port that quickly gets you back to 100 percent.
If you are looking for a gaming tablet on a bit of a budget, then the A7 from Samsung is a solid choice. It can be found with 32GB storage for around $260, which is a great price considering what is under the hood. It has a Qualcomm SM6115 processor and a 10.4″ screen to enjoy gaming on.
You can happily get through a session of Call of Duty on here. With a front-facing 5-megapixel camera, it can handle interactive casino games that may require you to appear in person. One downside is that whilst it might be cheap, it does have a rather ‘plastic’ feel in terms of construction, but that does not affect performance.
Apple iPad Pro 12.9
- Apple M1 chip for next-level performance
- Brilliant 12.9-inch Liquid Retina XDR display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- TrueDepth camera system featuring Ultra Wide camera with Center Stage
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR
- Stay connected with ultrafast Wi-Fi
The Apple iPad Pro 2020 is an extremely powerful tablet, packing an A12Z Bionic chip for superfast gaming and resource-hungry titles. It has a great battery life, too, longer than the other tablets we have chosen, so it makes it perfect for mobile gaming in longer stints.
Naturally, as an Apple product and a relatively recent one, it does have a higher price point than the Samsung, around $800. As an alternative, previous models are not bad either and can be found cheaper if you look. The 2018 model is a decent option and might be available for around $600 if you are lucky. Be aware, these tablets certainly hold their price, and there is a reason for that: they are ultra-reliable.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Next gen, best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than surface pro 6, with a 10th gen intel core processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer. Display Resolution - 2736 x 1824 (267 PPI)
- More ways to connect, with both USB c and USB a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour
The Surface Pro 7 is something of a hybrid. It is as close to a laptop as you can get without actually being a laptop. It boasts an impressive Intel 10th-gen Quad Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and a 128GB SSD for swift loading times. With a 12.3″ pixel sense screen as well, this is a beautiful gaming tablet that should satisfy even the most hardened of gamers.
Naturally, with this being a product from the kings of the PC world, you can attach a smart keyboard and mouse and turn your investment into a fully-fledged laptop, too. The biggest downside is the price – expect to pay in the region of $900.
Like this post? Check Out Others Here
Last update on 2021-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API