Microphones are essential for live streaming, gaming, vocal, or quality YouTube videos. If you’re looking to buy a microphone, there are many options out there, but it can be hard to choose the best one.
You need to know what kind of mic suits your needs before making any purchases! Some mics have different features, which will help with sound quality depending on where they are being recorded from. Make sure you consider these features when shopping around so that all your recordings come in crystal clear and high-quality every time.
When looking for a microphone, there are many things to consider: price, features like noise cancellation, and echo protection. But the most important thing is picking one that best suits your needs as a streamer or gamer!—and then choose your perfect match from among those factors!
We’ve compiled some reviews of microphones that are best suited specifically with recording streaming or video game content in mind; please find our selections below:
How to Choose Best Microphone for You
Budget: Budget is very important to find the right microphone. You have to choose between a gaming or streaming mic, and even though it’s tempting when we say “you get what you pay,” that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great options out there at better price offers. You might think that better-quality microphones will cost higher, but there are plenty on this list at good prices.
Additional accessories: There are many additional accessories you get with a microphone. You’ll notice that some of these items aren’t important for you. Still, others will be essential for your gaming or live streaming experience.
Some people feel like they need more than just a headset and mic to make their stream perfect. But, at the same time, other gamers may not consider any extra add-ons necessary as long as they have what’s needed in order to play games on Twitch without any issues!
Connectivity: You have to see the connectivity of your microphone is accessible or not. There’s some way to connect it up with whatever you need, and that means choosing which one will work best for you. We’ll give you some recommendations on our favorite, easiest-to-connect microphones below!
8 Best Microphone for Streaming and Gaming
1. Blue Yeti USB Microphone: Best Desktop Microphone
- Custom Three-Capsule Array: Produces clear, powerful, broadcast-quality sound for YouTube, game streaming, podcasting, Zoom calls and music.
- Blue VO!CE Software: Craft the perfect broadcast vocal sound and entertain your audience with enhanced effects, advanced modulation and HD audio samples. Advanced Blue VO!CE is compatible with Yeti, Yeti Nano and Yeti X. To access Blue VO!CE, please download Logitech’s free G HUB software.
- Four Pickup Patterns: Flexible cardioid, omni, bidirectional, and stereo pickup patterns allow you to record in ways that would normally require multiple mics.
- Onboard Audio Controls: Headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and mic gain put you in charge of every level of the recording and streaming process.
- Plug 'n Play on Mac and PC: Instantly start recording and streaming on Mac or PC.
The Blue Yeti USB microphone is the best gaming mic in the last few years, and it’s available at an excellent budget. It has great build quality with features that are superb for streaming.
And when you’re looking to make a long-term investment in your audio equipment, this will be one of those things you won’t regret buying because there are many different types. The stereo, cardioid, omnidirectional or bi-directional options are perfect for anyone who wants to use one single device on their computer!
The Blue Yeti will let you have complete control of setting up and using it. One of its best features is that there are mute, gain, and zero-latency output buttons, so you can easily make immediate adjustments.
It is the best microphone for gamers and streamers. It’s comfortable to use, it has great sound quality, and the price is reasonable! We highly recommend anyone interested in purchasing a new mic should consider getting this product before any other brand out there on the market now – after all, they have great reviews from many people about how easy it is to set up.
2. Blue Snowball Ice
- Custom Condenser Capsule: Powered By Blue’S Custom Condenser Capsule, Snowball Ice Microphone Delivers Crystal-Clear Audio Quality That’S Light-Years Ahead Of Your Built-In Computer Microphone
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern: Captures Your Voice With Clear, Focused Sound For Streaming, Podcasting, Broadcasting, Skype Calls And Zoom Meetings
- Stylish Retro Design: Record Or Stream In Style With A Classic Recording Equipment Design That Looks Great On Your Desktop And On Camera
- Adjustable Desktop Stand: Allows You To Position The Condenser Microphone In Relation To The Sound Source, Improving Sound Quality And Saving Space On Your Desktop For The Optimal Broadcast Setup
Our second choice is the Blue Snowball Ice. It’s one of the best microphones at a reasonable price, being the absolute best microphone for streaming or gaming under $50- and it sounds great too!
The high-quality mic comes with an easy-to-use plugin USB connection that can be plugged into any computer instantly without needing drivers installed on your device. Plus, you’ll get a fantastic-looking tripod stand (with threads). It’s low budget with decent sound quality that you can use quickly without any drivers needed!
More: The Best DSLR Cameras
For those who are looking for a budget-friendly mic that is good quality, this streaming microphone may be just what you’re looking for. It has some minor cons, but it’s worth the investment considering its price and features!
3. Audio Technica ATR2500: Best Condenser Mic
- Side address condenser microphone with USB output for easy connection to your computer
- Ideal for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording, and voice over use
- Built in headphone jack allows you to directly monitor your microphone output without audible delay
- Adjust headphone volume with easy to use controls on the front of the microphone
- High quality AD convertor with 16 bit, 44.1/48 kiloHertz sampling rate
Our next best mic for gaming is from Audio Technica. The ATR2500 has long been a favorite among gamers who need professional audio that won’t break the bank, too! So what sets this one apart?
This microphone is perfect for all of your streaming needs. It’s simple to use and has professional sound quality without the expensive setup at home or office. It also features its excellent sound quality and comfortable design, making it easy peasy-lemon squeezy like no other microphone on the market today.
More: The Best Camera Tripods
It is a shock mount supported and has a Small desk footprint, In-line audio monitoring, with the perfect size for most setups. There are few cons: its tripod tends to fall over easily; however, it includes an extra cable that can be used as an extension cord if needed.
The ATR2500 has a great price but also provides high-quality sound! This mic will be perfect for your gaming needs and more.
4. Blue Microphones Yeti Pro: Best Gaming Microphone
- Custom Three-Capsule Array: Produces Clear, Powerful, Broadcast-Quality Sound For Youtube, Game Streaming, Podcasting, Zoom Calls And Music.
- Blue Voice Software: Craft The Perfect Broadcast Vocal Sound And Entertain Your Audience With Enhanced Effects, Advanced Modulation And Hd Audio Samples. Advanced Blue Vo!Ce Is Compatible With Yeti, Yeti Nano And Yeti X. To Access Blue Voice, Please Download Logitech’S Free G Hub Software.
- Four Pickup Patterns: Flexible Cardioid, Omni, Bidirectional, And Stereo Pickup Patterns Allow You To Record In Ways That Would Normally Require Multiple Mics.
- Onboard Audio Controls: Headphone Volume, Pattern Selection, Instant Mute, And Mic Gain Put You In Charge Of Every Level Of The Recording And Streaming Process.
The Blue Microphone Yeti Pro is a good gaming mic that has the best sound quality among streaming microphones.
In addition, this microphone’s eye-catching look and high build quality will attract any user to purchase it for their streaming needs. Still, its higher price can be off-putting at times. However, it comes with all necessary accessories, making this product both affordable and functional.
It’s like a trip to the moon! Who could ask for anything more?
It has three custom condenser capsules and four different polar patterns, Cardioid, Stereo, Bidirectional, and Omnidirectional. Plus, it can output a 15 Hz – 22 kHz frequency response. This is really awesome for a streaming microphone that will make your voice sound clear as day with no static or distortion to hear what you have to say in any environment.
With all these features under its belt, I would recommend this mic if budget isn’t an issue because of how high quality it rocks when compared to other microphones around the same price range. However, if you need a microphone for your everyday use, you can spend a little more and buy it; we strongly recommend this best gaming microphone for you.
5. Audio Technica ATR3350: Best mic for streaming
- Newscaster-style miniature mic is perfect for video use. In-line battery pack with On/Off switch provides convenient control
- Dual-mono 3. 5 mm (1/8") output Plug connects to a video camera, DSLR, or handheld audio recorder's stereo 3. 5 mm (1/8") input, to record audio on both left and right channels
- Omnidirectional pickup pattern offers full coverage
- Includes mic/headphone adapter for use with tablets, computers, and smartphones that accommodate a 3. 5 mm (1/8") headset connection
- Clothing clip, LR44 battery, foam windscreen included
You can’t get a better gaming microphone than our next pick, the ATR3350 from Audio Technica! Audio Technica makes a lot of great microphones for streaming.
They’re all excellent choices, but one might be better than the others, depending on your needs and budget. The ATR3350 is a budget-friendly model that provides you with impressive sound quality at an affordable price.
The best thing about this product is its output tone of voice– it’s witty and fun to listen to while still maintaining clear audio. So listeners will be able to hear your wit combined perfectly with crystal-clear sound in every game chat or stream!
The audio quality of this microphone is great. It comes with some good accessories, and its build quality is also good. And it gives a lengthy cable to make the user comfortable.
However, it also has a few cons, like it has a battery indicator present. And another con is it is battery powered only—you looking for a microphone from Audio Technica in the best budget, then it is for you.
6. Zalman Zm-Mic1: Best PC Microphone
- It has attractive & compact design
- Localization - English
- High Sensitivity Headphone Mic
- 3 Mini Clips for Tidy Arrangement
- Product Type - Headphone Microphone
Our next best microphone for gaming is Zalman Zm Mic1. The price of this microphone is very low. But its sound is good, and it is a very affordable microphone with a long cable. It is best as a PC microphone.
The design of this gaming microphone is also good. It has 3 Mini Clips for tidy arrangement and no-frills. But for its low price, it has a few cons too. It has only clips onto cables, No shirt clip, and a highly sensitive capsule. And it thin cable is not a good thing for users.
Overall of this microphone is the very cheapest microphone. You will get some good features, but they don’t offer many features like our other listed microphones for their price.
The price of this mic is less than 10 dollars. That is really impressive. Our suggestion is if you do not have money and looking for the best microphone for a few days then you can choose it.
It is not a good choice if you want the best streaming for long service. This best streaming microphone is good for short-term service.
7. Razer Seiren Pro Elite XLR and USB Digital Microphone
- Professional Grade - Single dynamic capsule ensures minimal electronic interference for a richer, warmer and true to life broadcasting experience
- Built in High-Pass Filter - Cuts out unwanted low-frequency vibrations (footsteps or the rumbles of an air conditioner) to provide only the cleanest recording signals
- Digital/Analog Vocal Limiter
- 16-bit/48kHZ Resolution
- Zero Latency Monitoring
Our next best microphone for gaming is Razer Seiren pro-Elite. It is the condenser USB microphone and one of the best microphones for gaming.
Build quality of this microphone is excellent and expensive. The premium look of this mic is more attractive.
It has four different recording pattern configurations, and these are Cardioid, Stereo, Omni, Bi-directional. The weight of this best gaming mic is comfortable, and it has an A/D convert too.
It has a high-quality recording ability, like studio sound. This mic is an easy setup plug system and easy recording. Razer Seiren mic comes with a headphone amplifier built-in, and it fits with any 3.5mm headphones. And it has zero-latency output if you plugged directly into the microphone.
Overall this gaming microphone is good. It can be your only cons that it is an expensive microphone.
But this best streaming microphone is less than 200 dollars. If the budget does not matter, you can try this best streaming mic.
We told it before that if you need a microphone for your daily life or regular activities, then you should choose a good one and the price does not matter.
If the microphone is essential for your everyday life, it will be a good choice for you.
8. Antlion Audio ModMic Attachable Boom Microphone
- Consumer Alert: Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device.
Our last best gaming microphone is Antlion Audio ModMic. It is an Attachable boom microphone, and it has a Noise Cancelling system with a Mute Switch. This best mic is a budget-friendly mic on our list. It has a 3.5mm jack that helps you to easily and quickly plugin and play a game.
Build quality and all systems of this microphone are good. It is very excellent for the user comfortable. Adjustable boom features are very impressive of this best gaming microphone, and it gives you use its performance perfectly.
It is a very well performance in a noisy place. You can play a multiples game with it perfectly and comfortably. This gaming microphone response-ability is 100 Hz-10 kHz, and it comes with many accessories.
Overall of this best mic for gaming is good. It is the last one on our best gaming microphone list, but it is not a bad choice for a user.
It has good built quality, well sound many accessories and price is also well. So we recommend this best gaming mic for the user.
What are you looking for, like a cheap and budget-friendly gaming microphone or the best streaming microphone with many accessories by giving some extra bucks?
It depends on you. And which one is best for you depends on what features you are looking for. So, we tried to include all various types of microphones to confirm your best choice is here.
We hope it will be helpful for you all to find the best microphone for gaming or streaming.
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API