We all know that the process of cooking is quite dangerous. You might get hurt from hot oil, spilled grease, or even touching the stove. Choosing some good heat resistant cooking gloves would help to avoid those unnecessary burns. In fact, a pair of heat resistant gloves is considered one of the basic kitchen tools that every cook should have. They keep you protected from burns and also help to prevent grease or hot liquid stains on your hands.
However, it isn’t easy to find the best heat resistant gloves as a lot of brands make them with cheap materials. One pair might cost around $10, but they won’t last long and definitely, will not protect your hands properly. So, how can you find the best one?
Don’t worry. In this article, we are going to reveal the top 5 heat resistant gloves that are worth buying for your kitchen. Without further ado, let’s find out which product is best for you!
1.Homemaxs BBQ Gloves
These gloves will give you the confidence to grill your next BBQ, dish out some hot food on a buffet line, or pull off all sorts of other kitchen tasks without giving up one iota of heat.
The design of these gloves is impressive. Made out of high-quality materials, they can withstand extreme temperatures that exceed 1450 degrees F for a couple of seconds without melting or showing any signs that the heat has affected them at all! I loved how silky smooth and comfortable it felt on top. There’s silicone patterning to ensure that you don’t have anything sliding off your hands once things start heating up in front of the grill.
More: The Best BBQ
The silicone makes these gloves a lot more grippy, even on greasy surfaces. The layer underneath the silicone is made of deyan aramid fibers. It is used in construction for everything from body armor to military vehicles! They are also heat resistant, so you can hold smoldering charcoal without feeling it for 2 seconds. It’s great that these gloves are thin, too, because they give your fingers room to move how I want them to. At the same time, they’re thick enough to protect me without inhibiting my movement.
2.GEEKHOM Grilling Gloves
These heat resistant cooking gloves from GEEKHOM are the perfect gloves for any grilling enthusiast. They’re fireproof, so you don’t have to worry about getting burned. They are also made with a good grip on different items such as hot pans, skewers, or vegetables that might not be safe enough by hand.
More: The Best Grills
These gloves are perfect for grilling or cooking on a fire and resisting the intense heat. The silicone cover protects you from 446 degrees, which is thanks to its extra layer of cotton in case there’s any splatter with hot liquids!
The extended cuff and the cloth material make it so that these grilling gloves are capable of withstanding more. It can be helpful when you have a hot liquid on your hands as well because its waterproofing capabilities will protect your skin from getting burned by liquids like coffee or tea.
The clever design of the fingers on this pair makes it easier to hold items without slipping. I think it’s one of the reasons why these are such a popular item!
- EXCELLENT HEAT RESISTANCE. The oven mitts is made of BPA Free silicone, heat-resistant from -104℉to 446℉. Environmentally Friendly, security and durable.
- DUAL-LAYER DESIGN: This BBQ gloves is designed with an outer silicone glove and inner heat-resistant cotton layer, comfortable and moisture wicking, maximize your heat protection from grill and oven temperatures.
- LONG SLEEVE and ROPE DESIGN: This cooking gloves is with a long sleeve to protect your wrist and arm and glove cuff is designed with a rope so that the glove can be hanged on a hook when not in use, easier to store and saves more room for kitchen.
- NON-SLIP DESIGN: Texture on the surface of the waterproof gloves provides a NON-SLIP protection, never worry about falling when pick up food or something else.
- FULL GEEKHOM WARRANTY - Provides 100% no questions asked money back guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied with your silicone grill gloves purchase simply let us know, and you'll be offered a FULL refund or replacement! Enjoy this absolutely RISK FREE purchase today by clicking the yellow 'Add to Cart button' above.
3.RAPICCA BBQ Gloves
When it comes to the perfect pair of gloves for grilling, there are a few things you need: heat resistance and dexterity. With two in one RAPICCA heat resistant gloves, not only are your hands safe from high temperatures, but they’re also free enough so that no juicy chop or burger goes untouched!
The gloves are waterproof and oil-resistant! These qualities make it the perfect kitchen utensil for people with a knack for cooking. Not only can they withstand high heat, but they also make them great tools to use when you need your hands free of grease or water.
The best thing about these gloves is that they are so comfortable! Many people might think these bulky and stiff wearers will slow them down, but I found the opposite to be true.
The fabric feels soft against the skin, making it easy to work long hours without any hassle. This pair of rubber kitchen gloves has a neoprene layer on top, which makes it perfect for working with oily foods or surfaces in your kitchen like grease traps where chemicals can damage if not handled properly.
You won’t be surprised to find that this pair of gloves is durable, so you can wash them with soap or detergent and not worry about the fabric tearing. They’re quick to dry too, meaning you’ll have a clean set ready for your next working day!
- PRO DESIGN –Made with Food-Grade neoprene rubber, they are water, fire & stain resistant. Designed for the pit master with insulated textured palm non-slip five finger design so you can manage wet or greasy meat in your smoker or bbq and make pulled pork like the pros!
- COMFORTABLE & FLAME RESISTANT – The double layer soft cotton liner not only provide max comfortable fitting but also good insulated from heat, the gloves fits loosely so your hands stays cool and comfortable while tend to your bbq, smoker and other household tasks.The food grade neoprene coating is resistant to melting and is fire resistant, protecting your hands around smokers, grill flames and fire, making them a great camping accessory.
- EXTREMELY EASY TO CLEAN - The flexible waterproof neoprene coating on this glove is resistant to heat, grease, oil, water and stains even chemical liquid, just wash the gloves with a little soap, and hang them to dry, no oil or stains left, pleasure to use!
- EASY HANDLING BOILING WATER OR STEAM -As the neoprene rubber coating is waterproof, you could handle hot boiling water or steam easily, just put your hands in hot boiling water without feeling heat(please have a test in cold water in case of any defective gloves!) the 17inch length sleeve protect your arm as well as your hands while pending your BBQ masterpiece or handing hot items on your smoker or grill.
- ALL KINDS OF USES - The Pit glove isn't just for BBQ; they're great for brewing beer; frying turkeys; dying yarn and all kinds of activities where you need hand and forearm protection
4.Grill Armor Oven Gloves
With the Grill Armor heat resistant cooking gloves, you’ll never have to worry about having your fingers burnt from an open flame. Crafted with high-quality materials for durability and convenience, these sturdy gloves will keep hands safe in any kitchen or barbecue pit! They come fully equipped with a breathable fabric that ensures comfortable wear all day long – both on the inside of the glove as well as its outer layer.
More: The Best Stand Mixers
Are you having a hard time gripping the hot plates in your kitchen? The Grill Armor gloves are perfect for those difficult tasks! These silicon-lined, one size fits all style of gloves has been designed to provide extra comfort and make it easy when cooking. It even comes with interchangeable arms, so if you have different hand sizes, then that is not an issue since they can be used on either arm.
These heat resistant cooking gloves are made of a material that is both strong and light, which makes them perfect for all sorts of tasks. If you’re looking to get some new cookware or an appliance in the near future, this type might be worth considering- it could make cooking so much easier!
- Extreme Heat Resistant - EN407 certified withstand heats up to 932°F, providing the highest protection for your hands so you can cook with confidence.
- Top Quality - The Grill Armor Gloves are made to last from a brand you can trust. Using only the highest quality fabrics and materials. Easy to clean, machine washable with handy hook for hanging.
- Versatile - All in one barbecue gloves, oven mitts or pot holders. Enjoy great success in the kitchen, outdoor grill, camp site, fire pit etc. Whether you're a professional chef, avid griller or an amateur home cook you can count on these gloves to protect you from unwanted burns.
- Comfort - Thick but lightweight and flexible with five fingers flex design and silicone super-grip. Easily grab a pizza stone or a Lodge cast iron and dutch oven hot handles. Perfect for handling hot pots and pans, stuff from the oven, microwave, instant pot, smoker, fryer, big green egg etc.
- Durability - Insulated by M-ARAMID & P-ARAMID fabrics(same as Nomex and Kevlar), Will not catch fire or melt when exposed to an open flame. Handle all types of foods and cookware with ease and confidence.
5.MagneCHEF Heat Resistant Cooking Gloves
The MagneCHEF Heat Resistant Silicone BBQ Gloves come with no extra buttons or zippers that could cause trouble while cooking your meal. They also have an easy one-size-fits-all design that will keep the convenience level high in any kitchen!
These grilling gloves are very comfortable to wear because they have a flexible build. This feature is perfect for many people as no other pair I’ve tried has this unique fitting design! What I like most about it is that you won’t feel much pressure on your hands when wearing them, and typing becomes a hassle-free process.
The gloves are heat resistant between 250-480 degrees Fahrenheit! At first, that seems like a wide range of temperatures, but these gloves perform great in the kitchen and on the BBQ grill as well. Its silicone build ensures no chances will be taken with burns or blisters to ruin your day! It just makes it easier when you want to pick up nice hot plates or pans without worrying about getting burnt from the heat.
Silicone is also very durable, which means your barbecue tools won’t get damaged thanks to this pair. You can use them time after time without any worries of tearing since its strong material is perfect for handling even sharp utensils.
Another feature I like about this product is that they’re dust and water-resistant, so you can wash them in the sink or dishwasher without worrying about these gloves getting damaged.
- Flame and Heat Resistant - MagneCHEF silicone gloves are specially designed by a firefighter to withstand up to 500°F (260°C). They’re excellent grill gloves for outdoor grill, smokers, or indoor hot stovetop cooking.
- Easy On, Easy Off - Unlike regular rubber and cotton fiber gloves that can get stuck and are difficult to remove, our one-size-fits-all bbq grill gloves work like fire gear, so you can easily slide your hands in and out. Each grill glove has a magnetic clip for quick, effortless removal.
- With Extended Cuffs - Protect your hands and arms from burns! MagneChef bbq gloves offer superior heat protection with extended cuffs. These professional gloves are made of food-grade silicone and are trusted by chefs and pitmasters.
- Make Grilling A Breeze - With its ergonomic webbed fit and grip waves, this pair of grill gloves delivers utmost comfort and flexibility while you’re working with fire. Hand-handle, pull and shred meats easily when you wear these premium grilling gloves
- Water Resistant and Dishwasher Safe - Unlike other gloves, our silicone grill gloves aren’t compromised when wet. They’re tough and durable even under extreme hot steam conditions. After use, you can safely toss your cooking gloves in the dishwasher.
More: The Best Cooking Oils
Buying Guide – Heat Resistant Cooking Gloves
To make sure you’re getting the best pair of heat resistant gloves, these are a few things to consider:
The material used in the gloves really makes a difference! You want something that is comfortable and easy to clean while cooking. It’s also good if it has additional features like flexibility too!
The glove style is important to consider as well. You want a pair that will provide the maximum amount of protection for your hands while you’re cooking. Also, remember if you want something more like oven gloves or BBQ mitts, this can be an important factor in choosing the right pair for you!
Open Vs. Closed Fingers
Another thing to look at when picking out a good pair is design. Do you prefer open fingers or closed? There are benefits and setbacks to both of these styles of gloves, so make sure to find one that works best with your needs!
Heat resistance rating
This is the most important part! As I said before, you never want to put your hands near an open flame because it could lead to disastrous burns and blisters. Many people will be cooking at temperatures between 250-500 Fahrenheit, but some other types go as high as 900 degrees! Make sure you get a pair that’s capable of handling your desired range of heat, or else they’ll just end up being a waste of money.
It also helps if the gloves have extra features like buttons/zippers or even additional material on their sides for protection. This way, it won’t be too big and bulky while cooking with long sleeves on or reaching inside deep pots and pans.
Another thing to look for when shopping is whether the material used in the gloves allows good airflow. In order to prevent your hands from getting too sweaty, it’s important that its ventilation system works. The last thing you want to do while cooking is deal with a bunch of extra sweat and pesky smells!
Keep in mind that these types of products are designed to help you handle heat better, so it makes sense to be more concerned about the grip! The last thing you want is a pair that feels like they’re going to slip out of your hands while cooking or even typing. Make sure you get something firm and easy to use!
This is another important factor as it can save time and money if the gloves have proper durability, so they don’t rip on you over time. It may sound cheesy, but I’ve experienced this first hand before when my $20 oven mitts ripped after just a few uses! This one is pretty straightforward, though, as it’s common sense not to buy low-quality products with lots of holes or tears because they’ll break!
Many of these products offer forearm protection but keep in mind that it really all depends on the style of the glove. Be sure to find out if a certain pair has this feature or not.
This is also important because you never want dirt and bacteria lurking around in your cooking gloves! Some companies will throw in some additional features like easy washing, so be sure to check out what they have to offer.
Size & fit
The size and fit of a pair are very important! You don’t want to be wearing gloves that feel too tight or big while cooking. Also, make sure you’re getting the right size for your hand so it will fit perfectly without cutting off circulation in your fingers.
The price of these items can vary depending on the manufacturer, style, and material used. Make sure to find a good deal though, that fits well in your budget!
I personally don’t care about color so much as I do quality, but sometimes having fun colors like red or blue can catch my attention more than stay-at-home blacks or whites. If you’re someone who likes pretty things, then why not choose a pair with a nice stylish color? It’s all up to you!
Finally, make sure that the pair you buy is made from high-quality material and won’t fall apart after just a few uses. It’ll make life easier if it’s also lightweight but still have enough protection on its sides! If all things are considered prior to buying one, then I’m pretty sure you should find the best heat resistant cooking gloves at an affordable price!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do Heat-Resistant Gloves Work?
Heat-resistant gloves, or other protective gear for that matter, are usually made from synthetic material and some type of fabric. The protection it offers is typically through its thickness, so it’s not completely fireproof. Still, it can sure help you in a lot of ways!
How Do I Choose The Right Pair?
One of the most common questions asked by shoppers is how to choose the right pair. First and foremost, consider what the purpose of these gloves are for. If you intend to use them for purposes other than cooking, like repairing your car or doing the heavy lifting, then it’s important that they have good durability and strength.
It’s also great if they offer protection against heat as well, so keep that in mind while purchasing one! If you’re choosing a pair just for the kitchen, then my only recommendation would be to get something comfortable with a strong grip and a good ventilation system!
Can I Wash My Heat Resistant Gloves??
Yes, they are washable! Just make sure you’re using a mild detergent to clean them. You don’t want to use bleach or harsh chemicals because it can damage your new gloves and shorten their lifespan, not to mention they won’t be as effective anymore.
How Do I Choose The Right Length?
The length is one thing you should pay close attention to, especially if you’re planning on using them for a wide variety of tasks! Most food-related gloves are mid-length, while other types like the lobster mitts have protective layers that cover your forearms, so keep this in mind when buying one.
Do You Need To Use Heat Resistant Gloves?
Well, it all depends on how much protection you feel is necessary. Still, some professions require it, so yes, in my opinion. If you work in a high temperature-related field (where heat resistant gear/clothing usually comes into play), then I highly suggest it because your hands are at risk of getting severely damaged and could even end up becoming useless if not properly protected!
How Long Will A Pair Last?
It all depends on the type you buy, but usually, there are specific heat resistant gloves that people use for more than just cooking. These can last a lifetime if properly maintained and taken good care of! It’s also important to choose the right size, so it has a snug fit without causing problems like cuts or tears in your fingers!
How Do I Choose The Right Size?
There really is no wrong size as long as they fit snugly on your hands without causing problems like cuts or tears in your fingers. My best suggestion is to get something flexible and easy to work with, such as a pair of silicone gloves!
How Do I Clean Heat Resistant Gloves?
First, make sure your gloves are completely dry before cleaning them because they will start to mold if not. You can use the same mild detergent you use for other fabric products like clothes or towels. You can also add baking soda or white vinegar once the initial wash has already been done. It’s important that you don’t overdo it when cleaning, however, because it could possibly damage your gloves which will mean you’ll have to buy a new set!
Are There Any Special Precautions I Must Take When Using Them?
Yes, one major precaution against wearing heat resistant gear is that it’s not fireproof, so don’t try touching a flame with them on!
How Do I Maintain Them?
The best way to maintain your gloves is to make sure they’re completely dry because if there are any small amounts of moisture left, then the mold will start growing. Make sure you browse around for heat resistant gear that has great ventilation and doesn’t trap in moisture. It’s also important that you give them a good inspection every once in a while to make sure there aren’t any rips or holes! You can use pliers or another type of tool to do this if necessary.
How Do I Know If My Gloves Are Safe?
When buying a pair of gloves, always make sure there are no exposed metal or plastic parts, as these will get rid of pretty quickly! Also, look for a certification mark that has been stamped by the appropriate testing authority. There should also be a note on what temperature it’s suitable for in regards to heat resistance prior to purchase!
Do They Have Any Other Usages Besides Cooking?
Yes, they can be used with other applications too, such as welding, glasswork, or grilling.
These gloves aren’t fireproof, so don’t expect them to protect your palms from scalds, but they can protect your fingers from the high heat! Some people like to use them when grilling for the added protection and grip. If you’re in a profession where there is potential heat or fire, then yes, it’s advisable to invest in some gloves!
Heat resistant cooking gloves are a great investment, and there are many uses for them. They can prevent fire hazards and safety hazards, so it’s always a good idea to invest in them if you have your heart set on cooking. The only thing to be careful of is fire, so don’t expect them to protect your palms from scalds, but they can definitely protect your fingers and hands from getting severely damaged!
Hopefully, these tips have helped assist you in finding the right pair of heat resistant gloves for yourself so keep that kitchen fire extinguisher handy too, just in case!
Last update on 2022-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API