Any holiday that takes place during the warmer months means two things: Grilling and beer. Be it Memorial Day, the 4th of July, Easter, Father’s Day, Flag Day, or Saturday, the best way to celebrate is by charring some flesh over an open flame.
Whether you prefer holding a luau, throwing a shrimp on the bbq, or even trying to make grilled tofu, it is an undeniably enjoyable way to cook.
Everything from kebabs to steak to foil-wrapped vegetables just tastes better when they’ve been grilled.
Since grilling is so popular and the only way a man should truly eat, there are a lot of options when it comes to choosing a grill.
Do you like the clean taste that you get from a gas grill, or do you like the smoky flavor of charcoal mixed into your meat?
Do you want something that can sit on the deck for ages or a portable wonder that can ride in your trunk for visits to the in-laws where they’re going to try to make you eat indoors like some kind of “dapper gent”?
Well, whatever you need, we’ve got you covered with our 8 best grills.
Kamado Joe Classic Charcoal Grill
- Divide & Conquer Flexible Cooking System transforms the humble grill grate into the most powerful cooking tool in your arsenal. The revolutionary multi-level, half-moon design frees you to cook different foods in different styles at different temperatures.
- Control Tower Top Vent lets you control air flow for precise temperature control. Perfect for smoking from 225F all the way to searing at 750F.
- With a slide-out drawer, cleanup is easy. Unlike other Kamado style grills, you no longer must remove the inside components from the grill to clean out the ashes. Simply remove the Patented Ash Drawer, dump your ashes and keep on grilling!
- Stainless Steel Cooking Grates
- Built-in Thermometer
Kamado Dragon: Before you, Big Green Egg fanatics, send in your hate mail, hear us out.
The Kamado Joe has a shell that is slightly thicker all the way around for better heat retention.
The gasket is superior and will last you years – that’s right, years – longer than the BGE or any other Kamado out there.
It has a stainless steel hinged cooking surface that lets you get at your coals any time your meat-clogged heart desires and is easy to clean.
The thermostat is one of the most accurate and goes up to 750 degrees.
Add in a heat deflector that will let you change from searing meat to grilling up a pizza, and you have a Kamado to make you scream with joy.
More: The Best BBQ
Broil King Porta-Chef
- NOT YOUR AVERAGE PORTABLE GRILL - with a stainless steel burner that puts out up to 14,000 BTUs, the Porta-Chef 120 is up to 65% more powerful than other grills in its class, letting the grill get hotter faster and allowing you to cook more on the go
- EASY PORTABILITY - this grill packs up easily with side shelves that detach easily to store inside the grill, snap-in legs that detach and store in the frame, and pins that lock the lid in place - perfect for your next camping or tailgating adventure
- THE SPACE YOU NEED - featuring 220 sq. in. of primary cooking area and a 128 sq. in. warming rack, the Porta-Chef 120 offers up enough cooking space to cook burgers for the whole crew, with enough left over to toast the buns too
- FULL-SIZE BBQ TASTE ON-THE-GO - features typically only found on full-size gas grills create delicious, smoky BBQ flavors; heavy cast iron cooking grids for bold sear marks, and the Flav-R-Wave stainless steel cooking system for even heat & vaporization
- PROUDLY MADE IN NORTH AMERICA - with a 10-year cook box warranty, 5-year warranty on the stainless steel burner, and 2-year warranty on all remaining parts and paint, rest easy knowing your grill will be ready to perform on-the-go for years to come
1001 Cooking Options: The Porta-Chef is not only royalty because of its quantity of features but also due to its flexibility.
Many gas grills rely wholly on propane and won’t use anything else, which can bother those that prefer greener gases.
The Porta-Chef still uses the propane standby but works equally well with natural gas.
It comes with more features than most kitchens, including an infinity burner for searing, a rotisserie burner that makes poultry succulent, and a stainless steel side burner.
The exterior is 100% weather-resistant aluminum, so don’t worry if it has to spend its life in the yard.
The part that will make your mouth water will surely be the cast iron cooking grids wrapped in porcelain.
They’ll take care of all your backyard grilling needs but can also carry enough heat to rapidly cook the most exquisite of meats.
Char-Broil Performance Series
- 2-burner, 24,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill
- 300 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 100 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates
- Stainless steel lid and UFC provide stylish durability, and features a lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control.Cooking System:Convectional
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. Metal side shelves fold down when not in use.
- Convenient access storage cabinet to store propane tank and accessories. Grill sits on 4 casters, two of which lock for mobility and stability.
Truly Even Cooking: This is the grillenator. It has been sent back through time for one purpose: to avoid uneven or improperly cooked meat.
It uses special infrared plates in the hood to absorb and then evenly distribute heat so that you don’t end up with hot or cold spots that ruin your flawless grilling style, wreck your bbq, and force your family to move to another state in shame.
These plates do more than just cook your meat evenly. They also help you find and maintain greater cooking levels, whether slow cooking, searing, or targeted intensity.
It also saves gas consumption since it maximizes the use of your heat.
More: The Best Patio Heaters
REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill
Woodsy Goodies: It’s technically a smoker, but grill fanatics that like the woodsy flavor of wood pellets can use it just as easily for some damn succulent grillin’.
It can also sear and even do a little backyard baking if that is to your liking. It can hold a temperature between 200 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit that increases by 5-degree increments.
Like most grills that begin their lives as a smoker, it is most adept at cooking up ribs and brisket, as well as anything else that takes a little longer.
That isn’t to say it can’t whip up burgers and brats with the best of ‘em.
It’s a little pricey but just as good as pellet grills that cost twice as much.
Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill
- Removable, dishwasher safe plates with Element IQ
- Opens flat to 'BBQ Mode'
- Voltage- 110-120Volts,1800 watt embedded heating design. 310- 450F variable temperature control with Low, Panini, and Sear Modes
- 6 adjustable height settings
- Integrated, removable drip tray. Removable, dishwasher-safe plates.
Electric Indoor Grill System: Do you hang your hat in the Pacific Northwest, where it only rains twice a year, for 6 months each time?
Maybe you hail from the frozen north where summer was that one day in 1984.
Either way, backyard grilling might not be the easiest thing, but you still crave some sweetmeat grilled to perfection.
For that, there is the Smart Grill for electric cooking you can do inside. Nearly every part of the Smart Grill is dishwasher safe to limit the work of greasy cleanup.
It has an 1800 watt element and flat grill style that allow you to perfectly control the temperature whether you’re making grilled cheese the way it was meant to be or searing a filet mignon.
It even has a drip tray so you can save or discard your leavings. Can work just as well outdoors as in if you get a break in the weather.
Sungmor Heavy Duty Cast Iron BBQ Grill
- Made of premium heavy duty cast iron,anti-rust treatment,sturdy and durable.
- Excellent thermal conductivity,structural design is super reasonable.
- Ideal for family use,especially when camping,it is very easy to carry.
- Not only a very functional barbecue grill,but also an excellent outdoor courtyard decoration.
- Dimension:Total:40.5L*34W*26Hcm ; Handle:9L*4.5Wcm ; Tuyere:8L*3.5Wcm ; Grill:31.5L*18.5Wcm
Powerful and Portable: Hibachi and Travel grills are a dime a dozen, so if you want an inferior product, go ahead and find one of those nancy little aluminum messes that don’t retain heat properly, either burn your glorious meat, dry it out, or stick you with a mouthful of raw flesh right in the center.
Once you are done trying to make those work, you’ll buy a Sungmor Cast Iron grill and be happy for the rest of your days. It’s only 13 pounds of cast iron, but the heat retention is so good you really shouldn’t leave it on wood.
The size is perfect for packing while camping or making steaks during a romantic cookout as you savor one of the best microbrews in the land.
A necessary accessory for the go-everywhere grillsman.
More: The Best Chef’s Knives
Bison Stainless Steel Grill Head
- 14 gauge stainless steel, insulated hood
- Charcoal bed height adjustment
- Improved ventilation controls and larger charcoal baskets
- Top and bottom heat seals
- Front access ash pan
Stationary Charcoal: Most charcoal grills are meant to be mobile.
Weber perfected the kettle grill that can be rolled anywhere like a wheelbarrow, and there are now tons of foldable and Hibachi-style grills that can go anywhere.
But not every grillmaster wants his charcoal grill on the go. For these tong twirling maestros, there is the Bison Stainless.
The hood and the firebox have the necessary vents for temperature control.
It gives you much more cooking space than the average kettle or Hibachi charcoal and the room to maneuver your briquettes to create different heating environments across the surface.
It even lets you adjust the height of the coal for quick heating and cooling.
More: Best Coolers
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press; Built-in lid thermometer. Rust-resistant aluminum dampers
- One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher provides hassle-free ash cleanup
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Use the lid hook to avoid placing the lid on the ground while grilling
- Cooking grate is hinged for easily adding charcoal while grilling
Cheap, Classic, Perfect: One day, you will need to take over the role of grillmaster from your father, and when that time comes, the only way you can be ready is with the same basic, tried-and-true piece of hardware that he used: A Weber Kettle.
No matter what new technology is on the horizon or what strange voodoo the grill geniuses concoct, few things can outperform the old standby.
They still have the steel cooking grills and aluminum ash catchers to make your cleanup easy.
The excellent hood vent system and a built-in thermometer will give you a perfect atmosphere every time.
In an array of sizes and affordable prices, there are few reasons not to have one.
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API