You have had experience difficulty in transportation if you own a motorcycle or dirt bike. When you cannot ride your motorcycle, transporting it over long distances can be a problem.
That is where motorcycle hitch carriers come to the rescue. Motorcycle hitch carriers are valuable equipment that you should have in your garage in case of some trouble. They can be attached to the back of your car, and your motorcycle can easily be transported from one place to another.
In this article, we have made a list of the top 5 best motorcycle hitch carriers in 2021 and narrowed down the options for you.
Let’s get started:
1. Mockins Black Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Carrier
We are starting with one of the best motorcycle hitch carriers by Mockins. It comes with heavy-duty steel construction giving it maximum durability. This motorcycle hitch carrier can easily handle weight up to 500 lbs.
The hitch carrier’s dimensions are 73.5 inches long and 5.5 inches wide, while it weighs 61 lbs. A Mockins motorcycle hitch carrier is provided with an anti-rust coating to ensure it lasts long.
It will perfectly suit all vehicles with a 2-inch hitch receiver, allowing you to save some space. Another excellent feature of this motorcycle hitch carrier is the anti-tilt feature.
Moreover, the anti-tilt feature includes four heavy-duty ratchet straps and four loop straps that prevent shaking and wobbling.
This motorcycle hitch carrier makes it easy for you to transport your vehicle from one location to another to ensure its complete safety.
More: Best Motorcycle Covers
- 🚴 The bike rack and ramp is made from heavy duty steel and can haul capacities up to 500 pounds. The carrier also includes a pair of ratchet straps to help secure your ride
- 🚴 The hitch bike rack is 73.5” long X 31.5" wide X 5.5” with a total weight of 61 lbs & can load bikes with tires up to 5" wide. The hitch mounted bike carrier is finished with an anti rust coating for many years of use
- 🚴 Can to be used on all vehicles with a 2 inch hitch receiver so you can save space on your truck and enjoy your wheels in style
- 🚴 Anti tilt feature with 4 heavy duty ratchet straps and 4 loop straps to prevent your bike from shaking and wobbling during transit to avoid any damage or scratches to your motorized bike
- 🚴 CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: 3 Year Warranty - Our customers are our number 1 priority. If you have a questions or concerns about your dirt bike carrier please contact us and we will resolve any issues you may have. Transport your bike with ease!
2. EGO BIKE Steel Motorcycle Carrier
If you are looking for an average-sized motorcycle hitch carrier, this is the best choice for you. EGO motorcycle carrier comes with a very minimal design that has a maximum weight capacity of 500 lbs.
The best thing about it is that it features an anti-tilt locking device that keeps your bike grounded. While it has a very large weight capacity, this motorcycle hitch carrier’s total weight is just 50 lbs.
The overall dimension of this hitch carrier is 76 inches long and 7 inches wide. Another useful feature about this motorcycle hitch carrier is that it allows you to load the vehicle from either side.
Hence, it is an excellent option to invest in, and it will make it easy for you to transport your motorcycle from one place to the next.
More: Best Motorcycle Locks
- Anti-tilt locking device. To get a updated version, you can search for the ASIN B07NP82M1T on Amazon.
- Loading ramp and Designed to safely carry up to 500 lbs
- Multi-load (load from either side).
- 2" square receiver (class II, III, IV, OR V trailer hitch)
- Carrier overall dimensions: 76"(L) x 7"(W)
3. Rage Powersports MX-600X Steel Motorcycle Carrier
Next in line is another outstanding motorcycle hitch carrier by Rage. You are going to love this motorcycle hitch carrier for its durability and value for the money it offers.
For added durability, this motorcycle hitch carrier is given powder-coated steel construction. What we like the most about this tool is its weight capacity. It has the highest weight capacity of 600 lbs on this list.
Another attractive feature of this motorcycle hitch carrier is that it has a self-storing ramp. You can attach it to the carrier during transport. Moreover, it also comes with adjustable track spacing to fit larger or smaller wheels perfectly.
Hence, if you need a motorcycle hitch carrier with a high weight capacity, then you will never go wrong with this one.
More: Best Motorcycle Stands
- Durable, hitch-mounted motorcycle carrier; comes with self-storing ramp that can be attached to carrier during transport
- Track measures 6' 2.75" L x 5.5" W; ramp measures 5' 11.5" L x 7" W; maximum 600 lb weight capacity
- Includes a 5/8" hitch pin and anti-rattle device
- Adjustable track spacing for larger or smaller wheels
- Durable, powder-coated steel construction
4. SPECSTAR Aluminum Motorcycle Carrier
Specstar is a well-known manufacturer of motorcycle related tools, gears, and accessories. This motorcycle hitch carrier is also an example of their brilliance in the Moto industry.
Specstart motorcycle hitch carrier is made with heavy-duty aluminum and has a maximum weight capacity of 450 lbs. Besides, the aluminum construction makes it lightweight and rust-resistant.
Want to know the best part? It has a very practical design that allows you to load and unload motorcycles from both sides. It will ideally suit the hitch receiver of class III and IV. Moreover, this motorcycle hitch carrier is very easy to install, saving you from putting in the extra effort.
You will love it for its safety and reliability. It allows you to easily park your vehicle even when the carrier is not removed. Hence, now it is easier for you to carry your bike anywhere.
More: Best Gifts for Bikers
- PREMIUM MATERIALS - Made of a high-quality aluminum material, SPECSTAR Heavy Duty Aluminum Motorcycle Carrier will not rust and is lightweight enough for people to carry and use; With a load capacity of 450 lbs., it can stabilize and level most motorcycles and bikes
- EXCELLENT DESIGN - It features a movable ramp, allowing motorcycles to load or unload from both sides; The ramp can be securely attached with the carrier when driving for temporary storage; Equipped with pluggable screws, it is easy to bring your bike wherever you want to go
- SAFE & RELIABLE - Comes with 4 restraint bands to prevent the motorcycle from falling; Each band features adjustable length and a high-quality hook for your safety and convenience; There are several screws on the trailer hitch to lock the carrier firmly with your vehicle
- EASY INSTALLATION - With the complete assembly hardware and clear instructions, this motorcycle carrier can be easily assembled and operated, as all its assembly holes match up perfectly well for quick setup; Remember to finish final inspection of all bolts and mounts before the loading of your motorcycle to ensure your safety
- WIDE APPLICATIONS - It is suitable for wheels up to 5.5 inches wide and Class III or IV hitch receivers, which means it can work with a wide variety of vehicles; A necessary tool for all motorcycle enthusiasts, reducing the hassle of a hooking up and pulling a trailer around every time you want to ride
5. TMS T-NS-MRC001 500 Motorcycle Hitch Carrier
The Last motorcycle hitch carrier on this list demonstrates sheer durability and quality. This motorcycle hitch carrier from TMS is an ideal way to haul your dirt bikes, scooter, and motocross bikes.
The best thing about it is heavy-duty steel construction. Moreover, the frame is provided with powder-coating to protect against scratching, fading, and wearing. It will ideally suit 2 inches square receiver for class II, III, IV, and V trailer hitches.
Like many other options on this list, it also allows you to load and unload motorcycles from both sides. In fact, it even includes an anti-tilt locking device to prevent shaking and wobbling.
TMS motorcycle hitch carrier has a maximum weight capacity of 500 lbs and includes tie-down sites on both sides of the track for enhanced durability. Hence, you will not be disappointed buying this one of the best motorcycle hitch carriers.
- TMS presents this brand new motorcycle carrier. This is a great way to haul your motocross bike, scooters, and off road dirt bikes. Made of heavy-duty steel, the durable frame is powder coated to resist chipping, scratching, fading, and wearing. The carrier is made to fit a 2" square receiver for class II, III, IV, or V trailer hitches. It features a a dual sided loading ramp, making it very easy to load your bike.
- Features an anti-tilt locking device to prevent wobbling and includes tie down sites on either side of the track for added security. The T-NS-MRC001 is time tested and proven to be the most reliable solution for hauling motocross bikes, scooters and off road dirt bikes.
- Stop hauling your bikes in the bed of a truck taking up valuable storage space, and subjecting your bike to damage. With this carrier you are able to transport your bike with ease letting you focus whats really important, the enjoyment of riding.
- Designed to safely haul up to 500 LBS. Material : powder coated Steel. Color : Black .
- Hitch fits a standard 2" square class III, IV, or V receiver.
Buyer’s Guide For The Best Motorcycle Hitch Carriers
Here are a few things you must consider before buying the best motorcycle hitch carriers, as it will help you avoid any unnecessary fuss.
- Easy to use:
Hitch carrier can be useful for your bike, but choosing the right item will help you cherish it better! As noticed, hitch carriers are very easy to use as compared to other transport mechanisms for motorcycles. Yet attaching them to your bike or car can be a bit time consuming and challenging to carry. Here we would suggest getting yourself a product that gives easy installation with an easy to carry component to face an uncertain situation. Moreover, some of the manufacturers provide instruction manuals along with the necessary tools so that it will be easy for you to assemble.
Price is another essential thing to look at no matter what item you’re buying because that’s what gives the true value to your buying purpose. As for hitch carriers, the price may affect some buyers because the more you pay, the more you get! The starting price of hitch carriers is $70-$300 with different quality factors. However, the average price for them is nearly $100-$200 in which you can easily get a suitable product.
The quality of a product is not only what matters but how long it will last! When looking for a hitch carrier, make sure that it can easily handle the motorbike and does not shake. The carrier must provide the maximum stability to the bike, or else you may suffer. A hitch carrier that securely holds the motorcycle is what you need and reliable enough to last long.
- Weight of the bike:
Before buying the hitch carrier, you should know how compatible your bike is with the weight because a carrier can easily pull off a lot of weight. In addition to this, you are suggested to get the most suitable hitch carrier for your bike because choosing the wrong item will make you suffer. If your motorcycle is lightweight, then you should go for a carrier of 400-pound weight capacity. And if you have a heavy bike, then you should look for a hitch carrier in the material of aluminum or steel. On the other hand, if you choose anything out of concern, then you can face problems like unreliable fastening, unwanted vibrations, instability, etc.
There are two types of material in hitch carriers, either steel or aluminum. Both of them have a different function with some downsides as well. For instance, if you choose aluminum, they are lighter than steel and can carry lightweight motorcycles. The best part of aluminum hitch carriers is that they are easy to mount compared to steel carriers due to their lightweight and rust-free.
Moreover, steel hitch carriers are bulkier than aluminum and have given holes for the unnecessary place to maintain the balance. The best part of steel hitch carriers is that they can carry heavy bikes easily.
Benefits of Using a Motorcycle Carrier
There are a lot of benefits to using a motorcycle hitch carrier, from the compact nature and going up to the versatility of the product. The hitch carriers are a great way to transport your ride without sacrificing quality and convenience. Among the tons of benefits are:
- High-quality hitch carriers come with anti-tilt locking and anti-wobble devices.
- The motorcycle hitch carriers will let you safely and efficiently bring your bike wherever you want to go.
- Usually, you can install the hitch carrier on your vehicle in your garage.
- Choosing a hitch carrier for your motorcycle tends to be a more cost-effective approach.
- The hitch carriers are a more fuel-efficient way of transporting than towing a trailer along with your vehicle.
- By using a hitch carrier, you can free up storage inside of the vehicle.
- Motorcycle hitch carriers are very easy to load and unload. Usually, you can do this from either side.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Motorcycle Hitch Carriers Legal?
Motorcycle hitch carriers are a perfectly legal way to transport your motorcycle. Provided the hitch pin is secured correctly and you use straps and a wheel stop or wheel chock, it is safe and legal. Most carriers the reviews mention a somewhat blocked view of the road behind you, even with the best options. If you are bothered by this, you can compensate with extra mirrors to ensure that you are safe on the road at all times.
Are Motorcycle Hitch Carriers Safe?
Although they are just as safe as a trailer, they offer more convenience. It’s harder to maneuver a car when you’re hauling a trailer, and it’s also more challenging to park. Some motorcycle hitch carriers allow you to transport two bikes just like a trailer. You just need to be sure to stay within the weight limits of the vehicle and the hitch.
Is a Motorcycle Hitch Carrier Much Safer Than Hauling With a Trailer?
Usually, people prefer trailers, but motorcycle hitch carriers are equally safer and reliable. You can haul many bikes with trailers, but it is quite a hassle if you’re on a trip.
You are more likely to experience some difficulties when maneuvering with a trailer. The journey will be stress-free with hitch carriers. Although there are some restrictions on parking a trailer, the requirements differ from one state to another. At least, a carrier can haul up to two bikes without any hassles.
How Do I Know If a Motorcycle Hitch Carrier Will Be Compatible With My Vehicle And Motorcycle?
Check that your motorcycle and hitch carrier’s load rating is within your vehicle’s tongue weight. The carrier will come with a sticker that presents the maximum weight it can hold.
Will The Hitch Carrier Block My Number Plate or The Tail Lights?
Hitch carriers are usually constructed so that they cannot block your tail lights or your number plate.
What Does Tongue Weight Capacity Mean?
The tongue weight capacity is the maximum weight your vehicle can hold on the hitch. You can check the owner’s manual for this information. Another way to quickly determine an approximate tongue weight capacity is by taking your vehicle’s total towing capacity and dividing it by 10.
How Can I Install a Motorcycle Hitch Trailer?
You will first need to connect the supporting brackets to the trailer hitch bar for most setups and put the carrier between the two of them. After this, place the anti-tilt device on the hitch. Lastly, place the rack on the hitch and connect the hitch pin. Also, mount the ramp if it’s included. You need to make sure the carrier is stable before loading your bike.
How Can I Know If a Hitch Carrier is Compatible With My Motorcycle and Car?
Your bike’s load rating plus that of the hitch carrier needs to be within the vehicle’s tongue weight. All hitch carriers will have an informational sticker, which will say the maximum weight it can hold.
Will it Damage My Vehicle or Hitch?
If it’s installed correctly and onto a compatible hitch, you won’t damage the vehicle. You can use a wheel stop or wheel chock when loading the bike. Also, pay careful attention to the hitch pin because it’s essential. If you drive carefully and secure your ride correctly, your vehicle and hitch will remain in good condition.
How Can I Keep My Hitch Bike Rack From Swaying?
The majority of hitch carriers come with an anti-tilt locking device or an anti-rattle device. These features will stabilize the motorbike and prevent it from swaying back and forth. You can fasten the motorcycle with straps directly to the carrier if you need a bit of extra security.
Motorcycle hitch carriers will be a precious tool for you if you frequently travel around and want to take your bike with you. They will keep your bike secure and grounded on long journeys.
From the above list, our favorite motorcycle hitch carrier is EGO BIKE Steel Motorcycle Carrier. It is undoubtedly one of the best motorcycle hitch carriers and has a lot to offer you. We love it for its versatility, and you don’t have to dig deep when buying it.
Like this post? Check Out Others Here
Looking for the Best Products? Check out our Store
Last update on 2021-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API