I’ll wager that your washing machine is unloved.
It’s most likely tucked away in the laundry and cleaned reluctantly and rarely. Yet, it’s expected to remove the grime of life on a daily basis without fuss.
Everything is fine and dandy until, one day, it isn’t, and your dirty clothes start piling up.
So, what goes wrong with a washer, and what can you do to keep yours spinning? The good news is that you can cheaply and easily repair most common faults.
Percentages are the proportion of faulty machines reported in our latest reliability survey that exhibited the particular problem.
- ✅【ITEM SPECIALITY & DURABLE】---Techecook W10276397 Washer Drain Pump sits at the back of your washer and pumps water out during the drain cycle. It is made of strong & durable plastic which prevents cracking and leaking during the installation and use process.We offer a 365 day WARRANTY.
- ✅【PACKAGE INCLUDES】---Includes 1 x W10276397 Washing Machine Water Pump (120V, 60Hz, 0.95A, Class 105).If Motor failed and making loud noises ，not draining, or body is cracked and water is leaking on the floor, you can replace the drain pump to solve these symptoms.
- ✅【COMPATIBLE MODEL】---Techecook W10276397 pump is made exactly fit for most top name brands (Whirl-pool, May-tag, Ken-more, Amana, Crosley, Inglis, Roper, Admiral), and replaces part numbers: W10276397 WPW10276397VP 1874334 AP6018417 PS11751719 EAP11751719 B40-3A 91PS3132.
- ✅【365-DAYS WARRANTY】---During the warranty period, if the Washer Drain Pump W10276397 has quality problem or other reasons, we support return, replacement or refund. Customer satisfaction is our unremitting pursuit. If you are not satisfied with the product, please contact us immediately. Techecook team always offers a 365 days WARRANTY.
- ✅【DIY INSTALLATION】---The installation needs to use work gloves.You can find the repair video on YouTube and follow it to install Techecook Drain Pump W10276397 , as there were plenty of do it yourself videos on there that helped guide you on the repair, saving you hundreds of dollars over calling in a repairman to fix something that a homeowner can do themselves! Great Product and Great Price!
- ✅ ONE YEAR WARRANTY - The product W10780048 Washer Suspension Rod Kit supports 1 YEAR return and exchange.Our company attaches great importance to the shopping experience of each customer.Risk-free shopping, If you have any quality problem during warranty period, please contact customer service in time. We will try our best to solve the problem. Customer satisfaction is our tireless pursuit.
- ✅ PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS - ①These rod/spring assemblies are approximately 23.6 inches in length.②Suspension rod W10780048 supports the washer tub and keeps it stable during unbalanced loads. acts as a shock absorber that allows the washer tub to move while helping minimize vibration in the spin mode. If the washer goes out of balance and shakes with each load, this kit may fix the problem. The unbalanced load error "uL" in Cabrio style machines is often caused by faulty suspension.
- ✅ PACKAGE INCLUDES - 4 x W10780048 Washer Suspension Rod, 4 x suspension balls and 4 x suspension ball housing.The suspension rods help to dampen the movement of the washer tub. If one or more of the suspension rods are broken, the washer will vibrate or shake.
- ✅ REPLACEMENT PART No. - W10780048 Washer Suspension Rod replaces W10257087 W10257088 W10349191 W10349193 W10748952 W10821948 4185114 AP5971398 EAP11703290 PS11703290 Replacement for Whirlpool Ken-more Roper Admiral Amana Crosley Washers
- ✅ PREMIUM QUALITY - The W10780048 Washer Suspension Rods Damper is made of premium quality material, non OEM but quality equal to OEM requirements . High quality,good price, fast Amazon official logistics.Installed easy faster, saving you time and energy.
- ✅【ITEM SPECIALITY & DURABLE】--- Techecook 285753A Motor Coupling Kit is a flexible coupling on the motor shaft connection to the direct-drive transmission. If the drive system seizes up, the coupling breaks to protect the drive motor from damage. 285753a coupler is made of high strong quality material and is upgraded with METAL core to ensure last long and work effectively.
- ✅【PACKAGE INCLUDES】---285753A Heavy Duty Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupler Coupling Kit, including 2 plastic motor couplings and 1 motor isolation.
- ✅【180-DAYS WARRANTY】---During the warranty period, if the 285753a washer motor coupler has quality problem or other reasons, we support return, replacement or refund. Customer satisfaction is our unremitting pursuit. If you are not satisfied with the product, please contact us immediately. Techecook team always offers a 180 days WARRANTY.
- ✅【COMPATIBLE MODEL】---Techecook 285753a washer motor coupler coupling kit Fit for Whirl-pool , Ken-more, Roper, Estate, and other Washers.►Replaces part numbers：285753A, AP3963893, 1195967, 21003, 280152, 285140, 285743, 285753, 285753AVP, 3352470, 3363664, 3364002, 3364003, 62672, 62693, 661560, 80008, 8559748, AH1485646, EA1485646.
- ✅【DIY INSTALLATION】---Disconnect the power before installing this part. Wear work gloves to protect your hands.You can find the repair video on YouTube and follow it to install Techecook 285753A motor coupler, as there were plenty of do it yourself videos on there that helped guide you on the repair, saving you hundreds of dollars over calling in a repairman to fix something that a homeowner can do themselves! Great Product and Great Price!
- ✅【ITEM SPECIALITY & DURABLE】---Techecook 137221600 134051200 Washer Drain Pump removes water from the washer during the drain portion .Drain pump 137221600 product includes a firmly attached red flapper,it Prevents drain backflow,supports heavy duties and promotes efficiency.
- ✅【PACKAGE INCLUDES】--- 1 x 137221600 Front Load Drain Pump,1 x mounting base and 1 x screw,the product specs of this washer drain pump are: Frequency: 60Hz, Watts: 85W and Voltage: 120V. 137221600 frigidaire washer pump is made from durable high quality material for long lasting.
- ✅【365-DAYS WARRANTY】---Risk-free shopping, if the 137221600 Washing Machine Drain Pump has quality problem or other reasons, we support return, replacement or refund. Customer satisfaction is our unremitting pursuit. If you are not satisfied with the product, please contact us immediately. The Techecook team always offers a 365-DAYS WARRANTY.
- ✅【COMPATIBLE MODEL】---137221600 137151800 Drain Pump is made exactly fit for most top name brands washing machine (Frigidair.e, Westinghouse, Ken-more, Gibson, Crosley, Uni, Electrolux), and replaces part numbers:►Replaces part numbers：137108100, AP5684706, 137151800, 137151800, 131724000, 134051200, 134740500, 137108100, 2754548, ER137108100, PS7783938, TJ137108100,etc.
- ✅【DIY INSTALLATION】--- Disconnect the power before installing this part. Wear work gloves to protect your hands.You’ll just need a Phillips screwdriver, pliers, towel, needle nose pliers, and small flathead screwdriver. Washer pump 137221600 is easy to install, you can find the repair video on YouTube and follow it to install it.Just a heads up once the pump is removed make sure you clean out the rubber boot and make sure your hose is fastened to the drain.
Before you start
If you’re not keen on tackling the repair yourself, enlist the services of a local specialist.
They can access spare parts that can be hard to locate, and you won’t be left rueing your over-ambition as they’ll guarantee their work should something go wrong.
Most washers report an error code when something goes wrong.
Deciphering the code will help point you to the fault. The manual should explain the codes. Otherwise, you can likely find it online (just search the code and your brand/model).
Electronic circuits 25%, Controls not working 14%
Have you checked the machine is plugged in, switched on at the wall, and the fuse hasn’t blown, or the circuit breaker tripped?
Next, make sure the door or lid has shut properly. Most front loaders have an interlock that confirms the door is closed.
If the interlock has failed, it’s relatively simple to replace. Top loaders have a lid switch that does the same job.
If you’re unlucky, the control board or power supply is cooked (though these are relatively rare faults). Those are expensive parts to replace, and you’ll need to call in an expert.
Check the machine isn’t stuck mid-cycle, that any child lock function hasn’t been inadvertently switched on, and there’s no water sitting in the drum.
If these pass muster, you may have a broken door handle. It should be a cheap and easy repair (though some machines need a whole new door).
Not draining 21%
Inside the machine, water from the drum flows through a sump hose, a filter (if your machine has one), then the pump before exiting through the drain hose.
You can use gravity to drain water without the pump – unplug the drain hose and make sure it is lower than the drum. If it doesn’t drain, you likely have a blocked hose or filter.
If the pump’s kaput, it doesn’t mean the whole machine is ready for the scrapheap – pumps aren’t expensive and can be replaced relatively easily.
Not spinning 12%, Out of balance 11%, Motor broke 8%
The wash cycle runs, but the drum doesn’t spin. You might notice because your clothes are soaking wet after a program has finished.
First, check the load isn’t too big or small – both can result in the drum getting unbalanced while spinning.
To prevent damage, some machines won’t spin an unbalanced load.
If the drum isn’t turning during the wash or spin cycle, check the motor belt hasn’t broken or slipped off – when you rotate the drum by hand, you should feel some resistance to it turning (that’s the belt turning the Motor). A belt is an easy fix.
A less likely cause is worn motor brushes. These consumable parts wear down over time. If your machine is older than five years, you may need to replace them.
New brushes are cheap, though you may need to remove the motor to fit them.
The least likely of all is a broken motor or control module. Those are expensive and need specialist repair expertise.
Noisy 12%, Bearings 7%
First, work out what type of noise it is and where it’s coming from.
If the noise is coming from low down, sounds like a loud rattle, and only happens when water is being drained, you could have something stuck in the pump or filter.
Most of the time, the pump will push these objects out with the water, but sometimes they lodge and can cause damage.
Bearing failures cause a grinding sound when the drum spins. Bearings should be a relatively simple replacement, but many are now built into the drum assembly, making them impossible to repair economically.
Bearing failures are rare, though. To confirm, try turning the drum by hand – it should turn smoothly with little noise.
Leaks contributed to a mere 6% of faulty machines in our survey. That’s probably because we only asked about failures in washers less than five years old.
As rubber hoses and seals get older, we’d expect them to figure more prominently in the stats.
You should check water supply hoses periodically for cracking signs and replace them every five years to prevent a flooding disaster.
Regularly examine the door seal for damage and cracking. If you need to replace a failing (or moldy) door seal, it’s a surprisingly cheap and easy job.
Like this post? Check Out Others Here
Looking for the Best Products? Check out our Store
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API