You’re looking for a 6×9 area rug. Size like that means it could leave a big hole in your household budget. It will almost definitely become a main focal point in whatever room in your home you put it in.
The many brands and collections in an array of colors, materials, and borders don’t make this an easy choice.
Here are some tips to help you buy just the right one among all those 6×9 area rugs in the market.
Best 6 by 9 Area Rug
1. Gorilla Grip Original Premium Area Rug Gripper Pad, 6′ x 9′ Size
- The Original Extra Strong Gripper: our trusted Gorilla Grip nonadhesive rug pads offer a unique, dual sided grip that firmly holds onto both the rug pad and your hard floor to help prevent rug movement
- Reduces Rug Bunching and Sliding: slip resistant pads help reduce rug bunching and sliding, even over frequently visited areas of your home; the ideal option for homes with kids and pets
- Thick and Long Lasting Cushioning: thick cushioning adds extra comfort helping to make rugs cozier and softer under foot; rug pads also help reduce everyday noise in busy areas; constructed of premium materials for long lasting quality to help keep rugs in place for years to come
- Superior Floor Protection: open grid design allows floors to breath and helps protect from damage; rug pads are reversible, vacuum friendly, and constructed from premium materials
- Easy Installation: available in the most popular sizes for easy installation; trim pad with scissors for unique sizes and shapes; put the pad down, place the rug on top and trim off any excess material
2. Mohawk Home Felt Rubber All Surface Non-Slip Rug Pad, 6′ x 9′, Brown
- NON-SLIP GRIP: The durable slip resistant latex rubber backing side supports precise rug placement and helps to prevent slipping, bunching, and wrinkles, as well as keeping the rug surface smooth on the floor to make vacuuming easier.
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION: Durable and cushioned, the felt surface and latex backing will protect your flooring from possible long-term damage, such as scratches, scrapes, punctures, and other types of abrasion wear.
- FLOOR VERSATILITY: For carpet, simply place the rug pad beneath your rug with the felt side down. For hardwood and other similar surfaces, place the pad under your rug with the rubber side facing down.
- CUSHION VARIETY: This rug pad is available in two thickness options: 3/8” and ¼”, offering plush underfoot cushioning height to fit in any space.
- VERSATILE SIZING: Available in a variety of popular area rug sizes such as 2x8, 8x10, and 5x8, this rug pad can also be customized using scissors to fit any size in between by cutting 2 inches smaller than the rug size. (1-2 inch short of the rug perimeter)
3. Ninja Brand Gripper Rug Pad, Size 6 Feet x 9 Feet, for Hardwood Floors and Hard Surfaces
- Ultra Strong Grip: designed with an extra strong grip bottom to help keep rugs in place to help prevent bunching and sliding; great for families with children and pets; not for use on carpet, vinyl, lacquered, acrylic, natural stone, porous, or refinished surfaces
- Floor Protection: non adhesive, lightweight and durable construction for long lasting use, low profile design is great for hard floors helping to protect from everyday wear and tear, scuffs and scratches; for use only on clean dry floors
- Durable Open Weave Construction: open weave construction allows for easy vacuuming and helps floors to breathe preventing buildup of dust and odors; unique pattern offers generous coverage and protection while simultaneously helping air to circulate
- Easy to Use: available in most standard rug sizes for easy installation; pads can be trimmed down for a custom fit; choose pad that most closely matches the size of your rug and trim pad with scissors if necessary; great for both unique and standard size shapes
- Versatile Uses: not just for floors; pads can be cut and used to add grip to kitchen cabinets or drawers, slipping futons, couch cushions and under mattresses
4. Safavieh Adirondack Collection Ivory and Silver Oriental Vintage Medallion Area Rug (6′ by 9′)
- [STAIN RESISTANT & NON-SHEDDING]: Expertly machine-woven from enhanced synthetic durable fibers that are stain resistant and have a virtually non-shedding 0.45-inch thick pile
- [KID AND PET-FRIENDLY]: Safe for everyday indoor high foot traffic and areas more prone to life’s unpredictable messes from kid or pet activity
- [TRENDY STYLE]: Oriental medallion design beautifully enhances any room of the home, from the living room, dining room, bedroom, entryway, nursery, dorm room, study, home office, or eat-in kitchen
- [EASY MAINTENANCE & DURABLE]: Stress-free cleaning includes regular vacuuming and gently blotting out minor stains with a mild detergent or carpet cleaner
- [TRUSTED BRAND]: SAFAVIEH has been a trusted brand and leader in home furnishings for over 100 years, using their expertise in crafting trendy high-quality designs; Begin your rug search with Safavieh and explore over 100,000 products today
5. Nourison Aloha Indoor/Outdoor Floral Blue/Multicolor Area Rug (6′ x 9′)
- Flat weave style surface with cut pile patterns
- Cleaning instructions: rinse with hose, air-dry both sides. To extend the life of your outdoor rug, Bring indoors during extreme weather.
- Pile Height: . 25"
- Common size: 6'X9'
- This rug includes Floral patterns in blue, orange, green, navy, and camel add a festive touch of the tropics to your patio or deck.
6×9 Area Rug Consideration
The first consideration will always be where you will put your new rug. What area of the home are you planning to put this rug? Maybe it’s for the family room, foyer or other areas where it will be heavily trodden on? These medium-sized area rugs are best in low-traffic areas like the formal dining room.
For high-traffic, consider bamboo rugs. They’re very durable, resist fading and staining, and are easy to clean. They’re eco-chic as well. Polypropylene is a synthetic with the same advantages. Plus it gives off a feeling of luxury albeit faux. Remember, it’s for a rather large area.
Selecting anything for the home can be stressful. Knowing where your new 6 x 9 area rug will go and the material it needs to be made of relieves the anxiety somewhat.
If you don’t like bamboo go for a shag. Especially if it’s not for heavy traffic.
Another great choice for high traffic areas is the indoor/outdoor synthetic fiber rugs. They’re mold and mildew proof to boot. If your 6×9 rug won’t be taking much abuse then there are Persian wool versions. Persian rugs are, after all, the standard. If they’re too pricey, look for shag rugs made of acrylic yarn. They’re hand-tufted and made to resemble the originals.
To broaden your rugs 6×9 choices, why not check what’s online. These samples will excite your inner decorator, and hopefully, be just what you’re looking for.
“Jaipur” Persian wool braided rugs are handmade but durable. Designs come from ancient traditions. They’re made of 100% seared wool with a 100% cotton canvas backing. Chinese artisans, hand-tuft, and color these rugs with natural dyes.
Another option, the Safavieh Collection is inspired by designs in Safavieh’s Peshawar rug archives. These are hand-tufted in India, made from 100% wool. Safavieh also has a variety of rug designs from American Country styles and 19th and early 20th Century European Art.
For a “greener” look, Natural Area Rugs makes rustic sisal 6 x 9 area rugs with cotton backing. These use environmentally friendly processes and are crafted in the U.S.
The Buffalo Trail area rugs by Tatonka are machine-woven using polypropylene. They’re five inches thick and are embedded with stripes of buffalo and tribal designs. These Southwest tribal design rugs have patterns in khaki, tan, brown, brick red, and olive.
All sorts of 6×9 area rugs are available in a variety of designs, fibers, and prices. So if there’s a large section in your home that needs to make a statement, start your search. Otherwise, it’s like there’s a large empty hole, six feet by nine, on the floor. And that’s most definitely not what you want to be seeing.
6 by 9 Area Rugs
Before investing in a 6×9 area rug, you should always ask yourself what area of the home are you planning to put this rug? Is it for a high traffic area of the home such as the family room or foyer?
Or are you going to use it in the area of the home that doesn’t get a lot of foot traffic such as the dining room or library?
Do you have indoor pets or children?
Bamboo 6 × 9 area rugs
If you’re planning on putting your 6×9 area rug in a high traffic area of the house, you are going to want to invest in a rug that is durable, soil, stain and fade-resistant, and easy to clean made from a material such as the 100% natural fiber bamboo, which is also environmentally friendly.
Another good choice is an area rug made from 100% polypropylene, which feels soft, plush, and warm feeling.
Indoor/outdoor 6 × 9 area rugs
Another great choice for high traffic areas is the indoor/outdoor type 6×9 area rugs. These rugs are made from synthetic fibers that will hold up to heavy foot traffic in a busy family room.
Rugs made from synthetic fibers will resist stains and mildew and can be easily cleaned by spraying with a hose. In a high traffic area, you should also make sure that the rug has a non-slip backing. A premium-log rug pad is highly recommended.
Persian wool 6 × 9 area rugs
If you are planning on using your 6×9 area rug in an area of the house that doesn’t see a lot of traffic, you can’t beat the look of Persian wool. Persian wool rugs bestow an inviting atmosphere to a room, lending an attractive, warm ambiance.
However, professional cleaning is recommended for these rugs so keep that in mind when selecting an area of the home in which to place them.
Euro shag 6×9 area rugs
If you are planning to use your 6×9 area rug in the living room area, a wonderful choice would be a shag type rug. These soft yet sleek area rugs are made from thick, twisted acrylic yarn that is hand-tufted.
The resulting deep pile is extremely comfortable and has a luxurious look and feel. The deep pile also helps to keep the dirt from being ground into the fibers.
No matter what your design style is or what area of the home you need to make a statement, there’s sure to be a 6 by 9 rug that will do the trick. With so many choices on the market, it’s just a matter of finding the right one for you. So start your search today and enjoy the new look of your home tomorrow.
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API