Spend on your health and well-being by purchasing the best treadmill for you and your family. Although they are not a cheap investment, the best treadmills are the best bet when you decide to control your health, strengthen your immune system and increase your confidence.
Running on a treadmill is one of the most effective cardio workouts nowadays. We know that you need $1000- $2000 to satisfy your cardio goals in the past, but now the story has been changed. You can have a pretty good treadmill for under $500 with more robust motors, improved designs, and unique features.
After reviewing dozens of products, we have collected here the top 5 best treadmills under $500. With these treadmills, you can save your waistline and wallet both; they function as nicely as their prices.
1. Best Folding Treadmill: Merax Folding Electric Treadmill Motorized Running Machine Easy Assembly Electric Treadmills for Home
The Merax Folding Electric Treadmill is our top product because of its unique features and robust characteristics. Just get into this and adjust it accordingly by using handlebar controls. Its 12 programs enable you to set your plans and speed as per your goals. Speed can vary from 0.8 to 10km/h. Furthermore, you don’t need to worry about your height or size as the 16” wide running belt gives you enough space. Achieve your cardio goals with this treadmill quickly.
The easily operate-able control panel shows distance, speed, heart rate, and calories burned. It comes with a tablet and a cup holder that is placed on the side of the display. Keep on checking your heart rate to get good results. Another incredible feature is that it also has built-in dual speakers that enable you to listen to your favorite playlist along with the workout.
It can withstand almost 240lbs weight. You will love the quiet and efficient motor of this fitness treadmill. Enjoy exercising without any noise. This running treadmill comes with all the instructions and tools. You don’t have to put much effort into assembling it. Just unfold it, tighten the screws, and your treadmill is ready to go. The wheels on the underside make transportation easy and also helps in protecting the floor.
- Powerful motor.
- Good running track.
- Easy to assemble.
- Have a cup-holder.
- Safety key
- Great for walking, jogging, and running.
- Easy transportation.
- Comes with a warranty.
- 12 workout programs.
- 【Real Space Saver】Super fast and easy assembly. This Merax folding treadmill boasts a compact footprint and fast folding design with convenient transportation wheels to move around without hassle. You can either store it in your living room, study, a small corner or under the bed.
- 【Multi-functional Display with Speakers】Multi-functional LCD Display to track your performance in time, speed, distance and calories burnt, promising a superior and effective home treadmill workout. Simply plug in your phone or insert USB flash drive, and you can emerge into training with your workout playlist. Phone/Pad deck available.
- 【Strong 1.5HP Motor】A smooth and quiet 1.5HP treadmill motor allows for 12 preset programs and 3 count-down modes, supports speeds ranging from 0.8 – 12 KM/H (0.5 – 7.5 MPH) to help you meet a variety of fitness goals.
- 【Convenient Shortcut Buttons】Quick buttons on handles help instantly start or stop the running machine or easily change speed settings during workout. This Merax treadmill is also specially designed with a high-density lawn texture belt that absorbs shock for premium comfort with non-slip feature for maximum safety.
- Merax treadmill product Size: 55” x 23.5” x 43”. Folded Size: 29.5” x 23.5” x 49”. Max weight capacity: 240 LBS. To play music via speaker, use flash drive only (.mp3 format). The USB port does not support playing music on phone.
2. Best Walking Treadmill: OppsDecor Under Desk Treadmill 2in1 Pad Treadmill Folding Electric Treadmill Remote Control Walking Running Machine
The OppsDecor Under desk treadmill is another good treadmill under $500. Whether you are just planning to work out to increase your steps to make yourself in shape or want to lose your inches by running, this 2 in 1 pad treadmill can be used for both walking and running. Adjust the speed according to your needs. If you want to use this for walking, lower the handrail, make it an under desk treadmill, and the maximum speed would be 2.5mile/h. However, in case you want to run, then raise the railing, and the full running speed would be 7.5mile/h.
This treadmill is of high quality, made with steel, and the multi-layer belt in it is anti-slip. You can get an excellent workout experience because of the back, ankle, and knee joints’ useful cushioning. The strap is constructed with durable and sturdy material; this helps it to withstand the strenuous workout.
It is an ideal treadmill to fold compactly and put wherever you want, either in the living room or under the bed. You can run with the quiet motor, and this lets you walk or run without disturbing anyone.
This keeps you active, promotes a healthy and active life as it improves endurance while enhancing blood circulation. Get ready for coming in shape, burn more calories, and be more productive with this treadmill.
The LED displays everything that includes speed, distance, time, and calories burned. The remote control system enables you to easy to operate through a phone app or Bluetooth connectivity. Built-in safety features allow you to shut it off quickly in case of an emergency.
More: Best Rowing Machines
- Premium quality.
- Powerful motor.
- Enhance blood circulation.
- Durable and portable.
- Multi-layer belt.
- Remote control.
- Maximum weight capacity: 120kg/265lbs.
- 【Walking & Running Treadmill】Unlike normal treadmill, this treadmill can be used 2 ways. It becomes to under desk treadmill when the handrail does not rise, the highest speed is 2.5mile/h, you can make a soft walk; It becomes to running treadmill just raise the handrail, the highest speed is 7.5mile/h, you can running as normally. Whether you want to walk slowly or run fast, it will satisfy you.
- 【Shock Absorption Running Belt & Space-Saver】Frame is made of high quality steel, anti-slip anti-static lawn texture belt, multi-layer composite belt provides useful cushioning for ankle, back and knee joints which gives you excellent experience of running. Compact , foldable, and wheels on the treadmill make the treadmill easier to put away after use. It only at 5” tall when folding, you could store it in your living room, study, a small corner or under the bed. Ideal for exercise fitness and
- 【Quiet & Power】The treadmill base has a high-quality, ultra quiet 2.25HP Motor that lets you walk and work without disturbing others. LED display computer tracks Time, Speed, Calories burned and Distance. You can be more productive, tone your muscles, burn more calories, and feel less tired. Imagine logging several miles and thousands of steps everyday!
- 【App & Phone Holder & Remote Controller】The App is available for IOS & Android & works with various devices such as phones, tablets via Bluetooth connectivity. Easy operation with double control, you can control the treadmill speed or stop the treadmill by pressing the dashboard or remote control. Treadmill has phone holder for Entertainment, You can use your phone easily while exercising. It comes with built in safety key to ensure instant shut-off under emergency situation.
- 【Service】Our products are all in US warehouse, you can receive it soon. We offer you 100% satisfaction to let you buy with confidence. Friendly Customer Service. We are quite sure that you will be super-impressed with DURABILITY, PORTABILITY and HIGH QUALITY of our treadmill.
3. Best Treadmill Under $500: Sunny Health & Fitness Portable Treadmill with Auto Incline SF-T7705
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7705 Portable Treadmill is a unique folding treadmill that is different from the ordinary ones. You can use it in two different ways, like walking and running machines. When the handle is not raised, the maximum speed is 0.5-4mph; it can be used for walking or jogging. While if the handle is not raised, then the maximum running speed changes to 0.5-7.5mph.
You will not miss the gym now, as you will meet your goals while staying in the comfort of your home. Besides losing weight, a good treadmill helps improve your body posture, makes you more active, and stimulates your mental health.
The motor used in this treadmill is made of premium quality and has a shock-absorbing nature. You can run more comfortably and safely because of its 7-layer cushioning design. Furthermore, you don’t need to worry about slipping; the anti-slip running belt not only absorbs impact but also protects your knees. Thus, you can keep on running without worrying about the narrowing of the belt.
Unlike other treadmills, the assembly of this machine is effortless. You just need to rotate the knob when you need to assemble it without using any screws; it is good to go. The wheels allow you to transport this treadmill wherever you want.
Another fantastic feature of this treadmill is that you can control this machine through dual methods. You can either adjust it through the remote control or the through the buttons on the digital monitor control panel. Set your personal plan of exercise by using 12 programs and three modes.
- Good quality treadmill.
- Shock absorbent.
- Quiet motor.
- Easy to operate.
- Compact and foldable.
- No assembly is required.
- The incline setting could be better.
- 9 built-in workout programs.
- Auto-incline – no manual incline.
- Speed range: 0.5 – 9.0 MPH
- Auto-incline, improve your cardio routine 15 incline levels creating plenty of resistance to achieve a maximum burn at any time
- Digital monitor and sunny fitness app-superior digital technology assists in tracking your speed, time, distance, calories/incline, steps and body fat percentage
- Portable, folding and transporting the treadmill is simple with the built-in transportation wheels and Hassle-Free folding design
- Shock Absorption-sunny solved common joint/pain problems associated with running on pavement by creating built in shock Absorption to ease stress on your joints which helps lengthen your workout
- Device holder, securely place your phone or tablet comfortably with the device holder
4. Best Affordable Treadmill: Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Fitness Electric Treadmill
The Goplus 2 in 1 Folding fitness electric treadmill is a new and updated version of the treadmills available. Similar to the above-discussed treadmill, this also has 2 in 1 function. The riser folds to become perfect for walking with the maximum speed of 2.5mph, while if you raise the handrail, the maximum running speed is 7.5mph. So, this treadmill goes excellent with families, as it is suitable for everyone.
Furthermore, the motor is made with a sturdy and durable steel frame that keeps it intact from all the shocks. High efficiency, quiet motor enables you to run or walk comfortably without distractions. The running belt in it is also anti-slip and provides cushioning for ankles, back, knees, joints, and muscles. Thus your body parts will stay protected.
You don’t need to worry if you are short in space, as this can be easily adjusted in small homes or compartments. The wheels allow quick transportation and can be placed at your desired location. The 12 exercise programs and three modes will enable you to adjust your workout plan as per your cardio goals. You can track your workout speed, time, distance, and calories burned using the LED display. The system’s control can be done either by a remote control system or through the control panel.
Along with all other features, this also meets your entertainment needs as it has a mobile stand. This treadmill doesn’t need assembling, just open it, and it is ready to use. The package includes free replacement parts that you can use in case something goes wrong. It also has a lubricant in the box that may prove beneficial for the machine’s efficiency.
More: Best Fitness Trackers
- Can be used for both walking and running.
- Silent and sturdy motor.
- No assembly is required.
- Remote control.
- Non-slip edges.
- Quality assured.
- INNOVATIVE 2-IN-1 FOLDING TREADMILL-- Compared to ordinary treadmills, our 2-in-1 treadmill has 2 modes to meet your different sports needs. When the riser is folded, it can be used as a jogging machine at a speed of 1-4km/h, so you can do other things while walking. When the handrail is raised, the running speed is 1-12km/h and you can run to reach your fitness goal.
- POWERFUL 2.25HP -- With a powerful and ultra-quiet 2.25HP motor, this treadmill allows you to walk or run without disturbing others, making it ideal for home and office use. With a sturdy and durable steel frame and multi-layer shield design, it's shock-absorbing and noise-reducing, making your running quieter, safer and more comfortable.
- NON-SLIP RUNNING BELT & MULTIFUNCTIONAL LED DISPLAY --The 5-layer non-slip texture running belt features a spacious running area(40" x16"), providing an effective and safe cushion for your knees and muscles for a superior running experience. The LED display clearly shows time, speed, distance and calories, monitoring your progress in real time and keeping your movement data at a glance.
- WITH BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, PHONE HOLDER & REMOTE CONTROL -- Connect the treadmill to your phone through Bluetooth, so you can play music while you are exercising. You can also use the phone holder to watch videos or chat with friends. The remote control is convenient to adjust the speed of movement and stop instantly. Equipped with a safety key to shut down immediately in an emergency to protect your safety.
- EASY TO MOVE AND STORE -- The compact, foldable design and built-in transport wheels make it easy to move and store this under desk treadmill to save space. And it's out of the box and doesn't need to be installed.（HANDLES NEED TO BE REMOVED BEFORE FOLDING）
5. Best Budget Treadmill: Beachey Folding Treadmills, 2in1 Under Desk Treadmill for Home Office Gym Small Spaces Jogging Running Machine with Remote Control
Like our other treadmills, the Beachey budget friendly folding treadmill is another 2 in 1 treadmill most loved by customers because of its long-lasting behavior. All your sports needs will get the destination here because of its properties. The maximum walking speed is 4mph, while for running, it is 7.5mph.
The shock reduction system and the quiet motor will together provide you with a comfortable environment for a workout. You will get a relaxing and calm place to achieve your cardio motives. You can also take motivation by playing your favorite playlist. Just connect your phone through the Bluetooth of the treadmill and then listen to whatever you want.
Nothing is as important to us than your safety. The running area of this treadmill is spacious enough to provide you with maximum safety and comfort. Another safety feature is that it has an instant shut-off that you can operate in an emergency.
The running belt in it has five layers that provide support to muscles, knees, and joints. The remote control is 360°, and the armrest button is also dual control. Like many others, you can also monitor all the exercise data on the LED that usually includes speed, distance, and time.
A one-year warranty is also provided along with the product if any complaints you can discuss with the company.
- Folding treadmill.
- Good running surface: 41.80 by 15.80 inch
- Compact design.
- Durable and quiet motor.
- Easy to assemble.
- Comes with a warranty.
Best Treadmill Buying Guide
While considering a treadmill at lower prices, it’s quite essential to consider some crucial factors. Keep reading to know what you need to notice while buying.
Budget treadmills are not the best way to get in shape, but they make your exercise routine more fun and affordable. They can also help you lose weight and tone up your body. So, what exactly is a budget treadmill? A good one will allow you to burn up to about three thousand calories. It will also give you more distance than you can cover in a workout session or walking. This is the biggest advantage of a treadmill compared to other home exercise machines like a rowing machine or elliptical trainer.
There are different models of treadmills with large LCD screens and different price ranges. So, it is important to first determine your personal needs before buying one. Your lifestyle will largely determine the kind of treadmill you should purchase. Do you plan to work out in outdoors or indoors? If so, you might want to invest in a treadmill that offers numerous workout options like walking, running, and climbing stairs.
A large LCD screen is a great addition to any home gym machine. It will let you watch your progress and monitor your calorie intake. The best home gyms offer heart rate monitors and other similar features. The best treadmills have wide platforms, sturdy construction, and various workout routines, like walking, jogging, and climbing stairs. You can also buy other fitness equipment with the treadmill, such as resistance tubing and an elliptical trainer.
One important factor to consider when purchasing an affordable treadmill is the cost of maintaining it. Some large and treadmills are very expensive to repair because of their complicated design and parts. It would be best if you opt for a treadmill with simple functions and a low price tag. Many budget treadmills have limited functions and a large LCD screen to monitor your workout.
A treadmill can also make for a very comfortable home gym. Most people prefer to use treadmills because they offer the advantage of working out in different house areas, in total comfort. A large LCD screen and built-in speakers ensure that your workout experience will be top-notch.
When looking for a budget treadmill, be sure to keep these important factors in mind. Don’t purchase a treadmill that will only serve to waste your money. Take note of your fitness goals and check whether or not a treadmill will help you reach them. You should also be able to find the best workout equipment in your price range. Most manufacturers will offer excellent deals on their best treadmills. All you need to do is look around online until you find a deal that works for you!
Buying a treadmill under $500 with the best features isn’t as easy. Although we are purchasing the machine at a low price, that doesn’t mean we will compromise on material and quality. Make sure to read about the construction of the product before buying it. There must be no wobbling, thin tube construction, instability, or weak joints.
The quality of the motor and running belt also plays a vital role in the machine’s efficiency. The motor must be made of high-quality, durable, and sturdy steel. Running belts should be made of anti-slip material to avoid any injury.
If you are over 5.8ft tall and weigh more than 220 pounds you will need a high stability treadmill and a longer tread surface to fit your steps.
If you practice brisk walking at a higher incline several times a week, then you will need a treadmill with an engine of at least 2 horsepower.
If you run several times a week in 45-minute or longer sections, you will get the maximum benefits from a treadmill with at least 3 horsepower. A sloping band up and down will give you the ability to train and strengthen several muscle groups for a complete workout.
The first thing you have to do is decide where you are going to put your treadmill. Do research, take measurements of your area, and then choose a treadmill size accordingly. However, some treadmills can fold up; this makes them space-saving and can fit anywhere in your home including under the bed.
Pay attention to the weight capacity of the treadmill. If your weight is more than the machine’s maximum capacity, it may damage it. Consider the weight of all your family members and choose accordingly so that everyone can take benefit from this. The ultimate holding weight differs in different models; you can find it in the product description.
Usage of Treadmill
You need to identify the purpose of buying a treadmill. Determine that you plan to use this in your gym, train yourself for a race, look to lose weight, or just want to increase your walking steps. Choose a primary usage and then consider a treadmill specialist in that category.
Easy to Assemble
Some treadmills are easy to assemble, while some have a complicated assembly. We suggest you ease yourself by choosing a treadmill that has a straightforward arrangement. A few of the treadmills come already assembled; you just have to open the pack, knob the screw, and it’s ready to use.
Heart Rate Monitor
The monitor that shows the heart rate is an essential component of a treadmill. The effectiveness of the monitor entirely depends on the quality of the machine. If your heart rate is too low or too high, you can’t do the exercise correctly. So, keeping an eye on the heartbeat rate is essential. Make sure to buy a reliable machine having a quality monitor on it.
We all prefer the models that offer an excellent automatic incline. Who wants to take an off from the machine to change the setting. The good news is that now some treadmills are equally affordable and super easy to use. You can easily adjust the machine during running by using the buttons on the control panel. All the models are different, so make sure to notice whether the incline is automatic or manual before placing the order.
The belt size is another vital component of the treadmill. As your treadmill is midrange so that belts will be shorter and narrower, you will not have a large running area. As long as you are walking or running at an average speed, there won’t be any problem. However, the belt may cause trouble as your running speed increases. If your height or size is more than average, then consider it more precisely. On average, the belt size of a treadmill is 47” long and 16” wide.
When not in use, you might like to store it appropriately. If you lack space, then go for folding treadmills as they save your space while being functional at the same time. You can keep them under the bed, under the desk, or in the living room.
The control panel plays a massive role in the efficiency of the treadmill. Some models have a specific control module, while in others, it is quite complicated. You may need to carefully read the instruction manual if your treadmill panel is challenging to understand. The complimentary details on all LCDs are the distance, speed, time, and heart rate. Although the high-efficiency treadmill also tells about fat loss and other performances. So, while considering a treadmill for yourself, consider all these crucial parameters.
Always consider the treadmills that come with a warranty. Otherwise, you may regret it later on. The treadmill parts are incredibly expensive, and I am sure you don’t want to spend your extra pennies on it. Get a warranty on belt, motor, and electronics. We suggest you go to the companies that offer the most extended warranty. If something goes wrong, reliable companies solve the problem quickly. On the other side, if you forget to consider this factor, you may need to get the support you need.
Most treadmills come with a user manual and an assembly manual. The assembly instructions must detail each screw required for the operation and step-by-step instructions for success. Before purchasing, make sure that the manufacturer offers these manuals (in physical or electronic format) and possibly a phone number or an email address where you can contact them if you have problems. Also, it does not hurt that the manufacturer has an authorized service unit near your place.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is it safe to walk on a treadmill?
You should get off the treadmill after around 30-45 minutes of continuous walking. Most treadmills have a preset to shut off after about an hour, but you can change it so that it stays on even after you’ve stopped walking.
What should I do while I’m using the treadmill?
While you’re jogging or running on the treadmill, don’t forget to vary your pace! It’s just like running outside: mix up your speed by stretching out your strides and then pushing yourself with quick steps. This will help increase your endurance, which is helpful if you plan on running long distances in the future.
What kind of shoes should I wear on a treadmill?
Walking shoes with good treads or running shoes with great support are ideal. Flip flops can cause accidents on a moving belt, and you don’t want to lose your footing.
How do I set the incline on a treadmill?
Treadmills aren’t as complicated as other cardio equipment, so setting the incline is a pretty simple process: just press one of the up or down arrows. The number next to the arrow tells you what percent grade it’s at – so if there’s a 1 next to it, then that means 1%. Just keep pressing until you’ve reached your desired level!
What’s the best way to cool down after using a treadmill?
Since you’re not going anywhere when cooling down from running, hitting those brakes immediately could cause injury. Instead, try slowing your speed gradually before lowering the intensity to zero. Afterward, stretch out your quads and hamstrings – they may be tight due to the repetitive motion of running – and take a short break.
Are treadmills better than ellipticals?
Both machines work for different muscle groups, so it’s really up to you which you’d rather use. However, many people find that elliptical trainers are more comfortable because you’re standing instead of sitting. At the same time, treadmills tend to cause more strain on your joints. You can always alternate between both workouts if one causes pain or discomfort!
What should you not do on a treadmill?
Don’t jump onto or off of a treadmill. You could easily slip and fall, which could lead to serious injury. It’s much safer to step off by using the side rail.
Why is my treadmill making loud noises?
If your belt makes sounds while running on it, it probably needs lubrication or replacement parts. Also, check the flywheel – if it turns slowly during operation, then something might be wrong with its motor speed or belt.
Is a foldable treadmill better than a regular one?
It really depends on what you plan on doing with it. A more compact treadmill can fit in smaller spaces but might not be as sturdy or stable at higher speeds. Regular treadmills are better for running and walking, even though they’re bulkier!
What weight can a treadmill safely handle?
Most treadmills are designed for users up to 250 pounds, but some extra-heavy models support weights up to 400 pounds.
How many calories does the average person burn on a treadmill?
You’d be surprised by how many! A 150-pound person burns around 500-550 calories per hour on an average walking machine at 5 miles per hour, while jogging racks up approximately 800 calories per hour. Of course, these numbers depend on your body composition and speed – so if you go faster or have more muscle mass, then you’ll burn even more!
Are home treadmills good as gym treadmills?
Yes and no – it really depends on the quality of your treadmill. If you’re going to be using it daily or several times a week, then you should consider buying a high-grade product that can handle your workout. On the other hand, if you only plan on using it every so often for short periods, then something cheaper will do just fine.
What’s the difference between treadmill desks and normal ones?
The main difference is that treadmill desks won’t provide as much power and don’t come with consoles – all they have is a belt and belt-speed control buttons. While their speeds range from 0.4 to 4 miles per hour (and 0 to 1 percent incline), treadmill desks are great for obese users or those who can’t yet use a standard treadmill.
Why is my treadmill belt slanted?
It could be because there’s something wrong with either one of its wheels or rollers – just take a look at them and see if anything has broken off. However, if nothing is wrong, then the belt might just need to be adjusted onto the deck.
Is it better to go jogging or to walk on a treadmill?
If you’re looking for an intense workout to get your heart beating faster and reach that fat-burning zone, then jogging is the better option. Walking is usually recommended for low-intense activities, such as toning muscles or warming up before running. It all depends on what you want to achieve – so do some cardio and find out!
What’s the fastest speed I can reach on a treadmill?
Most treadmills have an average top speed of 10-11 mph, although you might be able to squeeze out 12 mph with some brands. Of course, it also depends on your weight: heavier people usually run slower than lighter folks.
How do I keep track of my workout progress?
Some treadmills come with built-in computers that display useful like your heart rate, time, distance, and calories burned. Others have space for you to set your own devices, such as smartphones or mp3 players.
Finding the best treadmill under $500 isn’t challenging, yet it is tricky, as you need to consider many factors. Our experts recommend you to view the Merax Folding Electric Treadmill as it is our winner product. Other than this all our chosen products are worth investment. So, what are you waiting for? Get the best treadmill for yourself and make your body active, healthy, and energetic.
Last update on 2022-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API