Summer has died, and cold snaps are striking across the country like unwelcome guests creeping around in the dead of night and chilling your toes and causing your girlfriend to shove her frozen feet against you as you lounge on the couch.
Naturally, this means it is time to gird up your defenses before the real freezing weather and blizzard conditions arrive.
Before the mercury bottoms out, you need to load up on the winter necessities such as robes, parkas, and – of course – slippers.
Picking a quality slipper isn’t as easy as it should be. Cheap ones fall apart, rubber-soled ones sometimes offer insufficient protection for checking your mail while soft ones don’t have adequate support.
To help you get the right balance of sturdiness, utility, comfort, and warmth, we’ve compiled the 6 best slippers.
- Premium design: Men’s signature moccasin house shoe in slip-on closed back design with indoor and outdoor support. Double gore elastic panels for easy on and off ensures a secure fit.
- Stylish and breathable: Handsome uppers in wool blend; knit or tweed deliver timeless style and warmth; while moisture-wicking Sherpa fleece lining keeps feet dry.
- Memory foam comfort: Flexible multilayer Cloud Cushion insole memory foam foot bed for support that cradles the contour of your foot for a therapeutic fit. Helps alleviate sore and tired feet and foot pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis; Flatfoot; Talipes Valgus; and Splayfoot.
- Versatile and durable: Genuine suede sidewall with durable; rubber outsole provides weatherproof; skid-resistant traction for safe and secure footing. Slippers transition you effortlessly from indoor to outdoor; perfect for checking the mails; walking the dog or a quick errand. Perfect for men of all ages and lifestyles.
- Size and easy care: This slipper runs small; we recommend ordering the next size up for the most comfortable and flexible fit. Available sizes Small (7.5-8.5); Medium (9-10); Large (10.5-11.5); X-Large (12-13); XX-Large (14-15). Available in wide sizes in Black Tweed and Charcoal Tweed only. Care: Machine wash cool water; dry flat away from heat Care: Machine wash cold; air dry.
Budget-Friendly: Despite the closed design of these slippers, they are capable of being worn year-round thanks to the breathable wool-blend upper that wicks away moisture and allows for some ventilation so that you don’t develop a funk.
The bottom is comfort foam that keeps vibrations to a minimum, even for heavy steppers. The sole is weatherproof and can handle going out in snow and sunshine equally well.
A built-in heel wedge will give you more stability and support than most standard slippers without feeling too much like a shoe.
They are mostly animal and environmentally friendly, with the exception of the suede outsole.
The lifespan is good for a cheaper slipper, but these will not be with you into your golden years.
More: Smart Bedroom Gadgets
ORTHOFEET Orthopedic Men’s Slippers Hudson
- GUARANTEED COMFORT! Test our shoes for up to 60 DAYS and see for yourself why Orthofeet is regarded by millions as the WORLD'S MOST COMFORTABLE and stylish orthopedic shoes. Try RISK FREE: Walk COMFORTABLY and PAIN FREE or Your MONEY BACK. 60-day wear test. FREE shipping and returns.
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS? HEEL PAIN? FOOT PAIN? NEUROPATHY? Orthofeet orthotic shoes offer the BEST ORTHOPEDIC SHOE solution. Lightweight SOLE with ERGONOMIC design and SUPERIOR CUSHIONING along with premium ORTHOTIC INSOLES that feature ANATOMICAL ARCH SUPPORT and multiple CUSHIONING layers provide soft, PILLOW-LIKE SUPPORT that works wonders to enhance COMFORT and EASE PAIN on the FOOT and HEEL, all the way up your KNEES, HIPS and LOWER BACK caused by flat feet, overpronation and arthritis.
- EXTENDED WIDTHS - These SUPER COMFORTABLE men’s casual shoes with soft, non-binding uppers are available in Medium, Wide and Extra Wide widths, offering a PERFECT FIT. The UNIQUE THERAPEUTIC DESIGN helps alleviate stress on the joints, enhances stability and substantially improves the ease of walking.
- SENSITIVE FEET? DIABETES? ARTHRITIS? NEUROPATHY? Soft uppers with smooth interior lining and extra foam padding provide SUPERIOR COMFORT and protection for sensitive feet and an ideal footwear solution as men’s diabetic shoes, men’s arthritis shoes and men’s shoes for neuropathy.
- BUNIONS? HAMMERTOES? A wide & roomy TOE BOX offers a comfortable, non-binding fit for the front part of the foot and toes, and eases pressure on bunions, hammertoes Morton’s Neuroma & swollen feet. ORTHOTIC FRIENDLY: Extra depth design with removable insoles (¼” thick in the forefoot area) provides ample space for custom made orthotics.
Total Support: Whether you suffer from flat feet, fallen arches, plantar fasciitis, or other heel pain, the orthopedic slippers will help ease your suffering and allow you to stroll around your home with ease.
The clog body is capable of working with any over the counter orthotic inserts or can be worn alone.
The insides are warm wool, which keeps your feet from freezing while also not overheating them thanks to the open rear ventilation.
They have a leather upper and rubber soles for enhanced durability, and the top opens for easy access to the interior or added air circulation during warm months.
If you have severe pain, the insert that comes with the 331 probably won’t be quite enough cushioning, so anticipate dropping a few bills for added shock absorption to go along with the ergonomic design of the slippers.
More: The Best Wake Up Lights
SOREL FALCON RIDGE
- Leather: Cowhide
- Rubber sole
- Topstitching detail, Cushioned insole and faux fur lining
- Imported, Myanmar (Burma)
- Moccasin style slippers
Complete Comfort: Sorel makes some of the most comfortable slippers on the market, which tend to last for years so long as they aren’t abused too heavily.
Both the Falcon Ridge and the Manawan slippers are very warm and good for the person with hardwood floors who is trying to save money on heating their home.
The fleece lining helps keep your foot from losing heat, and the rubber sole will give you good indoor traction, but wearing these outside will beat them up quickly since the exterior is soft leather.
The wool/acrylic blend interior is meant to cushion as much as warm your feet while the sole is structured for arch support.
So long as you live in a cold climate, these are very good at offering cloud-like comfort.
More: The Best Silk Sheets
BEARPAW Men’s Moc II Slipper
- Suede upper
- 17mm UGGpure wool lining
- 17mm sheepskin insole
- Suede outsole
- Twin gore
True Slip-On: There was once a time in the world of slippers where UGG was all you needed to say. Whatever style you needed, they provided a long-lasting, comfortable option.
That is not true anymore since their once unbeatable quality has waned and been eclipsed by many other brands.
That isn’t to say they aren’t still great, but you often pay a premium for slipping quality.
The Scuff is one of the few stand-outs as it seems to retain the high UGG standards of old and is a slip-on style that won’t immediately fly off your foot.
The exterior can be wool, suede, or leather and comes with a leather sole complete with tread.
The interior is pure sheepskin that can be a little on the warm side, but the fully open back helps combat overheating.
Easy on and off, and they hug the contours of the foot perfectly. Try before you buy since sizing can be questionable.
- Lightweight, soft, breathable, cozy yet sturdy
- 100% boiled virgin wool upper
- Wool felt insole lining
- Latex molded arch support
- Non-skid waterproof rubber outsole
Best Overall: The AT seemed to hit all of the selling points.
The woolen clog style and lack of a fleece lining meant they are warm without being stifling. The latex, rubber, and natural fiber construction are environmentally and animal friendly.
At the same time, the ergonomic interior was simultaneously comfortable and supportive for those who need respite because their dogs are barking at the end of the day.
They can be used outside, but don’t expect the soft rubber to stand up to extreme punishment. You can use them with orthotics if so needed.
They tend to be a touch on the narrow side, so if you like socks with your slippers, it’s wise to go bigger.
A little wearing on the wallet, but offer a decent lifespan, outstanding comfort, and the right balance of warmth and air circulation for year-round wear.
More: The Best Bar Carts
Buying Guide for The Best Slippers for Men
You have probably noticed that the styles and designs of slippers have become very varied over the years. Still, if you’re looking for the best slippers for men, there are plenty of options out there to choose from. While a traditional-looking pair of house slippers are always popular, you might also want to consider a pair that better suits your lifestyle.
For instance, you can purchase a pair of slippers that are suitable for camping trips. If you do not wear shoes regularly, you might enjoy a pair of gym slippers. You can also purchase slippers that are suitable for indoor activities and suitable for outdoor activities. There are also plenty of styles and designs for you to choose from, so no matter what type of lifestyle you lead, there is a pair of indoor and outdoor slippers out there to meet your needs.
Slip-on your way to comfort and warmth this season with a pair of rubber slippers. You can purchase these types of slips in many different styles, colors, and patterns. Popular styles include ones made in classic brown and black colors, but you can also find them in bright, vibrant colors like purple and turquoise. In addition to styles and colors, you can also find this slip-on in various thicknesses. If you need a thinner pair, you can even purchase a pair made with memory foam to provide more cushioning for your feet.
Your lifestyle and the activities you engage in will help determine the ideal types of house slippers for men that you purchase. For example, if you spend much of your time in sports, you might prefer a pair of athletic shoes instead. If you like working outside and enjoy being outside during the colder months, you might want a pair of waterproof mittens to slip on.
Of course, your footwear will also need to match the colors of your walls and other furniture items in your house. Slip-on in classic, neutral colors are the perfect choice for almost every room in the house. When you need the ultimate level of comfort and support, a slip-on is the best option.
Looking for the Best Products? Check out our Store
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API