One of the most popular materials in crafting is resin. It’s a durable and functional material that can be used to create imaginative projects, such as sculptures or jewelry boxes- not just household items! If you’re looking for something new but still want your artwork with long-term potential, then this might be perfect for what you need.
Making art with resin molds is a popular and amazing option. Using the right resin mold will make your projects easier, as it provides consistency for repeated crafting sessions! We’ve scanned through all of them to find one that suits you best – take some time browsing before making up ideas on how to use these awesome supplies in your next big DIY adventure.
It’s time to get started – let’s look at a few resin molds that will help you start your DIY journey!
West Bay 37 Pieces Silicone Molds Resin Epoxy Resin Casting Art Molds for DIY
- ⭐VALUE PACKAGE: 1 x cylinder resin mold, 1 x cuboid resin mold, 1 x ashtray silicone mold, 1 x flower pot mold, 1 x hexagon coaster mold, 1 x round coaster mold, 4 x different shape pendant molds, 1 x measuring cup, 20 x wooden mixing sticks, 6 x plastic droppers.
- ⭐REUSABLE: These clear resin casting molds are made with safe and durable pure silicon by advanced techniques. The finished product is precise, reusable, flexible and easy to clean, high transparency, you can check the casting process at any moment.
- ⭐EASY TO DE-MOLD: Smooth and shiny interior makes it easy to de-mold after it’s completely cured and reduces the need to cut back and polish (The time to complete solidification depends on the type of resin liquid you used).
- ⭐WIDE APPLICATION: These casting silicone molds are compatible with most casting materials such as epoxy resin, UV resin, concrete, polymer clay, wax, soap, candle and more. You can also add some resin pigment, dry flowers, pearl pigment, mica powder, sequins,
- ⭐HOW TO DEMOLD: It can be taken out just by pulling the resin mold. You can also use a mold release spray. If you don't have, you may use a baby wipe or a drop of soap mix with a bit of water as a release agent.
West Bay knows a thing or two about making cool stuff, and their silicone mold kit is no exception. It includes 10 different molds that will produce some serious smiles in your loved ones—and you can make them on the go with just one mixing cup, thanks to its versatility!
The silicone material makes them durable enough to last through even the most rigorous molding sessions. It cleans up easily when you’re done using it! It also comes standard in having just one mixing cup instead of disposable cups that would otherwise have been needed for all these little accessories – saving money but not sacrificing quality too much either.
Augshy 98 Pieces Silicone Casting Resin Jewelry Molds and Tools Set
- PACKAGE INCLUDES - 36 x jewelry resin making molds, 25 x gold screw eye pins, 25 x silver screw eye pins, 5 x plastic stirrers, 5 x plastic spoons, 5 x plastic droppers, 1 x Hand Twist Drill (include 4 pieces twist bits), 12 x glitter sequins, 1 x Storage Bag.
- MATERIAL - Silicone resin molds,flexible and durable,smooth. Easy to use and clean. Screw eye pins are made of metal alloy, stirrers, droppers and spoons are made of quality plastic, hand twist drill is made of stainless steel.
- SIZE - Pendant jewelry molds are 1.95 inches high with diameters from 0.35 inch to 0.4 inch, 2 sets necklace earrings resin molds have 24 designs with 4.4 inches to 6 inches long and 2.7 inches to 4.9 inches wide; Inner diameter of bracelet mold is 2.4 inches. Inner diameter of the three rings mold
- WIDE APPICATION - Augshy jewelry resin molds can be applied to diy different handiwork and jewelry, such as key chain, earrings, necklaces, pendant, bracelets and more, with many operating tools, help you make them more easily.
- PRACTICAL TOOLS - Metal twist drill make you bore a hole easily. Plastic stirrers to help you stir the glue and plastic droppers to help you extract liquid; VARIOUS DESIGNS - The Jewelry Resin Mold Making has many different shapes, such as square, rectangular, round, Long column, polygon, etc.
When you’re looking for a good way to express your creative side, this huge kit from Augshy will have what it takes. You’ll find molds in many different shapes and sizes, as well as 12 types of glitter dusters that let kids create unique pieces with ease!
Augshy silicone casting resin molds are perfect for those with lots of supplies at home or who want to save money on buying costly materials. The trays include shapes like hearts and stars, which can be used right away. At the same time, other options have holes that make them great pendants if you’re looking for something simple without too many decorative features! You also get extra tools, so experiment as much or little as get your creative juices flowing before pouring in the final product!
FUNSHOWCASE Keychain Charms Epoxy Resin Silicone Molds
- Elephant, alpaca, polar bear mother and baby shapes pendant or tag or bookmark rubber trays 3 in set, with 5pcs keychain rings with chain and 10pcs jump ring bulk accessories for jewelry or keychains making
- Make mama with cubs resin jewelry, family matching key chain, backpack zipper, bag ornament, kawaii soap, necklace or bracelet with kids names, baby shower or thank you gift. With hanging hole, no drill will be needed.
- Mainly use with modelling clay (air clay, paper clay, resin clay, polyclay, polymer clay, salt clay, metal clay, liquid clay etc.), resin(epoxy resin, rethane resin, uv resin), concrete, cement, plaster, hot glue, soap, candle, wax, mix media and more
- Transparent soft mold, you can check the buttom when process project. Easy to demold, gloss finish
- Food Grade. Food and Non Food material should use separately. Wash and boil before use, especially for food. Easy to use mold very flexible and easy to clean, can be used in oven, dishwasher, refrigerator etc. Can be used within the temperature between -40~220 centigrade / -40~428 fahrenheit
Do you have some time to kill? Why not create your own resin keychains or charms with this fun kit from FUNSHOWCASE! You can make an elephant, polar bear, or alpaca charms for the wrist. These silicone mold sets come complete with detailed instructions on how to do it step-by-step, so there’s no need for any artistic skills at all.
LET’S RESIN Alphabet Resin Silicone Molds
- 【Silicone Molds for Resin Keychain】 Our silicone alphabet mold is made with quality durable silicon by advanced techniques. Flexible, resistant to tearing, durable and easy to remove letters from mold.
- 【Individualized DIY Design】Perfect gift which allows you to make your own ornament according to your preferences. It's very practical and decorative. You can use different colors of materials to make special products or add some filler into the mold. Excellent for those who are fond of DIY crafts, you can develop your full creativity on this mold.
- 【Multifunctional Silicone Molds for Epoxy Resin】This resin casting molds for 3D letters, necklace pendant, crystal, jewels, keychain charm, earrings, handmade accessories, craft gifts, house number, etc. Also work with such materials as light metals, plaster, epoxy and UV resins.
- 【Easy to Use】 Our letter silicone molds products are designed for the resin beginners which matched with 10PCS key rings and 100PCS screw eye pins. You make a complete craft with these accessories.
- 【Benefit From the Molds 】Silicone resin molds are used to make colorful and beautiful letters and numbers, help your baby learn happily. Improve the parentage of your family during help your children grow.
This simple resin mold kit from LET’S RESIN is perfect for those just getting into DIY resin art-making. You get 12 different letters that measure up at around 1.4 inches each and can be used in a variety of projects!
This silicone mold is a wonderful way to create your very own set of letter tiles. The durable material and advanced techniques make this an easy process, with flexible letters that won’t crack or break in most cases due to their high-quality construction!
Repinsta Silicone Resin Molds
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: These resin silicone molds are made of durable silicone by advanced techniques.With the flexible, smooth and reusable epoxy molds,you can use, de-mold and clean them easily. There are nonstick silicone measuring cup and high quality plastic pipettes.
- VARIOUS SHAPES: 5Pcs casting molds including Sphere, Cube, Pyramid, Square, Round to meet your various need . Equipped with 1 silicone measuring cup and 5 plastic pipettes to make your creation more convenient.
- EASY TO RELEASE AND CLEAN: Keep the resin molds smooth and clean interior before use, so it’s easy to twist the silicone mold and pop out your finished resin items after it’s completely cured ; clean the epoxy molds with soap water and storage them away from direct sunshine and dust.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: These slicone resin molds are compatible with most resins or other casting materials such as epoxy resin, soap, bath bomb, candle, beverage coaster, bowl mat etc. Perfect for your DIY handwork and give you a wonderful resin-making experience.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: We try our very best to make good epoxy resin molds. But if you are not satisfied with your purchase or you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at anytime. We’re happy to help.
If you’re a beginner looking for some basic shapes and want the perfect starting point, then this silicone mold set is just what you need. Come with five different types of molds, including spheres, cubes, or pyramids – all in varying sizes so that there’s something to suit any project!
Plus, it comes complete with a measuring cup as well as transfer pipettes which will help get started immediately without having trouble estimating how much resin should go into each cavity based on measurements provided by others found online.
PRIMA Marketing Inc Redesign Mould
- Craft Supplies REDESIGN MOULD 5X8 BOTAN FLRL
- Package length:8.75"
- Package width:5.0"
- Package height:0.36"
You can’t go wrong with the Prima Mold! They have a wide variety of molds, each one detailed and realistic. The subtlety in this product makes it stand out from others- delicately symmetrical petals as well as flowers at their fullest bloom that will add an extra touch to any project you’re working on for yourself or others alike!
Prima Marketing Inc. is a popular company with all kinds of resin art supplies, and for a good reason too! The mold is solid and sturdy, making it easy to work with and clean up when you’re done
Sculpey Flexible Push Mold-Whimsy
- craft supplies
- Sculpey Flexible Push Mold-Whimsy
- Item Package Weight: 0.2 pounds
There are many ways to make beautiful, one-of-a-kind art with the help of epoxy resin. This kit from Sculpey is a great way for beginners or professionals alike because it provides you with all sorts of different shapes and sizes in order to create tiny pieces that will fit any project!
The kit has everything one needs and makes it easy as pie! You can make tiny little wings or other decorations that will adorn any piece of jewelry in need. No matter what design floats your boat. This whimsical set from Sculpey won’t let anyone down (though we particularly like using them on trinket boxes).
DHSHRUN Silicone Resin Molds DIY Hair Pin
- ★ What You Get: Silicone resin molds including 3pcs hair clips resin molds + 27pcs hair clips. They match almost all outfits, hair colors and hairstyles.
- ★ High Quality Jewelry Resin Molds: These silicone casting molds are made of durable silicone by advanced techniques, flexible, reusable and easy to use. The hair barrettes are made of high quality metal alloy, which can be used for a long time.
- ★ Variety of Styles: These hair clips silicone resin molds have various styles. Such as water drop hair clip epoxy mold, rectangle hairpin mold and long strip hair clip epoxy resin mold. And the style of the hair pins are the most popular among girls, teens and ladies.
- ★ Wonderful Gifts: These jewelry resin silicone molds can make beautiful hair clips, which are ideal gifts for your friends and families. You can send to them as New Year gifts, Christmas gifts, birthday gift and so on.
- ★ Widely Used Hair Clip Resin Molds: You can use our resin hair pin molds making different styles of hair clips. You can wear these beautiful hair pins in various occasions, such as wedding, birthday ceremonies, banquet and daily life.
The Dhshrun Silicone Resin Molds Hairpin Set is perfect for anyone who wants to make their own unique, one-of-a-kind barrettes. With this 30 piece kit, you can create three different styles of resin pins and 27 matching clips in any color the imagination desires!
The silicone mold pieces are made from durable material that will last longer than other types on the market today. At the same time, high-quality metal alloy hairpins accompany these beautiful designs making sure every accessory stays secure all day long (even if wet).
PGXT DIY Coaster Silicone Mold
- 【Durable and Not Easily Deformed】 - Our molds are made up of pure silicone with excellent elasticity, superior high tear strength, etc. After squeezing and deforming, just rest for a while and then will return to the original state.
- 【Widely used 】-The resin coaster Model is very versatile in its usage! Perfect Model for epoxy resin coasters, small flower pot base, conceret, plaster, cement and polymer clay etc; You can also add dry flower, pearl pigment, mica powder, glow in the dark powder, glitter and sequins into the resin Model to get a colorful Model.
- 【Enjoy DIY】 - These silicone resin molds are compatible with most resins or other casting materials such as epoxy resin, polyester resins, polymer clay etc. You can add some resin pigment, resin dye and embed different kinds of embellishments or fillers, create your resin art projects such as the coaster, bowl mat, desktop decoration, wall decoration, home decoration etc
- 【Easy to De-mold】 - Smooth interior makes it easy to de-mold after it’s fully cured and reduces the need to cut back and polish. Or you can use release spray or soap water which may help extend silicone mold's life.
- 【After-sales Service】We provide full refund or a new replacement for every customer if there is any quality problem with the coaster silicone mold. If you're not completely satisfied, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to deal with it
So you want to make some cool trays? Well, the PGXT coaster silicone mold kit has everything that is needed. With these four geometric shapes and two round molds, there are plenty of options for all sorts of projects! You can choose from coasters or pot holders to jewelry organizers and more depending on what kind of project it suits you best.
You’ll be able to get back into crafting quickly after using these silicone beauties without worrying about damaging your work because they’re easy enough on even inexperienced hands. Once finished, just pop out of them. Easy peasy lemon squeezy
Honoson Cylinder Light Resin Silicone Mold Set
- Package you get: you will get 1 piece cylinder light resin mould and 2 pieces USB powered wooden lighted base stands, which are in different lighting color effects, a nice combination set in novel style for you to use in different handmade projects
- Wide range of applications: these silicone resin moulds are versatile and practical to make various crafts, they can be widely applied to DIY desktop ornaments, table lamp, table candle and more DIY handmade decorations, giving you more choice to arouse your creativity
- Smooth and reliable: made of silicone material, the cylinder light resin mould is flexible and lightweight to use, not easy to break or deform, the smooth surface makes it easy to clean and demould, durable for multiple uses, and it can serve you for long time
- Easy to demould: after the resin is fully solidified, just twist the mould to push out the finished product, convenient to demould, no sticking, no tearing while the mould remains its shape, ideal DIY tools for handicraft lovers and beginners
- Enjoy DIY joy: it's time to DIY your own dried flower desktop ornaments with this resin silicone mould set, just add some gold foils or other resin pigments, dyes, mica powder (not included) into the resin, which can make your finished product more eye-catching and delicate, getting much DIY fun
Finally, Honoson cylinder light resin silicone mold set is a perfect starter kit for anyone who wants to make their own simple or complex shapes. It’s not like the typical basic sets that only come with one or two different shapes and colors of wax; instead, this product includes three molds – all made from high-quality materials (and they’re reusable!).
The best part about these pots? You get both lights AND bases, which can turn your finished piece into an elegant candle holder complete with some fun lighting effects! There are drawbacks, though: Most folks find getting out those stubborn pieces takes patience, but if you love DIY projects as much as we do, then it’s worth trying multiple times until success is achieved.
Resin Molds Buying Guide
Resin molds can be made from silicone, plastic, rubber, or aluminum. Silicone is the best material to use when choosing a mold because it gives you the most detailed results, and it’s also sturdy enough that any type of resin will pop out without too much struggle. The molds are durable enough to use over and over again for many resin projects.
Aluminum is also another great material to choose from if you want a stylish and functional mold. It’s lightweight but sturdy, making it easy to use for any type of project, no matter how complex or simple it might be. The downsides to these molds include the fact that aluminum is easy for the resin to stick to, prolonging putty time, and making it tough to get a flawless finish.
Plastic can be made from different types of materials, so you should read all labels before using one with your resin unless you want part of your project ruined! Plastic is sturdy, but depending on the type of resin you’re using, it may stick to the mold.
Rubber is another material that can be used for resin molds. Still, they are usually considered more of a novelty item. Rubber molds will give your projects some style, especially if they’ve been given details like ridges or grooves, but most folks find rubber too soft to work with. They’re also harder to clean and can alter the color of your end product, making it darken over time.
Whatever you choose to use for your mold, be sure to check its measurements carefully. Whether you’re buying online or in-person, always measure the product yourself instead of using the listed dimensions because that information could end up being wrong.
After you’ve chosen material and found one that matches what type of mold you wanted, then take note of the size. It’s important to note how much resin will fit inside before purchasing, so look at its width, length, and depth (if possible). The best way to judge this is by looking at other projects made with similar molds because they’ll give you an idea regarding how much resin can be used.
Pay attention to any extra details about the mold, too, like thick handles or thin wires. Thinner components are good for certain types of projects because you can easily cut them into pieces to create your end product. If you’re using thicker pieces, then be sure to use safety precautions when handling them.
The quality of the silicone will affect how well your resin turns out, so always pick one with high endurance, low odor, and an easy release time. The last thing you want is for your finished piece to have bumps or bubbles because it’s stuck in the mold; that will ruin any type of design! If you plan to use your mold regularly, then select one with a longer production time because it will release better.
To test the quality of silicone molds, look at how well the material is attached to its base. If it’s not sturdy enough, you can expect problems while trying to get your resin out. It’s also helpful if some resin sticks to the bottom, so you know exactly where to press for proper release times.
You can tell what type of odor it gives off by doing one simple test: Just place the silicone near your nose and take a whiff! Suppose you’re able to smell anything unusual. In that case, there might be an issue with whatever chemicals are used in the making process.
To check for any bubbles or bumps, simply feel around the edges of the silicone while it’s still in its molding form. If you feel any spongy areas, then you’ll know it won’t produce high-quality resin.
The shape of the mold is as important as size and quality because it will affect how well your final piece comes out! If you’re able to use a mold that’s shaped like part of your future project, then do so because that will make things easier.
For example, if you want geode resin art, then using a mold with the same shape is the best way to create several pieces that fit together. Even if you can’t find one with an identical shape, look for something similar. Sometimes, slight adjustments are enough to get your work done without any problems.
Some shapes won’t necessarily need adjustments, but they’re still helpful because molds usually come prepackaged in large quantities. These amounts are more than what most people would ever need, so you have to break it down somehow. To do so, cut the silicone mold into pieces using a sharp knife or wire cutter, but you can also ask if there’s an option for customization.
Some molds have details so sharp they are difficult to clean up after being used for casting- not good! If sharp edges are present on your new silicone mold, try sanding them down along with cleaning the entire piece thoroughly before using it to minimize any mistakes or wasted time later. High Tack Release Agent
Another important thing to look for in a silicone resin mold is a high-tack release agent! It helps keep your final product clean by making it easier to separate from the mold, so always pick a silicone that has this added feature.
Before using a new mold, you have to apply a high tack release agent on all of its surfaces by spraying or brushing on a thin layer. The more you add, the better your resin will come out, so use as much as possible for the best results.
This works differently than a normal release agent because it prevents buildup and residue from forming- just get rid of any excess after adding it to your mold! If you’re dealing with large quantities, then opt for a non-stick spray over brush application because there’s more coverage in less time.
Contamination and Disasters
Regardless of how well you care for your silicone resin mold, it can still become contaminated or broken beyond repair! Contamination is a big problem when it comes to creating resin work because the material will stick to the silicone from then on. If that happens, simply sand down the surface and use a high tack release agent before trying again.
If contamination occurs with a brand new mold, you were most likely dealing with low-quality materials, or they went bad during storage. This often happens if any moisture gets in them, so always make sure they’re sealed properly!
You can avoid problems by properly caring for your molds. Still, accidents sometimes happen- especially when using sharp tools near the edges. That’s why it’s important to keep a high-quality silicone resin mold on hand for impromptu projects and quick fixes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my resin not coming out of the mold??
If you’re having problems with your resin, then there’s an easy way to find the culprit, just pull off the top layer. If it comes out clean, then it means your mold is free of any debris or contamination. Still, if it gets stuck, then elements were present that made casting difficult.
Take apart your silicone mold and look for signs of where the resin might’ve gotten stuck. Usually, bubbles or bumps are to blame, so try to smooth things out before using again. Not doing this will result in additional cleanup later on, which could waste materials and time because who wants extra work?
How many times can you use a silicone mold?
Most companies claim that their product should be used thousands of times but that all depends on how well you take care of it! After every use, wash it with dish soap, dry thoroughly, and store away from any other materials- especially moisture. That should help make your mold last longer while still giving you good results every time.
What’s the best way to store a silicone mold?
Silicone resin molds can be stored almost anywhere- that should work as long as it’s dry, clean, and out of direct sunlight. Avoid places with high humidity because those are usually breeding grounds for bacteria and fungus growth.
Are silicone resin molds reusable after they’ve been used once?
Yes! Just make sure to properly wash them before putting them away for storage by following the instructions above. The same goes if you need to use a different design from the original one- simply cut each piece away from the mold using a sharp knife or wire cutter, then continue on with your project!
It’s easier to get your finished products out of a flat bottomed mold because that won’t tip over while you’re working with it on the table. However, lipped molds are more common these days because they also act as durable storage containers after!
Where does silicone resin come from?
Silicone resin is actually made up of liquid rubber combined with various fillers, so it has the same properties as them without all of the downsides. This makes it easy to use in most situations and for any type of project by being malleable enough to fit into different shapes or add sharp details.
Is UV resin better than epoxy resin?
Yes, but only if you know what you’re doing! UV resin is more durable, chemically stable, and offers a higher shine when cured under UV lights. It’s also not available in smaller quantities, so you’ll have to spend more money if you’re constantly working on small projects.
How do you take care of resin molds?
Always wash your molds with dish soap or alcohol before using them to remove any debris, residue, water, oils, etc. Also, make sure they’re completely dry, so any flashings don’t stick to the mold during use.
What’s the best way to get resin out of a mold?
Immediately after finishing with the project, remove any rubber pieces from inside by carefully peeling them off one at a time. If there are still stubborn areas, use a sharp knife or blade around the edge to lift it slowly until everything is removed.
Now just fill your sink or tub with warm soapy water and let the mold soak for about 20 minutes so any leftover resin can be dissolved and washed away.
What’s the best way to store a silicone mold?
Silicone molds should be stored in their original packaging boxes to keep them from warping, becoming misshapen, or discolored. Avoid putting them on shelves as those are usually dirty and less protected against physical damage- especially from pets!
How long does it take for the epoxy resin to dry?
This will vary depending on how thick your final product is. Still, you’ll typically have anywhere between 4-20 hours before it’s ready. The first hour should go by very slowly because the thicker edge needs more time to cure properly without leaving any bubbles underneath. After that, you should notice a significant difference in time until it’s finished curing.
How should you handle UV resin?
Make sure to wear gloves because it contains harmful chemicals that can damage your skin, especially when it’s not fully cured. Use a high-quality respirator mask if you’re working on bigger projects for the best results- plus, it also looks cool if you’re doing something like making geodes out of resin!
Is silicon better than latex molds?
Yes, but only if they come in different sizes and shapes (i.e., don’t use larger ones to make smaller objects). The flexibility of silicone allows you to push or pull it without causing any damage if there are extra pieces inside. Latex is slightly more difficult to clean by hand, so washing them with dish soap beforehand helps start off the process.
How do you prevent bubbles in resin?
Sanding dry areas after mixing any two components together can cause bubbles to appear. Also, create whatever it is you want to cast. At the same time, there’s still air inside that will also release bubbles at some point, so be sure to try and get rid of them by popping them with a pin before proceeding. Finally, never mix resin when it’s hot because that causes the molecules to expand, which increases your chances of bubbles forming even more.
What if I screw up my silicone mold?
If you end up making any mistakes, then just use toothpicks or thin skewers around all sides to release anything stuck in there, like excess resin or rubber pieces. Then take apart both halves carefully (slowly) and clean them separately with dish soap and warm water. Finally, just dry it thoroughly before storing or using it again.
We’ve scoured through all of the most popular resin molds on the market and selected only the most outstanding ones- showcasing durability, functionality, and artistic potential! Flexibility is available with each of these products. What you do with it will be limited only by your own imagination. Now it’s up to you to decide which ones to get and how they can be best used for your particular needs!
Last update on 2021-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API