Sitting for an extended period on a poor-quality office chair can lead to many problems, and many of these disorders can even end up being fatal. Wrong sitting posture can generate multiple back problems, neck pain, joint pain, and herniated discs. To ensure long-term health benefits and productivity, the right office chair that helps gain the correct posture is essential. We have brought a solution for you by reviewing the 5 best office chairs under $300.
Other than being affordable, these chairs provide much needed lumbar support, accommodate large backsides, and relieves pain. You don’t need to waste your money and time on a lousy office chair; the office chairs we have discussed are of top quality and will continue to impact your productivity positively.
Our top product in the list of best office chairs under $300 is Sadie big and tall office chair. Whether you want to change your office chair to a conference room or training session, this chair will work perfectly with all the environments as it is equally functional and stylish. Make your meeting more productive and comfortable through this piece of furniture. A distraction-free office ensures to maximize your productivity and comfort.
Its ergonomic design will help put support to the lower back as the lumbar control in it is adjustable. The material used in the construction is sturdy; this makes the chair durable and robust. Even under heavy use it smooth-rolling casters and durable wheels will not lose its efficiency. The fabric used is comfortable and breathable, ensuring a relaxing environment for you. Its adjustable arms provide support to the shoulders and upper body for all-day long. Work and relax in an inspiring environment and enhance your productivity.
- ERGONOMIC POSTURE SUPPORT: Adjustable lumbar control puts extra lower back support right where you need it
- DIMENSIONS - Overall Depth: 30.31 in | Overall Height: 42.91 in | Overall Width: 30.31 in | Arm Adjustmentn - Maximum Height: 8.4 in | Maximum Width: 30 in | Minimum Height: 5.9 in | Minimum Width: 22.5 in | Arm Maximum Height: 31.5 in | Arm Minimum Height: 25.6 in | Seat Overall Depth: 20.9 in | Seat Width: 22 in |Back Width: 22 in
- ROLLING OFFICE CHAIR: Smooth-rolling casters and durable wheels hold up even under heavy use.
- COOLING MESH BACK TASK CHAIR: Added comfort with breathable fabric that you can relax into. Caster quantity is 5
- ADJUSTABLE ARM OFFICE CHAIR: Height-adjustable arms provide all-day support for upper body and shoulders
2. Nobofeeling Ergonomic Office Chair, High Back Desk Chair – Adjustable Headrest with Tilt Function, Lumbar Support
This ergonomic office chair is insanely comfortable, have seat padding, lumbar support, and breathable mesh. A poorly designed workstation can cause many problems for you, including discomfort, fatigue, and less productivity. Office furniture, when properly selected, will help you to enjoy a comfortable environment. It is specially designed with adjustable features that allow you to support your natural posture and reduce stress. Furthermore, the adjustable headrest reduces fatigue in the shoulder and neck that may happen after continuous work.
All the features that you are looking for in your ideal chair are present in it. This chair provides you a 90-110 degree incline range that allows you to customize the chair’s leaning and tilt distance. The waterfall seat design has comfortable padding; this ensures you to sit for a more extended period without causing any pain. The mesh back will not heat the body and hinder the blood flow. Even if your weight is considerable, the premium sponge cushion won’t sink inside.
The LORDWEY Ergonomic office chair has incredible features that inspire your work and life. A right high-back office chair will make you focused on your work. Its sleek design meets the modernist demand for your office. The chair can easily swivel at 360°, and the tilt-lock mechanism will offer you a relaxing and comfortable position. The waterfall seat edge is specially designed to improve circulation from lower legs, thus removing the pressure. The chair’s frame is made with nylon braces; this fits your body closer and helps you sit in the correct position.
You can lock the backrest at three different angles and customize the seating experience as your requirement. The adjustment level will allow you to adjust the seat height and the rotating headrest provides a comfortable position for the head and neck. To avoid body heat moisture build-up and keep your back cool, a breathable mesh material is used. You can easily convert this chair into armless through the flip-up mechanism. Detailed instruction is also provided that helps in easy installing.
- 【ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR】- The ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height, headrest, backrest and flip-up arms to meet different needs, good for sitting long hours. Suitable for people of about 5'5" to 6'2".
- 【LARGE MESH SEAT】- The office chair is larger than other chairs, and it could accommodate different body build. The whole Chair Dimensions(including the arms): 25.6"W x 22"D x 45.3"-54.9"H, the Seat Dimensions: 20"W x 19.3"D x 18.5"-22.05"H. Loading Capacity: 280 lbs. The recline function makes you tilt the backrest back (90~120°) or sit straight freely.
- 【ADJUSTABLE FLIP-UP ARMREST】- Folding the armrests up, you can push the executive office chair directly under the desk to use more area. It's easy to raise or lower the folding armrest by pressing the black buttons on the armrest.
- 【BREATHABLE MESH CHAIR】- The mesh back and mesh seat keep air circulation for extra comfy. High quality mesh resists abrasion and transformation, it makes the high back computer desk chair good for sitting for 4 ~ 8 hours, perfect for a long day sitting.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION & WARRANTY】- All ergonomic task chairs come with 1 year warranty, so please email us directly, we will offer youeffective solutions ASAP. With clear instruction and tools, the office drafting chair is easy to assemble (about 15~20 minutes). PU mute wheels roll smoothly, no harm on wooden floor; the sturdy five-pointed base and chair frame add durability and stylish appearances.
More: Best Affirmation Cards
4. Duramont Reclining Leather Office Chair with Lumbar Support – High Back Executive Chair – Thick Seat Cushion
Another best office chair under $300 is the Duramont reclining leather office chair. It is constructed in a design that gives you support for ensuring your convenience. While sitting continuously, pressure may develop in your legs that cause hindrance of the blood flow. Now you can concentrate easily on your work with this super comfy chair. It has built-in adjustable lumbar support that allows you to adjust the pressure on your back as per your needs. In case you are tired and want a nap, you can pull out the footrest as a recliner and relax easily.
The material used in its construction is high-end, which provides maximum comfort and style; the leather used gives a modern look to the chair. It makes the computer chair equally durable and comfortable. The heavy-duty metal and nylon casters make it easy to move, but it is steady when you need to do your work. This office chair is easy to assemble, and the chair is flawless.
- ★ UNIQUE WATERFALL SEAT EDGE - The high back design gives you maximum support for comfort and convenience. The chair has soft padding and a waterfall seat edge for less pressure on the back of your legs so that you can stay comfortable even when you have to sit down for hours. Forget about uncomfortable office chairs that make it impossible to concentrate on your work. The Duramont executive chair was designed to give you uttermost comfort
- ★ FLEXIBLE RECLINING ANGLE WITH RETRACTABLE FOOTREST - You can adjust the office chair any way you need to so that it can accommodate all your comfort needs. The chair has a locking system that will enable you to securely keep the right angle you need to (90 to 155 degrees.) Also, you can pull out the footrest as a recliner for napping and more
- ★ HIGH-END MATERIALS - We make sure that we use the right materials for maximum comfort and style. The chair is made with bonded leather that gives it a unique and elegant style and makes it the perfect addition to any office. The bonded leather also makes the computer chair incredibly durable and comfortable for the best possible experience
- ★ STRONG SOLID CONSTRUCTION - The office chair has a heavy-duty Metal base and nylon rolling casters that make it incredibly easy to move around but also keep you steady when you need to work. The chair can withstand up to 250 pounds for best results and is very easy to assemble and set up
- ★ RISK-FREE PURCHASE - Your satisfaction matters, and this are why we make sure that each chair is flawlessly made just for you. We are confident that you will love our executive chair. Still, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, our products are backed by a 1-year warranty so if anything goes wrong, just let us know
More: Best Budget Planners
5. Serta AIR Health and Wellness Executive Office Chair, High Back Big and Tall Ergonomic for Lumber Support
The Serta AIR health is a professional and comfortable office chair with an ergonomic design. This chair provides you better support and improves the sitting posture that helps you to get fit. With its layered body pillows and padded armless design, it ensures to offer you comfort. The air lumbar technology in it is installed to provide back support, and the elevated and padded headrest provides neck support.
Waterfall seat edge helps to aid circulation, reduce leg pressure, reduces fatigue, and enhance focus. For ensuring high mobility on multiple surfaces, dual wheel designer casters are placed. The levers in it offer tilt adjustments and offer convenient height.
- PROFESSIONAL AND COMFORTABLE: Ergonomic desk chair with layered body pillows and padded armrests
- AIR LUMBAR TECHNOLOGY: Lumbar cushions pivot when you move to provide back support and help improve posture
- EXECUTIVE STYLE: Black bonded leather with contrast stitching
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Seat-side cable-actuated levers offer convenient height and tilt adjustments
- SMOOTH ROLLING: Multi-surface, dual-wheel designer casters make it easy to move around
Buying Guide – Best Office Chair Under 300 $
We usually don’t buy chairs frequently, so you should be careful about quality and price before selecting the best office chair. Whenever you are going to buy the best office chair for under $300, then don’t forget to consider the following factors:
Why choose the best office chair?
Regardless of the job, if it involves sitting at a desk for several hours a day, it is crucial to use a suitable chair. The choice is more important than you think, for at least two reasons:
The first is your health. It’s no secret that it’s vital to take care of your body. This includes the time you spend at work. However, if you use an inappropriate office chair, it can negatively affect your health.
For example, if the chair does not have the necessary dimensions, you will feel that you have muscle pain and discomfort. In the long run, you will also notice a change in posture.
Second, the wrongly chosen office chair can negatively affect your productivity. The reason is easy to understand: no one can work hard when they feel discomfort and pain. You will lose your focus, and your work performance will begin to decline.
More: Zen Gifts
Types of office chairs
Depending on the type of activity you have at the office, one of the following types of chairs will suit you best:
Executive office chair
This type of chair is generally quite large, with a high back and arms. The whole chair is upholstered. Because they have many adjustability options, they are ideal for long days at the office.
Usually, they are very durable variants due to the quality of the material (leather). A quality executive chair can support you for up to 5 years.
The disadvantage comes at a price. These are among the most expensive office chairs on the market. The higher their value, the better the leather’s quality to cover it, and the longer the seat will last. Another disadvantage is related to the variety. The chromatic diversity is limited to shades of black and brown.
If you find such a chair at a suspiciously low price, most likely the leather is synthetic and of low quality. These are suitable options for those who work in management, secretarial positions.
Ergonomic office chair
They are chairs recommended for anyone who works long hours in the office because they offer the perfect balance between support and comfort. Your back and posture suffer if you use a chair that does not provide adequate support for your spine, but these chairs are specially designed to take good care of your back and neck.
They are particularly adjustable. Everything from arms to backrest and height can be adapted to your body. They also allow you to move quickly because they have wheels and are also rotating. Some even give you extra back support, with some lumbar pillow accessories.
It reaches the directory type in terms of comfort, but they can be bought at a much more reasonable price. Most often, the material is a mesh combined with textile material. Countless times, they have proven to be effective in treating back pain because they can be adjusted to meet specific comfort needs.
Another problem you may face at the office is standing blood circulation, which can sometimes be obstructed. Ergonomic office chairs allow you to orient the end of the seat slightly down so that the blood can circulate better when standing.
Although they are cheaper than the directory ones and they can cost quite a lot. However, given that it is an object that you use every day and can prevent some health problems, the investment is definitely worth it.
This is probably the most unpopular model on the market because it has a totally different shape than the one we were used to.
The concept is ergonomic, designed to release the pressure generally placed on the back and neck, easily maintaining a correct body position, although they do not have a backrest. Instead, it forces you to sit in a position that protects the curvature of your spine.
It can correct the position of the legs, pelvis, but also the lumbar area. Also, they are adjustable models so that you can use them without problems, regardless of your desk’s size. Despite appearances, such a chair can even be very comfortable.
Another advantage is that almost anyone can use it, mainly because they usually have a very reasonable price.
Unfortunately, it cannot be used by people who have knee problems. There is also a certain period of accommodation. At first, you may feel a little uncomfortable, but you will realize that you should get such an office chair faster after just a few days.
The quality of the material used in this is crucial. Chairs made of leather and cotton works well. The material used in the construction should be sturdy and durable. Furthermore, the material should also have cushioning property to provide comfort while sitting.
When you have to choose an office chair, you will notice a wide variety of materials, in various colors, from which you can choose. Here’s what material information you should keep in mind before choosing a model:
The chairs upholstered in textile material are simple, affordable, and pleasant to the touch. In fact, this material is a popular option for office chairs. This type of material is available in a wide variety of colors and even prints, so you can choose the one that best suits your space.
Office chairs upholstered in leather are very comfortable, especially because, as a rule, the seat is very well sponged. This material is durable and wear-resistant. If well maintained, it has the ability to stand the test of time.
This material is ideal for people who work in very hot areas because it has the role to allow the skin to breathe, thus reducing the level of perspiration. Usually, they also have an ergonomic shape, giving you the necessary support, and are very comfortable, even if you sit for several hours.
The office chair’s primary function is to provide support to the back that helps prevent neck ache and resolve spine issues. Ensure that the chair you have chosen offers good support; this will help improve the user’s posture. You shouldn’t compromise on health because of some low-quality chairs.
The best office chair is the one that offers an adjustable setting. The chair setting mainly includes tilt tension, seat height, depth, and others. Adjustment varies according to person to person. One person may need some adjustment, and others may not need, so before making any decision, make sure to note your preferences.
The best office chair is the one that allows you to adjust a multitude of areas, as follows easily:
This is the most important adjustable item you need to look for. In order to have a correct body position, the feet should rest entirely on the floor. The back of the thighs should not feel tight.
Because you are very unlikely to be able to adjust the height of the table, you need a height-adjustable chair. Ideally, you should lower your chair until your elbow is just above the tabletop. If your legs still don’t get down, you’ll need to buy a desk stand.
The correct position at the desk should allow the back to rest on the backrest, without the back of the knees being pressed against the edge of the seat. For this reason, the backrest should be able to be adjusted horizontally so that it is farther or closer to the seat, as needed.
To adjust, sit with your back against the backrest to support the lumbar area. Then make the necessary adjustments. This detail is significant for those suffering from low back pain.
The ideal office chair should have a backrest with a shape and size suitable for you. It should support the base of the back but also the middle area very well. The seat should be a support to help the S curvature of the back. Simultaneously, the arms and shoulders should move smoothly without affecting the back’s position.
Since we do not all have the same bodies, the backrest should be adjusted in height so that it can fit perfectly on the back’s shape.
The best office chair has an adjustable backrest in another way. It can lean on its back. This way, you can adopt several positions: perfectly straight when working or slightly left on your back when you want to relax.
The angle between the thighs and back should be around 95-105 degrees. At the same time, the abdomen and chest should be open to the outside, not pressed inwards.
This posture allows you to breathe better, which will send more oxygen to the muscles but also to the brain so that you will be more productive.
Because you will type quite a lot, you need something to support the weight of your arms. If you choose an office chair with arms, it is ideal that their height is adjustable. Thus, they can be adjusted so that they can enter the table without problems. Ergonomic office chairs allow you to adjust the width between the arms, thus adapting to your body’s width.
Remember that these elements should not prevent you from approaching the table; otherwise, you will end up not sitting with your back against the backrest.
Always choose the office chair that matches the environment of your office or home. Different chairs have different designs; you must select the one whose aesthetic sense matches with your workplace.
Size and weight
The chair should be suitable according to your weight and height. The seat’s minimum width should be at least 18,” and the backrest should be 12-20” wide. Before selecting, note the maximum weight capacity and basic specification of each chair.
Look for the models that are easy to assemble. Your chair should come with a clear set of instructions; this makes assembling convenient. The smaller chairs are easy to assemble and transport than the bigger ones.
Final Verdict – Best Office Chair Under 300 $
Not all office chairs available on the market give you the support you need to sit comfortably at the office all day. Lack of support or ergonomics can result in pain and numbness that can become chronic. Fortunately, you have a lot of options that can meet your needs when it comes to comfort, ease of use and appearance.
The best office chair helps you to stay focused, healthy and motivated during work. Take care of yourself by giving a treat of best chair. Choose the best one from the top list that matches your preferences exactly.
Like this guide? Then you’d definitely love our other guide on the Best Standing Desk Converters
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API