A bed frame with storage is a great way to utilize space that is otherwise wasted in your bedroom.
By using storage drawers of some kind and storing things underneath your bed, you maximize space and minimize your visible storage footprint.
Your bedroom should be for relaxation, serenity, and rest. Untidy clothing, storage boxes, too many shelves, and other unsightly things take away from your ability to enjoy your most intimate room!
Whether you buy a bed frame that has drawers built into it already or choose to use a storage container that slides neatly under your bed, you will open up a whole world of possibility when it comes to finding space for those last few things that “have nowhere to go”.
Best Bed Frame with Storage Reviews
1. Memomad Bali Storage Platform Bed with Drawers
- BEST STORAGE BED: The sturdy Bali Platform Bed is all made in MDF CARB Certified and has synthetic leather handles. Includes the bed bases. Thinking about your safety, all edges are rounded
- 2 COLORS AND 4 SIZES: Comes in Caramel and White Colors and is Available in King, Queen, Full and Twin sizes
- THE ASSEMBLY: This bed is delivered disassembled. Along with the individual parts of your piece of furniture, you will receive detailed assemble instructions that explains how to put together in detail step by step. It is important to read and follow the assembly instructions to avoid unpleasant surprises. The 3 boxes are also arranged in order, so you save a lot of space in the room. This bed was designed so you may choose which side do you wish to keep the compartments.
- PLENTY OF STORAGE SPACE: The bed has 2 (two) drawers, 4 (four) shelves, 1 (one) compartment with door and also 1 (one) pullout shelf, that work well as a nightstand, for your favorite frame, reading books, coffee cups, cellphone charger or alarm clock. This piece of furniture optimizes your bedroom space. As a bonus, you still have space enough for suitcases or boxes under the slatted base. This bed is perfect for small rooms as it offers as much space as a dresser!
- HIGH SUPPORT CAPACITY : Super sturdy furniture! Total weight capacity: 310 lb. Largest compartment: 33 lb/each. Smaller compartment: 11 lb/each. Drawers: 11 lb/each. Pullover shelf: 6,5 lb/each. Insertion mattress depth: 3 inches and the mattress area is (W x L): 39 in x 75 in. (Does not include a mattress). No box spring needed. The mattress must be placed directly on top of the bed
2. DHP Rose Linen Tufted Upholstered Platform Bed with Storage
- Contemporary design in linen upholstery with tufted details.
- Designed with a bentwood slat support system that does not require a box spring or additional foundation
- Center legs provide extra support
- Includes drawers for additional storage. 2 for the Twin size and 4 for the Full and Queen sizes. Drawer size: 35"L x 23.5"W x 6.5"H.
- Full bed dimensions: 80.5" L x 58.5" W x 38" H; Full bed weight limit: 450 pounds
3. Allewie Queen Size Platform Bed Frame with 3 Storage Drawers
- Simple & Modern: Modern low profile design with a linen-look fabric fits various types of home decor. No fixed headboard design, facilities for you to customize the headboard according your needs. The comb of fabric side panel and metal bed frame riches your room a simple and chic look.
- Ample Storage Space: Designed with 2 side drawers on each side and 1 large drawer at the bed end, offers a perfect storage space for bed sheets, accessories, off-season clothing, etc. The 3 different size light drawers helps you optimal management of your bedroom. In addition, the drawer itself quick-detachable.
- Headboard customizable: With reserved holes in two legs, can easily blend with all headboard decor, makes room for you to customize your headboard according your style. Overall dimensions: 62.2 x 81 x 12 inches. Max Load Capacity: 800lbs. Suitable Mattress: 8-12 inches.
- Sturdy Structure & Noise Free: Strong Wooden slats system and low center of gravity design strengthen the sturdiness and durability of the whole bed structure. In addition, We provide the Non-slip Strips pressed the slats and unique buckle structure design helps stabilize the bed frame and prevent noise. Plastic foot plugs added to the bottom of the bed feet will never scratch your beloved floor. Dual protections to promise you a sound sleep.
- No Box Spring Needed & Easy Assembly: Wooden slats provides support for your latex, spring or memory foam mattress without the need for a box spring. All the labeled pieces and instructions are well packed in 1 box. 2 persons can easily assemble it around 30 minutes.
4. Full Captain Daybed with Twin Trundle Bed and 3 Drawers
- 【Space-Saving Full Daybed Frame 】 The full daybed with a trundle and 3 storage drawers with smooth casters,easy to pull in and out for maximum storage space, multi-functional piece of full daybed ideal for small living spaces.
- 【Full Daybed with Trundle and Storage】The full grey daybed with handy pull-out trundle bed takes up minimal space for the spontaneous sleepover guest. Such a versatile piece, bringing functionality, versatility, and style to your home, perfect for those who have occasional visitors.
- 【Stylish Full Captain's Bed】Finished in white odourless spray painting, this full captain's bed with simple design in a sophisticated style, matched well with any decor or furniture in your home,gives any room a spark of style that's both modern and timeless.Perfect for girls or boys' bedroom, student dorms, guest rooms and so on.
- 【Sturdy & Durable Full Bed Frame】This full platform bed frame constructed fromhigh-quality solid wood construction for durability and strength, ensuring longevity. The headboard and footboard creates a charming curve that will ad a lovely look to your child's bedroom.No box spring Needed .
- 【Easily Assemble 】Requires simple assembly ,Our full grey daybed with storage come with clear instruction that will guide you through all steps.Please Kindly Note that full captain bed comes in 2 separate boxes ,MAY arrive on different dates . Please wait patiently or contact us freely if you only receive some part of them.
5. Discovery World Furniture Charcoal Full Size Bookcase Captain Bed with 6 Drawer Storage
- The FULL size captains bed is constructed from solid pine - Charcoal Gray Finish
- Bed includes the headboard (assembly required) which offers plenty of storage space for items such as alarm clocks and books
- The 6 drawer unit slides under either side of the bed; The drawer unit (assembly Required) slides under the bed on one side, Note: Opposite side is open.
- All Discovery World Furniture beds are tested and certified to meet the ASTM 1427-07 regulations set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Slat kit is included with the bunk bed making it mattress ready; No need to purchase a Bunkie board or box spring; Mattresses and bedding not included: NOTE: SLATS may be WOODEN instead of metal as pictured.
6. Prepac Mate’s Platform Storage Bed with 6 Drawers
- Your purchase includes One Prepac Platform Storage Bed with 6 drawers, in Queen Size | Mattress not included | Not originally designed to work with headboards | Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Product dimensions – 63" W x 18.75" H x 81.5" D | Internal drawer dimensions (each) – 23.25” W x 5” H x 18” D | Slats width (each) – 2” | Max mattress support height – 6” | Floor to bottom of mattress – 13” | Weight limit – 250 lbs.
- Metal slides with safety stops for smooth drawer opening and closing; profiled MDF top and molding
- Contemporary platform bed frame for a Queen mattress | Matches Manhattan and Regency bedroom furniture collections
- Ready-to-assemble bed requires a hammer, one Phillips head and flat head screwdrivers | Constructed with composite woods, melamine laminate, solid wood slats, and metal supports | Espresso finish
7. Harper & Bright Designs Full Size Platform Bed with Two Drawers
- 【Modern & Grace Upholstered Platform Bed】The Upholstered full bed frame designed with graceful tufted patterns on both the headboard and footboard and upholstered in grey color linen fabric which get soft hand feeling and lends your space perfect for contemporary or traditional styles.
- 【Upholstered Platform Bed Full Size with Storage Drawers】Features 2 drawers with smooth glide wheels underneath of full upholstered platform bed for practical storage in the bedroom which you can keep bedding sets, off-season clothing, books, shoes and more. 12.2” height at the other side of upholstered platform bed frame to the floor for additional storage.
- 【Sturdy Structure for Upholstered Platform Bed】Crafted from high quality solid wood and MDF, quality bed foot providing additional support and stability make the weight capacity of this full upholstered platform bed frame up to 400lbs.
- 【No Box Spring Needed for Upholstered Platform Bed】10pcs strong wooden slats system does not require a box spring or any other additional foundation. Fit standard full mattress. Recommend mattress thickness 8-10” for this full upholstered platform bed (mattress not included).
- 【Assembly Required】Overall size of upholstered full platform bed frame is 54.3''Wx 76''Lx47.2''H. Will ship from US warehouse with 2 different boxes included step by step instruction and tools for easy assemble.
8. SHA CERLIN Industrial Full Size
- HEADBOARD COMPATIBLE: There are punched holes at the head of the bed to support your freedom to create.
- NO MORE CLUTTER: There have 4 XL drawers, each with a volume of 61 L. With the ability to slide outward and backward, you can easily manage your household items.
- STABLE CONSTRUCTION: The low center of gravity design makes the platform bed more stable. Heavy-duty metal slats reinforce the sturdiness and durability of the entire bed structure.
- NOISE-FREE: As you can see from the pictures, buckle structure to prevent noise, EVA material to reduce friction between the slats. Dual protections to promise you a sound sleep.
- CONSIDERATE SERVICE: Fast shipping. Kindly note that all the labeled pieces and instructions are flat packed in 1 box. 2 persons are recommended for set-up and it takes around 35 minutes. SHA CERLIN Team always keeps online.
9. Harper & Bright Designs Canopy Bed Full Size Platform Bed with Trundle
- [Full Size Canopy Bed with Trundle Bed] - This full platform bed is designed to take up minimal space for multiple users, while a roll-out trundle is fitted underneath for the spontaneous sleepover guest. the canopy bed with a minimalist headboard and footboard, It includes secured slats without needing a box spring.
- [Four-post Canopy Bed Full Size] - This full canopy bed frame's sleek silhouette includes 4 sturdy wooden slats, with rails bordering the top to allow for customization with decorative curtains (nets and curtains not included). The canopy bed frame is a modern design that will make perfect centerpiece for your bedroom.
- [Sturdy Full Size Canopy Bed] - Full size canopy platform bed is made of pine wood that will last and look good for years of daily use and enjoyment. This gives you a great night's sleep without the shaking, creaks, and vibrations of lesser frames that keep you awake. Weight capacity of upper bed: 250lb.
- [Full Canopy Bed Dimension] - Wooden frame bed size is about 79.5" L x 57" W x 72" H, providing additional storage space under the bed, the vertical storage space is 11.8”, enough to store shoes, boxes, toys, clothing and other items. suitable for various styles of rooms.
- [Easy to Assemble Full bed frame] - With the included instructions. If there is any part missing or damaged during shipping, please contact us first, our friendly customer service team will response in 24 hours and solve the problem for you.
10. LZ LEISURE ZONE Full Size Captain’s Bed With 3 Storage Drawers
- 【Daybed with Drawers and Trundle】The Captain Bed make the most of a small bedroom with a twin bed designed with under bed drawers for storage and a hideaway trundle bed for sleepovers with friends.
- 【Solid Wood Captain Bed】This captain bed features a sturdy high-quality solid wood construction for durability and strength, ensuring longevity. The headboard and footboard creates a charming curve that will ad a lovely look to your child's bedroom.
- 【Three In One】The included twin-size trundle bed with 3 functioning drawers can easily be wheeled in and out for maximum storage space. Offered in multiple rich, non-toxic finishes, the Rhomtree Captain's Bed is the ultimate choice for any bedroom.
- 【Easy Assembly】Requires simple assembly with all necessary hardware and clear instructions. Overall dimension: 78.7''L x 57.9'' W x 32.2'' H.
- 【Shipping & Customer Service】All products come with a clear assembly document that will guide you through all steps. If you have any questions during the assembly do not hesitate to contact us for immediate support. This bed comes in 2 boxes and may not be delivered at the same time. Please wait patiently or contact the seller if you only receive part of them.
The Basics of Bed frames with Storage
Under-bed storage is a great way to get more out of your space without having to spend a lot of money. It can also put an end to that feeling of never having quite enough space in your home.
Some of the best uses of this added storage are things like seasonal clothing, important files that you don’t frequently access, craft supplies, or anything else that can lie flat and do not need a lot of height to store comfortably.
There are a couple of types you can choose from, and you are only limited by your needs and creativity! Whether it’s for function alone, or to enhance the look of your bedroom, saving space by putting things beneath your bed will be a huge positive.
Types of Under Bed Storage
There are two main types of under bed storage:
- Bed frames with drawers
- Storage containers that fit under your bed
The option you choose to help you maximize your storage space is dependent on your style, budget, and needs.
Bed frames that have drawers already built into them can be great for storing things such as clothes, thereby eliminating the need for a dresser. However, they come in all shapes and sizes, so what you choose to store can be dependent on your needs and the size of the drawers.
You might come across taller drawers. Tall drawers are a bonus, because they increase the type of items you can store underneath your bed (rather than just clothing, files, or any other flat material).
However, you must keep in mind that drawers necessarily limit the amount of space one item can take up, because they are compartmentalized. So, while you might have the option of storing taller and bulkier things in drawers, if you have one large item that takes up a lot of square footage, you may be out of luck. (Note that this can be avoided with one-drawer solutions).
Storage containers are a great fit for nearly any bed. All you need is a container or a box that fits under the frame of your bed easily.
Depending on what you will be putting under there, you might find that a box with a lid is helpful, but if you need to get into the storage container frequently, a nice wicker basket or something else without a lid would be a good choice.
Storage containers for under the bed are typically long and wide, but not very deep. That is because of the obvious restraints that a typical bed frame puts on us.
Most bed frames are not very high off the ground, so you will have to choose a container that will be deep enough to fit your stuff, but that isn’t too high to fit under the bed (don’t forget to take the lid height and shape into account!).
You can store all sorts of things under your bed, as long as they aren’t too bulky! However, here’s a list of some common uses:
Seasonal Clothing – Store your summer clothes under the bed during the winter, and put winter away when it is warm enough to get your summer clothes out.
Paperwork – Put your historical paperwork under your bed, as long as you do not need to access it frequently and it is not the type of thing that should be more closely guarded.
Craft Supplies – A big box of construction paper, markers, scissors, tape, glitter, string and anything else you can think of for the kids or for your own crafting exploits fits great under the bed!
Seasonal Decorations – Do you have a few ornaments you put up around Christmas? Maybe a handful of wreaths you change seasonally? You might well be able to fit them under your bed in a storage container.
Sheets and Blankets – Instead of a packed linen closet or the laundry room, why not put your sheets and covers under the bed? Very accessible when it’s time to change the sheets!
Lego and other toys – Great under the bed storage option for children! The only time you won’t be upset when you find out they have just shoved their toys under the bed!
Storage for beneath your bed can be totally functional and simply provide utility, or it can be used as an accent to your room’s decor. The great thing about this solution is that it is all totally up to you – and up to how much room is under your bed!
A plain plastic box with a snap-on lid can be a great solution. A plastic box with wheels can be even better! If you’re looking at this storage option thinking that it might add an interesting flair to your bedroom, you can certainly get some fancier storage containers, or even make your own to match the rest of your look.
One thing is for sure – follow the old adage of “measure twice, cut once”. While you’re not going to be doing any cutting (unless you make your own drawers or containers, of course), it’s important that you take a measurement of the space under your bed so that you can get the best storage solution for you.
There’s nothing worse than the hassle of returning something that was only a quarter of an inch too big to fit under your frame!
6 Things To Consider When Buying a Bed With Drawers
As under bed storage goes, a bed with drawers is one of the most popular methods of gaining that extra bit of storage space in your room.
If you’re interested in getting a bed with drawers – as opposed to another solution, such as storage bins under your bed – there are a few things you should take into consideration when making your decision.
We’ve compiled a list that will help you tick all the boxes and choose the right bed with drawers. Make sure you take these 6 things into consideration:
As with all purchases, make sure you set a budget when it comes to price. Did you know that buying a bed with drawers could set you back over $2000?
Of course, there are far more economical options, but you should have a good idea of the price range before you start shopping and go in with realistic expectations.
to get a better idea about what you can expect to pay. You may even find a bed to buy!
What does your bedroom look like? Is there a prominent theme throughout? Do you have a color palette with main and accent colors?
Take stock of your current style and make sure your bed will fit in. If you’d like to keep it subtle, choose something that will blend in with the rest of your room and simply be functional. If you’d prefer to make a statement and have your bed stand out, pick an accent color that will really pop.
Whether you choose to be subtle and elegant or wild and fashionable, make sure you make note of your bedroom’s current color scheme before buying a bed.
While the size of your bed goes without saying (buy one that fits your mattress!), you must figure out the size of the bed you buy. This is definitely an instance of “measure twice, cut once”.
Take just a moment to measure your room. Write down the dimensions and make any notes, such as other pieces of furniture in your room (and the size of them). This way you won’t end up with a bed with drawers that is too big to comfortably fit in your room.
Keep in mind that some beds will actually have a larger footprint (cover more area) than your mattress, especially if they are platform beds that have drawers.
While most beds you look at won’t vary greatly in height, there are some beds that are much higher up and some that are quite low. This obviously determines how big the drawers can be, but it may also affect your sleep comfort.
If possible, test out the bed frame before buying it, to make sure that you won’t have a tough time getting out of bed in the morning (if the bed is too low, and you have mobility issues), for example.
Quite likely the biggest reason you’re looking at getting a bed with drawers is the storage aspect! Therefore, you should know exactly how much storage space you need.
What will you be storing under your bed? If you’re going to be putting clothes, books, or other fairly flat objects down there, you should be okay with most standard, low profile storage beds. However, if you’re interested in being able to store larger, bulkier items, you should opt for a bed with taller drawers.
Additionally, do you want one long drawer that extends from the head of the bed to the foot or do you want multiple drawers? Again, this goes back to what you anticipate storing underneath. Do you need a vast storage area for one or two items, or are you only looking to place smaller items below?
Like color, you should have an idea of the style that will most benefit your room’s appearance. Go so far as to take a picture of your room before you go shopping.
While you’re buying a storage bed for the extra storage and functionality, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t make it a key item in your room – after all, it is likely the largest piece of furniture in there!
This is really all up to your personal taste, as there are many different styles of bed, but it is good to be prepared when you start to see the options available to you.
Because there are so many options available to you when you’re choosing your bed with drawers, it is difficult to provide specifics!
There are all sorts of storage and design options from which to choose, so the best advice is to really think about what you want in a bed – is storage the only priority or do you also want to enhance the design of your room? How big of a bed do you want? How much can you spend? All of these things will impact your final decision.
Too many people miss out on utilizing the space underneath their beds for storage – you’re ahead of the game if you’re considering a bed with drawers! Don’t let clutter overrun your room. You might even be able to remove a piece of furniture (such as your dresser) by adding the extra storage under your bed, thereby making your room feel bigger.
Plastic Storage Boxes – A practical and affordable under bed storage solution
Perhaps the most basic and affordable way to maximize under bed storage space is utilizing plastic storage boxes.
A typical and popular way to improve storage, boxes are in clear contradiction to built-in bed frame storage. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but it is clear that using any sort of box is a very different subject than that of purchasing or making a bed frame with storage (link to this category).
Plastic storage boxes are a common way to increase storage and for good reason. They are durable, inexpensive, and come in many shapes and sizes. In fact, this is the method of under bed storage that the author (me!) uses to store seasonal clothing in the off-months.
If you have a ‘typical’ bed frame – one that is metal and quite low to the ground – this is probably your best option.
You will be best served by a long, shallow box. For easier access, consider getting one with wheels on one end, to easily bring it out from under your bed and push it back under.
Additionally, a box with a lid is always a good idea, regardless of whether it is a plastic one. They will keep your storage items more secure and help to defend them in the case of dirt, dust, water, or any other type of potentially harmful substance.
Because they come in various shapes and sizes, a particular advantage to having storage of this sort is that you can have multiple different boxes, each with a different type of item.
This will help you stay even more organized and eliminate the time you would have spent digging through a lot of things just to find the one item in storage that you actually need. This way, everything is compartmentalized, easily labeled, and quickly accessible.
One of the few downfalls of using plastic storage boxes is that they are certainly no way to enhance the look of your room.
Normally, this isn’t an issue, and so the easily hidden box can be stored neatly away without anyone being the wiser. However, some people wish to liven up their bedroom by adding a beautiful bed frame with drawers or by utilizing stylish storage boxes under their existing bed frame.
While plastic is extremely functional, it is the least likely to be something you use as a design accent in your room. If you are on the search for a bedroom makeover that both looks good and has functional storage space, this might not be the option for you.
If you are simply looking for a few extra square feet of storage, though, having plastic boxes is likely the best way for you to get the most out of your room.
Here are a few tips for buying plastic storage boxes for underneath your bed:
Measure your bed frame, both the distance from the ground to the bottom of the frame and the dimensions (length and width). You must make sure that you buy something that will fit under your bed! It may sound like common sense, but there’s nothing worse than being at the store and having no idea whether the boxes you are looking at will fit under your bed. You’ll have to go home, measure, and go back to the store – a big waste of time!
Depending on what you’ll be storing, make sure the quality is good and the boxes are sturdy. Now, you might be able to get away with a cheaper box if the things you are storing are not vitally important, or are durable.
However, if there is even the slightest chance of damage, or if the items are of more importance, you will certainly want to make sure the quality is high.
You can get plastic boxes for around $20 at the bottom end of the spectrum but think through your storage needs before buying the cheapest option.
Think quantity – how many boxes will you need for your storage, and how many will fit under your bed? As mentioned above, having multiple boxes can be a great way to stay even more organized.
In conclusion, plastic storage boxes are a very common, very practical, and very affordable option for under bed storage.
There are a few things to consider, but if your goal is simply to have a tidy way to utilize the unused storage space under your bed, you’ve likely found your answer here.
Upholstered Storage Beds
An Upholstered bed is the simplest way to add a touch of elegance to your bedroom. They are affordable and come in a variety of styles.
You can choose the sleek, modern beds or the ones that are huge and overstuffed. Either way, you are likely to end up with a bed that will be the centerpiece of your bedroom.
What are upholstered beds?
Upholstered beds have padded headboards. As a matter of fact, most upholstered beds have padding everywhere with not an inch of any wood or metal showing.
If you would rather not buy a complete bed, but still would like to get the comfort and style that this type of beds offers, then you can opt for an upholstered headboard.
They can be bought separately. But for the sake of symmetry, it is preferable to buy the bed and the headboard together.
The upholstery system
Unlike regular beds, a good upholstered system bed has a soft cushioned covering. Furthermore, you don’t need the box springtime, because this kind of beds possesses slats throughout their bottom to support the mattress.
Therefore, they are affordable compared to regular beds since you are only spending money on the body and the upholstered bed, as you are not necessary to buy box springtime. What is the Different Design Available?
Wooden and steel are the most widely used platform bedrooms available in the market these days.
However, there are several manufacturers who’ll combine both materials to obtain different appear. Others utilize a leather-based finish, providing your system bed an abundant and contemporary look.
Many of these beds are made without a footboard or perhaps a headboard, but when you are looking for a definite sleeping room, you should have absolutely no trouble discovering one available on the market with bed headboards and footboards too.
What to bear in mind when shopping for a good Upholstered System Bed Platform beds can also add beauty to your rooms that they take up.
There are different types of platform bedrooms available on the market these days, enough in order to cater to everybody’s budget as well as tastes.
Based on what kind of appearance you are going with regard to in your bedroom, you can most likely find a good upholstered system bed in most kind of color, finish as well as stain.
Given that they come in a number of finishes, it is relatively easy that you should find a mattress to match your individual preferences as well as your décor.
Probably the most popular bedroom in the market these days is a strong black system bed. Furthermore, these bedrooms go with nearly every color; their own dark tone makes them the actual rooms focal point.
Nevertheless, if you are looking for any natural try looking in your bedroom, you could choose an incomplete wooden design.
Bold completing like gleaming red or perhaps a purple microfiber-upholstered body can give a stylish look to your living space.
On the other hand, if you wish to give a nice and clean look to your own bedroom, apply for white completing as well. Because of their flexibility, it’s not surprising that padded platform bedrooms are very popular in the world today.
Having a choice of supplies, styles and colors, these types of beds are most likely one of the best opportunities for your bedroom that will satisfy your budget too.
Features of Upholstered Storage beds
The headboard is the most important thing about an upholstered bed, they are heavily or lightly padded and the size and shape differ from model to model and brand to brand. The material used also varies; some may have sponge padding with fabric covering while others may use leather covering instead.
Some beds may have jute upholstery on the whole bed including frame and headboard. It is not unusual to find upholstered beds with storage space.
There are endless choices available to you if you want to buy upholstered beds. You might even find stores that will be willing to build custom beds to match the décor of your bedroom.
One of the biggest advantages of this type of bed is the unlimited options that are available to you. You can find them in almost any color and material, not to mention the shape and size.
Upholstered beds are very comfortable, and since there are hardly any sharp edges or hard surfaces, getting hurt isn’t a possibility. So if you have boisterous children in your home, this kind of bed will be a very safe option.
How to choose best-upholstered beds?
Upholstered beds are very popular and the popularity is not based on hype. There are some solid reasons that contribute to the popularity. They are available in many sizes, styles, colors, and materials.
People who are handy with tools also love these beds as they can put them together very easily. There are many choices in configuration as well from simple beds with only the headboards upholstered to more intricate ones with padded frames as well.
There are many different options available in frames as well.
The three basic things to consider while buying the best-upholstered bed are; style, type and size.
Selection by Style
- As mentioned earlier, this type of bed comes in many styles; you can buy a bed with a wall-mounted bed frame, or a freestanding one or a bed with attached headboards.
- You can’t ignore the height and width either. Some headboards can tower over the bed, while others might be wide enough to encompass the nightstands. There are still others that wrap around the sides of the bed to some extent.
- One of the most important considerations is obviously the fabric. You need to choose a color and texture that complements the décor and color scheme of the room as whole or the bed will look quite out of place.
- Nailheads are often a prominent feature of upholstered beds. So, if you want them in your bed you will also have to decide what size nail heads you want, how many rows and what color nails will look good, etc.
Selection by type
This is a bit trickier; you will have to do some research before you can even begin to take a decision on this basis. The internet can be your best friend at this point. Spend some time researching and you won’t make any regrettable mistakes when time to choose a bed comes.
- Contemporary: The contemporary style of upholstered beds goes very well with bedrooms with modern décor. They are usually simpler, low on the padding and come in neutral colors. Modern décor is usually all about straight lines and edges, an upholstered bed will make a nice contrast with its curves and softness.
- Sleigh bed: this one is a classic that has stood the test of time without losing one iota of popularity. The sleigh bed is an embodiment of comfort and luxury with its soft lines and padded elegance, which is why leather is often a fabric of choice for this type of beds.
- Complete upholstered: Complete upholstered beds have padded frames as well as headboards. This type of bed looks and feels very comfortable. The covering could be faux leather, vinyl, leather or fabric.
- Upholstery on the footboard and headboard: though most upholstered beds focus on the headboard alone, a bed with matching footboard and headboard can make a bed stand out. This look goes well with traditional décor.
- Upholstered canopy bed: do you want a room within a room? If your answer is yes then this is the bed for you. This type of bed gives a feeling of immense comfort and safety. However, it might be hard to move them around.
Selection by Size
You would think that this will be the easiest thing to decide, but it might not be as easy as you hope.
The size of a bed doesn’t always depend on the number of people sleeping in it. If you want a bed only for yourself, you would think that a single bed would do just fine, but if your room is very big, a single bed will look puny and disturb the ambiance of the room.
On the other hand, a king-size bed in a tiny room will not be suitable either.
You need a reasonable amount of space in the bedroom and around the bed so that it doesn’t feel stuffy or suffocating.
- Get your homework done before you start shopping for a bed. Research all you can about upholstered beds and their pros and cons.
- Decide the color and fabric and look for beds accordingly. Look up the models online first; if you like any of them then you can look for the exact model or something similar to it in nearby stores.
- Shop around a little, there is no reason for you to buy a bed from the first store you visit. It might seem like unnecessary hardship, but visiting a few stores will mean that you have more options.
- Don’t buy a bed without testing it out first, when you go to the shop, lie down on the upholstered bed you like for at least 5 minutes.
- If you share your bed with somebody, take that person along when you are shopping for a bed. Though you might have to make a few concessions in order to accommodate your partner, in the long term it will be well worth it.
- Is storage an issue for you? If yes then why not choose an upholstered bed that comes with ample storage space. This way you will be killing two birds with one stone, you will get a comfortable bed and save the space that a wardrobe would have taken up otherwise.
- Just because a bed looks wonderful in the store doesn’t really mean that it will look wonderful in your bedroom as well. So, unless you are ready to redecorate your room for the sake of your bed, you will have to choose something that blends seamlessly with the overall theme of the room.
- A good quality upholstered bed wouldn’t come very cheap. This is not to say that you wouldn’t find a cheap one. But buying a very cheap bed will translate to a lot of problems in the not too distant future. A bed is a long term investment, so being a miser might not be the best approach. Choose an upholstered bed that is value for money. It is okay to make some compromises with respect to the look and style, but you shouldn’t compromise with comfort which is essential for a good night’s sleep.
Modern Trendy Bed Frames for the Stylish Bedroom
The largest feature of the bedroom and the focal point of the room are the bed frames that are used while designing the room.
The feature can completely change the appearance of the bedroom and can be chosen in textiles like leather and velvet, or traditional styles crafted from wood and metal.
Learning about the options for the many styles of bed frames can be helpful for homeowners that are trying to redesign the bedroom in the home.
Stylish and trendy options to create a modern bedroom include:
Leather Bed Frames
Leather bed frames or the more affordable faux leather bed frames are a great option to design a room in luxurious tones and textures throughout the room.
These bed frames are commonly available in white, black and brown, creating an inviting and warm space in the bedroom.
Leather bed frames are created in the popular style of platform beds and are designed with the traditional headboard and footboard that is completely covered in leather.
Wooden Platform Bed Frames
Wooden bed frames are a popular choice for people designing a room in modern and simplistic styles.
These bed frames don’t require the use of a box spring, as the mattress can be placed directly on the slats designed on to the platform of the bed.
This makes it an affordable choice, as well as a modern choice.
There are many styles of wooden platform beds that are available to choose from through leading big-box retailers, at rock bottom prices or high-end designer platform beds available for upwards of several thousand dollars.
Covered Headboard Bed Frames
Covered headboards are the fastest way to create a statement in a room makeover. Using a covered headboard in a bold fabric can help to complete the room design.
The bold fabric becomes the focal point of the room and the other furniture in the room can be chosen based on the style and print of the covered headboard.
Covered headboards can create a unique style in the bedroom and can be a great way to find a focal point in the room.
A popular do-it-yourself project, there are many ways that older bedroom furniture can be completely transformed through the use of some padding, fabric, and embellishments that are used throughout the style of the room.
These styles of headboards can be quite expensive and are available through designer lines if DIY is not in your repertoire. Shopping through designer furniture shops and showrooms can help to find the latest styles – or inspiration for a DIY bed frame project.
Classic Sleigh Beds
The classic sleigh bed design is easily translated into the popular modern styles of beds. These popular styles of beds are created with a head and footboard that make an impact through the design of the room.
Crafted in rich tones and hardwood styles, the classic sleigh bed is an option for a room design that is going to be paired with rich and luxurious features and beddings throughout the space.
Though a classic choice, more and more designers are creating sleigh beds that are designed to mesh well with modern spaces.
The large design requires a room large enough to accommodate the big slice of style – something to consider when shopping for a new bed.
Larger rooms are better suited to sleigh beds, as smaller spaces can be easily overtaken from the large piece of furniture.
Metal Canopy Bed Frames
Metal canopy bed frames are a popular choice to create a room style with a romantic feel. The popular styles of bed frames can be draped with fabric to offset the coolness of the metal design. Choosing rich fabrics and vintage designs, the metal canopy bed frames are a popular choice – and as an added incentive, the metal bed frames with canopies are also an affordable choice.
Canopy bed frames are a versatile way to change the appearance of the space. The canopy can be changed as the fabric is not included with the bed frame – and can be changed to suit the varied décor of the room. In addition, the canopy frame can often be removed through a simple process, leaving behind the metal head and footboard to create a modern design without the canopy.
Bed With Storage – What would it allow you to do?
A twin bed with storage will allow you to preclude the use of conventional dresser and or chest of drawers that take up space in a juvenile’s room.
Some of these beds go the extra mile and have built-ins like a slide-out activity table, spring-loaded mattress deck that lifts to reveal extra storage in addition to the drawers that make up the lower part of the frame. There are even twin storage beds that are on a platform system, which looks like a bunk bed without the lower bunk installed.
These will allow for a complete child’s activity or homework area, plus room for a computer, television, and a built-in staircase with drawers under each step that leads up to the bed. With these types of beds, you get a chance to save a ton of room on your bed with storage.
These beds with storage free up a lot of what most people would call junk that collects dust from around the house.
Another good advantage of using this type of furniture is that you can also store memorabilia or anything that has sentimental value within the object.
You can do this in an organized fashion and more importantly, you can store these special things safely on your bed with storage.
Bed With Storage – Lastly
The need for under bed storage for a bed with storage is different for all college students sharing a bedroom in an apartment.
When renting a house, these beds with storages are almost a requirement to have any type of place to put clothing, and other incidentals when there are two and three people living in each bedroom.
These beds can be purchased for a little as a couple of hundred dollars, and if there is not a limit to mom and dad’s black American Express card then, by all means, indulge yourself with a two thousand dollar Scandinavian storage bed that is not only functional but a genuine work of art as in bed with storage.
Keep clutter away by getting kids a bed with storage
We could all use a little extra storage in our homes when we have kids running around. That’s why you should really think about looking at kids’ beds with storage.
For such a small space, the storage options are endless, and can really help you get a hold on the toys, crafts, and clothes that seem to be weighing you down and getting worse every day.
You might be thinking that ‘under bed storage’ is what kids do when you tell them to clean their rooms. We’ve all got images of clothes, papers, games, and who knows what else, shoved under the bed, collecting dust, never to be seen again.
This is the unfortunate image that comes to mind when we talk about storing things under our beds.
But it doesn’t have to be like that – even for your kids! Give them a proper storage solution and set some expectations, and they can’t go wrong!
There are a few bed ideas here that we would recommend checking out. Storage beds for kids aren’t incredibly expensive due to the fact that they’re pretty small, so you would do well to shop around if you are thinking of a storage bed.
You can, of course, find other under bed solutions for children, such as using storage bins, but there are so many excellent and creative beds that you should check them out first.
Setting your children up with storage beds is wonderful, because you can tell them that shoving their toys, crafts, clothing and other items under their bed is great! They’ll love it, and you’ll love the fact that it’s in a neat, organized and clean way, rather than the nightmare image you have of things crammed under the bed.
Make it even more organized by having an in-drawer storage organizer. You can divvy up compartments and make labels so that it’s easy for your kids to remember where everything goes. This will help them get into the habit of putting things away because it’s easy and they don’t have to rack their brain trying to remember where each piece goes. Make it easy and fun and they’ll fall into organization and cleanliness quickly!
What kind of things might you store under your children’s beds?
Toys and games – things like lego, board games, wooden blocks, small figurines, action figures…the list goes on and on!
Books – is a bookshelf not in the cards? Maybe you don’t have room, or maybe your kids have a few favorite books that they want close to the bed. Having a storage container full of some books is a great way to save space and have reading material close by.
Clothing – whether they have a dresser or not, using the under bed storage space for clothes can be smart. Eliminate the cramped feeling of the dresser or closet, or eliminate the dresser altogether with clothes storage under the bed.
Craft materials – Just like toys and games, your kids will love having a space dedicated to their crafts. Put all the construction paper, glue, glitter, scissors and markers under their bed and use labels. Always organized!
As you can see, there are many options when it comes to storing things under your kids’ beds with storage. The choice is yours, but make sure you explore this option if you are looking for extra storage and a solution to clutter!
Organized people should love Upholstered beds with storage
You’re an organized person. You likely have shelves and some nifty storage boxes and containers hidden away, sometimes in plain sight (because you’re good like that – making functional look stylish).
Let’s take a look at your bedroom, then.
How’s your organization here? You’ve got a dresser, a closet, a nightstand or two. Everything put away, yes? Hooks on walls might hold various accessories to your wardrobe. Your closet might have a hanging shoe rack.
So you are, in fact, an organized person. But wait a moment – what’s under your bed?
No, it is not just a place where naughty children hide their mess. If you’re not using the space under your bed properly, your claim as an organized person could be in jeopardy!
Here’s what I mean: you should be looking for and utilizing any and all storage spaces. We’ve all got stuff, but too many of us just don’t have enough room for all of it. Sometimes things will pile up – on the dresser, a table, a desk – and you’ll always make a note to clean it sometimes. Sometimes becomes never and you resort to tidying the messy area – stacking things in order by size, so that it looks less messy.
What if there was a way to get rid of this small, but annoying clutter? What if your closet could get a little extra breathing room? And those knick-knacks you don’t display but would never throw out?
If this sounds ansaything like you, organized person that you are, you need to be thinking about beds with storage.
You will climb the ranks of organized-personhood faster than ever, and finally put an end to your clutter, overstocked closets and drawers, and anything else that you just can’t find room for.
There are many options when it comes to under bed storage, and you should be using one of them.
Did you know that depending on your bed size, you might be wasting up to 40 square feet under your bed that could be used for discreet storage?
Beds with storage offer you so many options. Whether you get a bed frame that has drawers or you use simple boxes that slide under your bed, you’re sure to be thrilled with the added storage space that was hiding right under your nose.
Organized people find great use for the added space. Store clothing, files, books, games, crafts, and more. There’s a storage solution for all of your needs, as long as it fits under your bed.
If you’ve got everything else down pat, and you are utilizing other amazing storage solutions throughout your home, you cannot pass up beds with storage – they will perfectly complement the rest of your neat and tidy home, and they will save you from many headaches when it comes to small things that just never quite find a home, or from other crowded storage spaces.
Organized people beware – there’s probably extra storage space in your room, you’ve just got to find and use it!
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API