Bathroom curtains are an important part of any bathroom design. They can add privacy and style and even help control the amount of light entering the room. With so many different options available, it can be hard to know where to start when choosing the perfect set for your home.
Best Bathroom Curtains
- WELL MADE - Sold as 2 panels. Each Panel measures 42" wide x 36" long with 3" rod pocket top, which fits most of the rods. Both sides are the same color.
- HOME DECOR - Small Curtains suit most of the places and you can use them as tiers or curtains. Widely suit for bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, basement, office, RV window...Add clean lines and decorate your window with a classic look.
- LIGHT BLOCKING - Curtains block 85-95% sunlight and UV rays (Dark color works better) for maximum privacy and undisturbed sleep. Thermal property of the blackout curtains ensure that the room temperature is regulated. Protect your indoor furniture from directly exposing to the sun.
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY - RYB HOME has various styles of INDOOR OUTDOOR CURTAINS for you to match, which provide a harmonious window dressing and make your home lively.
- EASY CARE - Easy to maintain and machine washable. Use only non-chlorine bleach & warm iron when needed. Tumble dry low.
- READY MADE: Package includes 1 panel Tie Up Shade with 46" width x 63" length (117cm x 161cm), same color as front. 3" pocket fits various standard or decorative curtain rod/pole.
- SERVE WELL: Tie up the shades to let in more natural light and enhance the look of your windows or untie, for more coverage and privacy. Curtains impede 85%-99% light and UV rays (dark color curtains work well).
- EASY ADJUST: Tie up shade(ties begin a little down the curtain but only about a 1/4) can be tied to the point of the connecting seam, and can be adjusted to the height you desire.
- HOME DECORATION: The sophisticated designs allow you to decorate your windows with great styles, perfect for the small window in the kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: NICETOWN blackout curtains are made to last. Machine washable in cold water, tumble dry. Quick ironing or steam clean when needed. Visiting the NICETOWN store, find out favorite curtains.
- OMBRE DESIGN:These sheer panels features an ombre design for an eye-catching and contemporary look.Colors gently graduated-bleeding from light to dark instantly add a statement yet not too bold or loud - simplistic experience and easy match to accentuate your home decor.Dark colors part also helps block some light for privacy.
- LINEN LIKE EXPERIENCE: With these full dull & subtle slub faux linen textured & light and airy fabrics,the sheer curtains help enhancing privacy while still letting light come through compared with normal transparent sheers.
- MULTI FUNCTIONS: Perfect home decor for living room,dinning room,bedroom,party,wedding backdrops or even outdoor,project,office,dorm,high end decor such as luxury hotel and restaurant.Ready made to match your blackout curtains,darkening curtains,velvet curtains,curtain valances,blinds or any window treatment.
- FACTORY-DIRECT: Shop with confidence.Years of supplying renowned DIY stores retailers or supermarkets ensures the quality control besides the facrtory-direct advantages.With the aid of e-commerce,we will focus on service beyond quality.
- PACKAGE & EASY CARE: Sold as 2 curtain panels. Dual pockets.1 inch header pocket for ruffle effect and 2.5 inch pocket large enough for decorative curtain rods.Each panel measures 45 Inch height x 42 inch width.Total width is 84 inch width.Machine wash cold.No bleach.Tumble dry.Cool iron if needed.
- Ready Made: 2 panel tiers per package. Panel measures W36 x H36; Set measures W72 x H36. These tailored short curtains are simple and elegant, water repellent, dust proof and wrinkle proof, good use for decoration
- Rod Pocket Header: Rod pockets design for easy hanging. 2 inch high slot is large enough for ball end curtain rods which add class to curtains, works well with the tension rods or standard rods
- Complete the look: These tailored tier curtains can be combined with coordinating our waffle woven textured valance and bathroom shower curtains, all available thru Barossa Design
- Multi Applications: Used for lower portion of your windows or shorter length windows, help obscure light and create the stylish look of your window. They can be used as bathroom window curtains, kitchen curtains or cafe curtains, suitable for other rooms like infant room, basement, bedroom, living room and other small narrow windows, for protecting privacy
- 90 Day Guarantee: Contact us if any question, we will respond typically within 24-48 business hours
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Our window tier curtains are made of premium waterproof waffle weave textured plaid fabric, which feels skin-friendly, offering you a comfortable and healthy environment.
- MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS: Use the tailored tier curtains to cover the lower portion of windows or used alone on shorter length windows, it will coordinate and enhance the appearance of your kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, studio or whatever you used them.
- SERVE WELL: Not only do these curtains provide privacy, they also allow the sun's soft light to gently stream into a room. 2 inch rod pocket works well with tension rods or normal rods. It fits a curtain rod up to 1.5" in diameter. Simple pleats on the rod pocket add elegant look.
- UNIQUE HOME DECOR: The solid color and waffle weave design make for an ideal window treatment, just enough to soften a stark window frame without blocking natural light, seamlessly coordinates with the rest of your room.
- STANDARD SIZE: Package includes 2 panel tiers. Each curtain panel measures 30"W x 45"L, W60xL45/set. These tailored tier curtains can be combined with coordinating curtain valance.
Because there are so many things to consider when choosing bathroom curtains to include these plus others, we wanted to offer a brief buying guide to make the process of shopping easier. Finding curtains that meet all your needs is actually not difficult once you know what to look for and where to shop. In addition, with thousands of possibilities in today’s market, you can buy high-quality bathroom curtains without spending a fortune.
For starters, determine the look you want to achieve. Based on this, you would choose elegant, contemporary, rustic, traditional, or whimsical curtains, or perhaps something else. Consider the style and décor of the room and the color scheme.
Once you know how you want the room to look, then choosing material, style, color, and pattern is a breeze. For instance, for a cottage or shabby chic look, the bathroom curtains should be made of light material, something airy and possibly trimmed with lace. If the goal were to create a sophisticated bathroom, then you would look for heavier fabric such as jacquard or linen. However, a traditional room might include bathroom curtains made from cotton or a cotton and polyester blend.
Add in privacy and light elements once you know the final look you want to achieve. Keep in mind that even when choosing heavier fabrics, you can still create a lightroom by using tiebacks or installing faux wood blinds layered with heavier cotton bathroom curtains of rich colors, textures, and patterns.
Even if light were an issue, using the layering effect would help with the natural light issue but still allow you to decorate the bathroom elegantly. Often, using curtains and other types of window treatment such as blinds, shades, and shutters is the ideal solution no matter the look wanted.
In addition to the room’s decorum, bathroom curtains should also fit. One of the most common mistakes people make when buying new window treatments is failing to take accurate measurements.
Often, people will either guess or take measurements just once, only to find out after making a purchase they were way off. Although the goal would be to purchase quality bathroom curtains, the truth is that even less expensive curtains would look nice if they fit properly.
For this reason, make sure you measure width and length twice for the window itself from frame to frame, but then add inches for the exact placement of the curtains.
It would help if you also gave some thought to maintenance and care. Today, most bathroom curtains sold can be hand or machine-washed, which is the easiest and least expensive care option.
However, some higher-quality curtains have to be dry-cleaned, so if this type of cleaning is not in the budget or it is something you prefer to avoid, make sure you check the exact fabric or fabric blend, coupled with the manufacturer’s instructions for care.
Fancy Some Fabric Shower Curtains?
One thing that every bathroom needs is a shower curtain. One that works well- no one likes when the floor is all wet and slippery after a shower. Fabric shower curtains do their job well and look great. They are a preferred option for any bathroom.
A fabric shower curtain is very effective in keeping the water in the shower stall. The fabric itself is a breathable material. Therefore, it does not become moldy as easily as other materials, lasting longer. A fabric shower curtain liner can be inserted to protect the fabric curtain and repel the water, giving it an even longer life.
Even without the liners, often the fabric is made of special material that does not absorb the water. However, be careful when buying- some fabric curtains may be very beautiful, but they are impractical, as they do not do their job properly.
They may absorb too much water, which may ruin the design or even the curtain itself. With such curtains, fabric shower curtain liners are definitely needed.
For larger shower stalls or bathtubs, you can get extra long fabric shower curtains in all sorts of colors and designs. Different types of curtains may come with small nuances that make a huge difference to you.
Does it ever bother you that the hooks of your curtain can become easily undone, and after a while, it looks as if it is only half on? Then why not invest in a hookless fabric shower curtain, which will make your life easier and your bathroom look neater.
You can choose any design you want for your shower curtain. If you have an elegant and nice bathroom, then an elegant fabric shower curtain is for you. If you like the more funky and contemporary look, you can choose from a great selection of dotted or striped fabric shower curtains.
If you can not decide on a specific curtain, you can always buy a few and switch them every so often.
This is especially feasible when you buy cheap fabric shower curtains, as you won’t feel guilty buying more when spending less. Contemporary fabric shower curtains come in just about any design available, and you’re sure to enjoy picking out one for your bathroom.
You’ll love the way your bathroom looks with your handpicked fabric curtain and be pleased that such a small change makes such a great difference. It’ll make your showers more enjoyable and exciting.
Popular Types of Bathroom Window Curtains
Although there are many different options for curtains, we wanted to provide information pertaining to the most popular types of bathroom window curtains. As you look over the various options, you may very well find something that appeals to you but if not, remember you have many other possibilities.
However, this list of popular choices exists for a reason. These curtains are typically the types that look best in bathrooms, which is why they have withstood the test of time.
• Pinch Pleated Bathroom Curtains – If you have a traditional bathroom, you would probably prefer pinch pleated curtains. These curtains are made with permanent pleats, which have actually been stitched into place, so even when washed, the pleats never come out.
When shopping for curtains of this type, we suggest you look for those that not only have the pleats stitched but also professionally pressed. Although you can find a few pinch pleat bathroom curtains designed, so the pleats only occur toward the top, most often, the pleats run the full length of the curtains for a more cohesive loo.
• Grommet Top Curtains – In this case, the curtains have been made with grommets at the top, which are large. Because of this, the curtain rod simply slips through the grommet and is then placed onto the brackets. Grommet top bathroom window curtains are often one color, and while somewhat simplistic in style, they have a modern twist that is very attractive.
• Flowing Curtains – Typically, flowing bathroom curtains are used for casual or traditional bathrooms. These curtains are usually made from a flowing polyester blend that creates a light and airy look. Rather than fit over a rod like other bathroom curtains, flowing curtains usually drape over the rod. Again, these curtains are simple, yet they add a touch of charm and elegance.
• Rod Pocket Curtains – If you want to create a more formal and sophisticated look in your bathroom, rod pocket curtains are an ideal solution. A pocket of material has been created at the top through which the rod fits for these curtains. If wanted, you can purchase rod pocket curtains that have an additional two to three inches of the material above the pocket so that when pulled open, they have a great look.
• Tab Top Curtains – The last option we wanted to mention is the tab top bathroom window curtains. In this case, the design consists of looped tabs of material spaced about every two to four inches apart instead of a pocket. The curtain rod would simply slip through each tab, which gives the bathroom window a trendy yet casual look. In addition, tab top curtains are often a popular choice for people who prefer to make bathroom curtains instead of buying them because they are relatively easy to make.
As mentioned, you have far more options than those mentioned above, but these are the ones that are commonly used. Because these curtains work with so many room styles, they are, in fact, timeless.
Choosing and Buying Curtain Rods
When you are choosing which curtains you want to install in your home, you have to consider many things from the color, style, fabric, and placement. If those curtains still don’t match the rest of your style, then your interior design will suffer.
Curtains not only have a cosmetic appeal, but they also keep out light and heat while preserving your privacy. But once you have wonderful curtains, you should consider finding attractive curtains rods to match. You certainly don’t want your beautiful curtains sitting on curtain rods that are not attractive.
It is recommended by most interior designers that you choose different curtains rods for the different rooms in your home. Not only because it will add appeal to the different rooms but also because one rod may be appealing with one type of curtains but not another.
The look will get dull if you have the same pattern and stitching everywhere you look. Variety is the best way to avoid having your design look stale. It is important to try and add something a little different to each window so that it has an appeal all its own.
There will be a lot of styles of curtain rods to choose from, so you are going to have to decide what style and look you are going for. Do you want a more classic and traditional look or more modern and unconventional?
When you are looking at the curtain rods at the store, you should try and picture each one in your home and paired with your curtains. Imagine what feeling will be in your home if you choose those rods, and is it a feeling that you want.
Your interior design will invoke feelings in yourself and your visitors, so it is important to consider what you want that feeling to be and if your design will accomplish that. The last thing you want is to feel uncomfortable in your own home.
Buying your new curtain rods is the next step. You know what you want, and now you need to know where to get it.
Many websites these days are selling a variety of styles of rods online. But as with purchasing anything on the Internet, you should do some research into the company itself. Buying from only the most reputable companies will ensure that you get exactly what you want.
Many of these websites will have so many designs to choose from you can get distracted. Focus on what you want, and don’t be tempted to buy something that you see for a moment and look for what you really need instead. Compare websites for the price and shipping costs as well. You might find the exact same curtain rods at a much better price.
You can also buy curtain rods in home improvement stores. If you ask where you can find the rods for drapes and curtains. The employee will take you right to the section you’re looking for, and you can make sure that they have what you need.
Look at everything they are offering and be sure it meets a high-quality standard so that you can be sure they will last a very long time. The right curtain rods can wonderfully accent your interior design, so be sure that you are finding the right curtain rods instead of just what’s popular or affordable at the moment.
Installing New Bathroom Window Curtains
The most important part of the new bathroom window curtains is the installation. Okay, most people think you simply pick a spot for the brackets, put the rod up, and then hang the curtains, but this leads to an array of problems.
For one thing, you want your new curtains to look as if a professional had hung them, making the entire room look amazing. As you will see from the information in this article, installing new bathroom curtains is not a major undertaking, but it does require following proper steps.
Remember, when the new bathroom curtains are hung right, not only do they look gorgeous, but you also avoid damaging the walls or even window frames by putting the brackets up wrong.
In addition, instead of the curtains falling down or starting to become lopsided, the proper installation would allow you to open and shut them daily without any movement. In other words, installing the right way improves appearance, reduces potential damage, and provides seamless functionality.
Find the Header or Wall Stud
The most important thing is finding the header or wall stud through which the screw for the brackets would be inserted. Typically, studs are evenly placed on either side of a bathroom window when the home is built, but this may not be the case in older homes or in newer homes with a pool builder.
Therefore, you may need to use hollow wall anchors. You cannot drill directly into the drywall since this material is not designed to hold weight. With an anchor, a tube made of plastic is inserted into the drywall, and then into the plastic tube, the screw for the bracket is inserted. That way, if the studs are not evenly spaced, you can place the brackets, so they are, regardless.
In most homes, the bathroom window height is the same as the door height. Therefore, you would need to install the curtains, so the top is even with the top of the window. However, if your bathroom window happens to be lower than the door, simply adjust where the brackets would be installed so once the new bathroom window curtains are hung, they are even to the top of the door. This creates a much more balanced and cohesive look, which helps pull the room’s entire appearance together.
Another thing to consider is that if the window is extremely narrow, you can create the illusion of width simply by inserting the brackets, so they are drilled further out on the wall away from the window frame.
Again, once you hang your new bathroom window curtains, the fabric would extend much further out from the frame, immediately making the room look larger. There are a number of secrets such as this that can enhance installing of bathroom curtains, so if you have a “problem window,” do not worry, as solutions are always available.
One last note is that if you have an old home with plaster walls, you will need to be extremely cautious when hanging brackets for your new curtains. Since plaster is actually a very fragile material, a small drill would need to be used to drill a pilot hole, followed by using a slightly larger drill so you can get a plastic wall anchor inserted.
For a project such as this, make sure to take your time to end up with a stronghold for the curtains and no damage to the plaster wall.
Top Companies For Bathroom Curtains
Because there are so many different companies to consider, choosing just one can be a little overwhelming. We wanted to offer some recommendations on some of the companies that sell bathroom curtains that we feel have the best reputation and those with an excellent selection. That way, no matter your preferred style, you will find an array of possibilities. Keep in mind that this list is specific to internet shopping, so there are a few other companies that you may like locally.
• Martha Stewart – You can always find a nice selection of bathroom window curtains, shower curtains, and other bathroom items from Martha Stewart. In most cases, the prices are very affordable. These choices are beautiful, and the quality is well worth the month.
• Pottery Barn – Although sometimes the price for products is slightly higher than some people may want to pay, the selection is fabulous and the fabrics exquisite. Whether looking for something sophisticated or casual, more than likely, you could find it on Pottery Barn’s website.
• Crate and Barrel – Another popular online store for bathroom curtains is Crate and Barrel, which has built a solid reputation over the years for excellence. The prices are reasonable, and again, the selection is vast, so you would have no problem finding exactly what you need.
• Linenplace.com – At this online store, you will find wonderful choices, and the nice thing is that the prices are good, but you also have a huge selection of bathroom curtains and other items with a high thread count. That means the product is quality and a great investment.
• Best Bath and Beyond – Although you more than likely have this particular store locally, they also have a great website with an array of bathroom curtains, shower curtains, accessories, and more. In addition, this company often has great sales, so if you need to stick to a budget without sacrificing on quality and selection, you may want to browse the site.
• Linen Source – Another great choice with mid-level to high-end brands for bathroom window curtains, shower curtains, rugs, and more. The rates are reasonable, and shipping is very affordable.
• Kohls – We wanted to throw Kohls into the mix because this company is known for providing customers with great choices. To save even more money when shopping for bathroom curtains and other related items is to sign up as a customer, which in turn will yield coupons that can be used locally or on their website.
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API