There are many types of garage door – sectional, roller, and perhaps the most popular, up-and-over – but what they all have in common is their ability to be mechanized to open at the touch of a button.
If you have had enough of struggling with a garage door to get inside from the rain or have concerns about safety, it might be time to think about converting to the convenience of an electrical operator.
With winter approaching in a couple of months, now is the perfect time to consider making an investment and seeing the benefits for years to come.
1. Save time and effort
Life can feel like a constant rush of appointments, school drops, and shopping trips, and while it might sound insignificant, getting in and out of the car to open the garage door, then shut it before you leave can quickly eat into precious minutes of your day.
For a busy family, an automated door is a real-time saver. Everyone can pile into the car from the safety of the garage. You press a button, drive out, and press a button again to close the door as you drive away.
Homeowners with multiple doors will also appreciate being able to operate two garage doors at the same time. Not only does this reduce manual labor, but it makes life easier when guests are staying or when several cars need to be parked up at the same time.
2. Access your garage without leaving the comfort of your car
A door operator gives individuals the ability to automate their garage door quickly and conveniently in inclement weather or at night.
As David O’Mara, marketing manager at Hörmann UK, confirms: “We will be approaching the colder months. There is no denying that it’s a hassle getting out of the car or leaving the house to open the garage. But with an automated door, you can stay exactly where you are, which is great as the temperatures start to drop.”
So, whether it is pouring with rain or the first frost has hit, homeowners can avoid battling the elements just to get to their garage.
3. Automated garage doors are better for your security
Many of us are guilty of leaving the car unlocked – or even worse, still running – while getting out to open the garage door.
In the few seconds it takes you to open the garage. An opportunistic thief could be in your driver’s seat and racing off down the road. So, from a safety perspective, a canopy door operator really is the best option.
4. There are operators for every type of garage door
There are a number of automatic doors available on the market, such as up-and-over, sectional, roller, and side-sliding garage doors.
It’s important to choose a product that’s right for you. It fits in with the exterior of your home along with your individual requirements, whether that’s security, ease of access, or low maintenance. If you pick the right option with no additional modifications, installation can be completed in no time at all.
5. Automated doors offer peace of mind to those with mobility issues
Up-and-over canopy garage doors are one of the most popular types of garage doors in the US, and understandably so, as this classic style works with almost any home.
However, even if you consider yourself fit and healthy, raising an up-an-over door can put you at risk of shoulder or back problems. And, for those who struggle with lifting, it might be impossible to open the door at all without help.
Automation offers complete safety from further injury and gives independence back to drivers who might not have been able to use the door before.
Best Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Openers
- Try Key In-Garage Delivery and receive a $40 credit with your first In-Garage Delivery. Enter KEY40 at checkout of your first in-garage delivery to receive a $40 Amazon credit. Promotion applies to eligible Amazon Prime members in select areas. Full terms & conditions at amazon.com/keypromo
- “Did I shut the garage?” No more worrying!
- Open or close your garage from anywhere. Simply download the free myQ app for iPhone or Android and get connected with your very own Smart Garage
- Give access to family or friends while on the go
- Never worry if the garage is closed at night by setting a close schedule
- ✔️ COMPATIBILITY CHECK & CONNECTION - Nexx Garage is compatible with most garage door openers but before purchasing, ❗ CHECK FOR COMPATIBILITY ❗ on GetNexx website or test by following the Compatibility image instructions in the image gallery. FREE adapter for incompatible openers. Wifi 2.4 Ghz connection required for off-site control. Works on-site using Bluetooth or Wifi. Nexx Garage NXG-200 comes with WIRELESS sensor, optional WIRED sensor available for gates or those who prefer this option.
- ✔️ CONVENIENT & SECURE REMOTE MONITORING & SMART NOTIFICATIONS - Open & close your garage door from anywhere anytime while SECURELY SHARING with family and friends. Always know who is coming or going (and when!) and receive notifications if someone has forgotten to close the door. HISTORY LOG FOR SECURITY - No other product lets you know both WHO & WHEN your garage is accessed!
- ✔️ACTIVATE BY TAPPING, SPEAKING, OR DRIVING UP - Control using our NEXX mobile app by Tapping on the app, by Speaking to Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Siri, or by Driving up and your garage door automatically opens up with our industry-leading “Just Drive” Geofencing Technology.
- ✔️ EASY INSTALLATION WITH ZERO SUBSCRIPTION FEES - Smarten up and automate your garage in 10 minutes or less with our all-new wireless sensor system. There are no hidden fees or ongoing monthly subscription. Even voice activation using Alexa, Google, Siri is FREE! One controller is needed for each garage door opener, so garage door(s) with 2 openers will need 2 NEXX Garage controllers.
- COMPTIBILITY: It is compatible with most major garage door opener in the market. Scroll down and check your model compatibility in the Product guides and documents - Compatibility Guide. NO MONTHLY FEE or HIDDEN FEES.
- REMOTELY CONTROL: Open, close, check door status, receive just within your eHomeLife ios/android App. Works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa.
- ALERTS: Stay alert by different notification modes, which remind you close the garage door (overtime and overnight notifications) or keep you update with the door status.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Just much easier than you think, all you need to do is following the user manual or app guide.
- HIGH STABILITY: High sensitivity sensor, reliable connection and quality, any problem just contact our support team, we’ll glad to help you.
- New free in-garage delivery with key by amazon available in select areas (check eligibility at amazon.com/keypromo). Prime members can opt in with the myQ smart garage hub to get Amazon packages securely delivered right inside their garage, simply link your myQ account in the Key app
- Smart garage control open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone through the myQ App
- Universal – Easy-to-add functionality to upgrade your existing garage door opener. Works with all major brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors
- The requirements needed to start - a router with 2.4 gigahertz Wi-Fi frequency, router with 802.11 B/G/N, a router within 50 feet of the myQ Smart Garage Hub (more details in PDF user manual)
- Simple setup: Wireless install with easy step by step instructions provided in the myQ App means you’ll be able to enjoy smart garage control in minutes
- Be Smart: Make your existing garage door smart. Remote and Voice Control, just tapping the meross app from anywhere or speaking to your Alexa, Google Assistant or SmartThings devices. To let in your family, guests or couriers through the garage door while you are cooking or not at home. No monthly fee or any other subscription fee!
- Compatibility Check: Please scroll down and check in the "Product guides and documents -Compatibility Guide (PDF)" whether your garage door model is in the compatibility list. Also you can check if your garage door model is in the compatibility list on meross official web.
- Multiple Notification Modes: Stay alert by different notification modes such as garage door open/ close status, overtime notification and overnight notification to remind you close the garage door. And you can check the garage door open/ close operation records through the APP.
- Stable and Precise: Meross smart garage opener works with Mediatek IoT chipset that supply Chipest for Amazon Echo smart speaker. Powerful chipest make it capable of longer WiFi connection range and lower disconnection rate than most of its competitors. And it comes with a high sensitivity sensor which monitors the status of garage door more accurate and the signal stays stable.
- Easy to Install: Installation is much easier than you may think. Pls make sure your wifi strength is acceptable near your garage door. This is the upgraded version, which has solved the interference issues our old verion may cause to some garage door remotes.
Like this post? Check Out Others Here
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API